Announcement MAJOR SOFTWARE UPGRADE IN PROGRESS

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey @charlie , does this upgrade has a feature of dressing up the avatars with Santa Hats and adding conifers for the holidays? It was cute with them on
We got snow. :D

Would it be possible to add an 'arrow down' button below the 'arrow up'
I do not think it's possible with an addon but I will look.

amd

The text editor has issues with bold/color/underline markup codes.

Unless you start with only normal text and add markups, it can get confused and apply changes to things outside the selection.

If the pasted text has markup symbols is almost impossible to fix it.

It could also happen if you edit the text enough.

Last edited:

Logan-

I was able to find a solution. :D On the thread near the top right, you can click the three dots for "more options", then go down to the bottom where it says "export thread". You should then be able to print via browser. Let me know how it goes.

Charlie, check this out. When I try to print the Ray Peat Email Advice Depository the print function of the forum software only shows the first 500 posts in that thread and doesn’t show the later posts, there are no pages to choose after that.

Could you solve this issue? This wasn’t like that in the old software.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Giraffe

The text editor has issues with bold/color/underline markup codes.

Unless you start with only normal text and add markups, it can get confused and apply changes to things outside the selection.

If the pasted text has markup symbols is almost impossible to fix it.
When I have such issues, I click the "Toggle BBC code" button (the brackets in the upper right corner), so I can see the structure of the post.

Hugh Johnson

I just noticed none of my search engines link to this site. Google, duckduckgo or qwant.

Is this because of the software update, or have we managed to piss off the powers that be?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That tinfoil hat is a bit unfair. Google et al remove plenty of sites and topics.
I was kiddin around. :D They have been messing with our search results for quite a while now.

Logan-

I will look into it.
Have you looked into it?
CEA030E3-D222-44FB-8D3C-326CD4BCF6BB.jpeg

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Logan-

At this time the feature has a limiter to it that I have not found a way to get around.

That’s unfortunate. The print function is quite important for some people, especially for archiving purposes.

amd

Without knowing more, it could be as simple as making the number of posts per page the maximum possible or user selectable.

This would preserve the forum format, which is better than what Export/Print offers.

Show all posts on one page?

Looking for a HTML alternative to PDF printer.

That’s unfortunate. The print function is quite important for some people, especially for archiving.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals