Lost my Sex drive because of Progesterone Cream

HeartGold

Hi,

I’m a 28 year old male and I used Progesterone Cream (3-5mg) per day for 2 weeks on my face to reduce some fine wrinkles (crows feet). It worked but my Sex Drive is non-existing right now.

What to do and should I worry? I always had high Libido.

I stopped using it for 3 weeks.

Last edited:

cs3000

common effect of progesterone (counters estradiol , & can reduce testosterone a little). should come back soon i'd think. if its a problem and u want it back faster could temporarily try lowering intake of other stuff that reduces estrogen (like vit E etc)

Mister

Yeah everything that fcks with hormones can give you "post finasteride syndrome" type of effects.

You also have watery sperm, brain fog, anhedonia?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m pretty sure the cream can stay in the subcutaneous fat for awhile and have somewhat unpredictable clearance from the body compared to a formulation like progest-e applied to the gums or oral progesterone. I’m sorry I don’t have a link/quote from Peat on it right now but that could be why it’s taking you weeks rather than days to recover.

OP
HeartGold

HeartGold

I’m pretty sure the cream can stay in the subcutaneous fat for awhile and have somewhat unpredictable clearance from the body compared to a formulation like progest-e applied to the gums or oral progesterone. I’m sorry I don’t have a link/quote from Peat on it right now but that could be why it’s taking you weeks rather than days to recover.
Well okay. I will eat some more fat and will see.

Herbie

@HeartGold I've taken 100s mgs of progest-e at once and taken 20-50mg a day for weeks and doesn't negatively affect sexual function. It temporarily dulls that relentless sexual urge/energy but it always comes back fast.

Santosh

@HeartGold I've taken 100s mgs of progest-e at once and taken 20-50mg a day for weeks and doesn't negatively affect sexual function. It temporarily dulls that relentless sexual urge/energy but it always comes back fast.

Are you using other hormones at the same time ?

Peater

I'm sure I read here that the 'relentless' frantic type of urge you mention is estrogen-driven. Although of course everyone blames nasty T because men are just brutes!

So if Progest-E opposes or flushes estrogen as claimed, then it makes sense it would help.

OP, make sure you're getting plenty of zinc and boron. You could probably take a ZMA supplement as a quick short-term improvement.

Herbie

I'm sure I read here that the 'relentless' frantic type of urge you mention is estrogen-driven. Although of course everyone blames nasty T because men are just brutes!

So if Progest-E opposes or flushes estrogen as claimed, then it makes sense it would help.

OP, make sure you're getting plenty of zinc and boron. You could probably take a ZMA supplement as a quick short-term improvement.
I know the frantic type but it's not that. I am a brute lol.

The sexual energy builds up and if one has heaps of sex it dulls and then it builds up again, taking progesterone is like having sex where it dulls it but just builds up unless provoked.

I describe it as some humming energy situated in the pelvic region which is warm and feels good and is always there until after the act.

Peater

I know the frantic type but it's not that. I am a brute lol.

The sexual energy builds up and if one has heaps of sex it dulls and then it builds up again, taking progesterone is like having sex where it dulls it but just builds up unless provoked.

I describe it as some humming energy situated in the pelvic region which is warm and feels good and is always there until after the act.
Ah, looks like I misunderstood what you meant, but you understood what I meant!

Herbie

Ah, looks like I misunderstood what you meant, but you understood what I meant!
Ray used to say that taking progesterone was like taking a cold shower, he said young men don't like it because of the shrinkage effect but all this is temporary so the op should be ok.

Even if it's temporary it will result in higher androgens because it's powerful anti cortisol and estrogen effects.

Peater

Ray used to say that taking progesterone was like taking a cold shower, he said young men don't like it because of the shrinkage effect but all this is temporary so the op should be ok.

Even if it's temporary it will result in higher androgens because it's powerful anti cortisol and estrogen effects.
What sort of physical size was a typical dose for you? I used to take a pea-sized amount.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals