Announcement MAJOR SOFTWARE UPGRADE IN PROGRESS

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I hope the related thread section in the bottom of each thread returns, it was practically the main way to discover threads aside from search
Yes definitely! It is on the list.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Please keep the suggestions and comments coming. I will work through them as I can.

Vesi

Not sure if anyone (or me for that matter) has mentioned about this previously, but in my opinion current amount of subforums is way too large. Basically it forces most people to use portal and search only. Spontaneous discovery via browsing forums is extremely tedious, and something that, i would think, most dont do.

From nerdy data/folder-perspective i can relate to current organization (i use something similar on my computer to order files/books), but for forum usability, current way is a mess.

My suggestion: portal is basically a chan-style megaforum that gives an view of what people are talking about right now, its amazing. Combine all subforums maybe into 4-5 forums, so that random discovery from old content becomes possible. Search-function would cover the rest.

In other words, smaller amount of forums would make it possible to bumb into older things that are interesting. As it is, people mostly interact with current content, and content that they search for.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dark mode maybe?
Done.

also you should look into React.js
Will do. :hattip
Not sure if anyone (or me for that matter) has mentioned about this previously, but in my opinion current amount of subforums is way too large. Basically it forces most people to use portal and search only. Spontaneous discovery via browsing forums is extremely tedious, and something that, i would think, most dont do.

From nerdy data/folder-perspective i can relate to current organization (i use something similar on my computer to order files/books), but for forum usability, current way is a mess.

My suggestion: portal is basically a chan-style megaforum that gives an view of what people are talking about right now, its amazing. Combine all subforums maybe into 4-5 forums, so that random discovery from old content becomes possible. Search-function would cover the rest.

In other words, smaller amount of forums would make it possible to bumb into older things that are interesting. As it is, people mostly interact with current content, and content that they search for.
Will take this under consideration, thank you.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

mrchibbs

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

mrchibbs

I agree. We need a way to keep old content accessible. The list of subforums is indeed gigantic.

Another thing would be to (automatically?) archive big threads when they're too ridiculously long.

I find it's better to start fresh sometimes.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I just need a "Perceive, Think, Act" banner made for the "Casual Dark". Anyone up to it? Needs to be a PNG and I will attach the other one for example.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 9

mrchibbs

Do you know what font it is?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I hope the related thread section in the bottom of each thread returns, it was practically the main way to discover threads aside from search
Done. Tweaking it now.

mrchibbs

perceive.png

Would that be Ok?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

mrchibbs

Now that I'm seeing it, might be nice if it had a logo, or maybe a bit bigger.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals