Make Jello from Whole Gelatin?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I know that Ray recommends whole gelatin, not hydrolyzed.

Can you make Jello from whole gelatin? (I need a good way to get my kid to eat whole gelatin)

I looked on the web, but found nothing certain.
Thanks.
Paul

Jayehee

I know that Ray recommends whole gelatin, not hydrolyzed.

Can you make Jello from whole gelatin? (I need a good way to get my kid to eat whole gelatin)

I looked on the web, but found nothing certain.
Thanks.
Paul
I assume by "whole gelatin" you mean beef gelatin powder? If so, my standard method is as follows:

Ingredients:
25 grams gelatin
625 grams of liquid (which is about 22 ounces). You can use any liquid you'd like (water, juice, stock, broth)
(you can adjust the ratio of liquid to gelatin to your desired firmness)

Steps:
1. Heat 225 grams of liquid to just under a boil.
2. While heating the above liquid, separately whisk together 25 grams of gelatin with the remaining 400 grams of liquid.
3. Whisk in the 225 grams of the heated liquid to the already combined liquid/gelatin mixture.
4. Let everything cool for a few hours in the refrigerator.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I assume by "whole gelatin" you mean beef gelatin powder? If so, my standard method is as follows:

Ingredients:
25 grams gelatin
625 grams of liquid (which is about 22 ounces). You can use any liquid you'd like (water, juice, stock, broth)
(you can adjust the ratio of liquid to gelatin to your desired firmness)

Steps:
1. Heat 225 grams of liquid to just under a boil.
2. While heating the above liquid, separately whisk together 25 grams of gelatin with the remaining 400 grams of liquid.
3. Whisk in the 225 grams of the heated liquid to the already combined liquid/gelatin mixture.
4. Let everything cool for a few hours in the refrigerator.
Thanks.
Dinkov and Ray recommend whole gelatin powder, not hydrolyzed gelatin powder. That's all.
Some gelatin powders are hydrolyzed.
I think this recipe is for hydrolyzed gelatin, since only hydrolyzed gelatin can be added to cold water (step 2).
If you add whole, un-hydrolyzed gelatin powder to cold water, you get clumping.
Whole, un-hydrolyzed gelatin powder can only be added to hot water, to get no clumping.

GTW

Proteins are digested aka hydrolyzed in the stomach. The benefit of using hydrolyzed protein\collagen?
Aspics are similar traditional food recipes made from bone, skin, gristle, tendon collagen keratin.

Thanks.
Dinkov and Ray recommend whole gelatin powder, not hydrolyzed gelatin powder. That's all.
Some gelatin powders are hydrolyzed.
I think this recipe is for hydrolyzed gelatin, since only hydrolyzed gelatin can be added to cold water (step 2).
If you add whole, un-hydrolyzed gelatin powder to cold water, you get clumping.
Whole, un-hydrolyzed gelatin powder can only be added to hot water, to get no clumping.
You seem to be having difficulty with a very simple concept, so just go to 5:50 and see for yourself
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPar_744dY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals