Announcement MAJOR SOFTWARE UPGRADE IN PROGRESS

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
We have started a major software upgrade. This can take a few hours. The forum will look different during this time and will look different afterwards because of updated software. Please bear with me as I work through this and smooth things out. :hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey @charlie my bookmarked posts disappeared, will they be back after the update is finished?
Unfortunately we lost the bookmarks. The old bookmark system had limitations. However a new system will be put in place so you can start again and I do not think there should be a possibility of losing those and it will not have the limitations of the old system.

Thanks @charlie ! Also, thanks for everything you do for our community :)
:hattip

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey @charlie my bookmarked posts disappeared, will they be back after the update is finished?
The bookmarks were an addon before. Now, bookmarks are part of the core system. So, bookmarks should never be lost again. I know this does not help your lost bookmarks, so I sincerely apologize for those. But we had to do this upgrade, there was no way around it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The new forum upgrade brings a much better user experience to the forum. A lot of the bells and whistles that we use to have, are now core features. This is great for user experience, and admin experience. As with any new major updates, there might be a bit of a learning curve.

The major part of the update is done. However the work will continue over the next few days as I get the forum to where we need it for the best experience possible.

Love you guys and gals! YOU make this place ROCK! :D

mrchibbs

Wowza!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Getting rid of bookmarks was a huge mistake imo. I get that this is ur space but jeez dude....
Bookmarks are integrated now. As I mentioned above, it changed to a new system. I feel bad about the lost bookmarks, no doubt.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok I have installed the "Style" like we had before. If you want to change back to the original style you can click on "style chooser" at the bottom left of the forum.

TheSir

Will you be able to integrate the old layout into this new system? The light brown color scheme was soothing and gave the forum a distinct character. This current default theme feels overly clinical and insipid.

LuMonty

Just took a quick look during my break and I'm very happy with this upgrade. Getting to new posts is now a dedicated button and I can catch up on the forum without watching several threads. Salut, Charlie ?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Will you be able to integrate the old layout into this new system? The light brown color scheme was soothing and gave the forum a distinct character. This current default theme feels overly clinical and insipid.
I have just installed it but need to make some adjustments to get it closer to what we had before.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just took a quick look during my break and I'm very happy with this upgrade. Getting to new posts is now a dedicated button and I can catch up on the forum without watching several threads. Salut, Charlie ?
Fantastic! Yeh I am pretty stoked about this upgrade. We have definitely stepped it up a few notches. The core software is kick butt now. Very very happy here!

milkboi

Updated interface is looking nice! One thing I‘m missing is the „OP“ status on the profile picture of the OP.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Updated interface is looking nice! One thing I‘m missing is the „OP“ status on the profile picture of the OP.
Nice! OP status is on the list.

Quelsatron

I hope the related thread section in the bottom of each thread returns, it was practically the main way to discover threads aside from search

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals