Manufactured citric acid is a powerful inflammatory/allergy agent

Dr. B

Good to know, thanks. So, what brands of cheese are safe though? It seems all of the ones sold in stores list one of these on the label.
there are some cheeses that are safe. Some mozzarella uses vinegar only. Other than that you have to go for the higher end cheese at Whole Foods if you can afford to. Some supermarkets have a second cheese second near the produce department where they sell "gourmet" cheese, for instance parmegiano reggiano, and these often are made with real animal rennet (but not always).

I contacted Kerrygold because their label said "rennet" but they responded that all their products are made with fake enzymes now.

But even Boars Head has some cheese they sell that is made with "animal rennet."

btw i think pregnenolone is made from diosgenin/wild yam nowadays? not sure of before. vitamin C switched from citrus fruit extraction to the mold/fungus forms used today.
i dont have links, but remember reading almost all malic acid on market is a synthetic toxic form, from mold or something. this is why "citrulline malate" supplements cause side effects...
I remember I would try citrulline malate for bodybuilding purposes, and it would swell up my face, even my airways would have this odd feeling of like expanding or swelling..
i made excuses like oh it must be allergies coming in but after the second or third time trying the citrulline it was obvious it somehow swells the face up and causes some kind of allergy type effect...
if you search malic acid side effects online, you just get total nonsense, like every article says its an organic acid, has no side effects besides stomach upset for small amount of people.
if you look at these things on supplement forums, the excuse is "oh the molecule is the same, so it shouldnt matter if the source is fruit or mold or something synthetic"
btw @haidut i think taurine side effects could also be relevant and its th same thing, it used to be extracted from bull testicle, now its almost always synthetic. TUDCA supplements used to be from bear bile (wonder what else was done since you rarely hear of bear being sourced for food or supps) now theyre synthetic usually
the vegetarian/vegan trend also encourages these companies to do things like switch their sourcing from safer animal sources, to vegetarian and often toxic sources, like gelatin capsules to cellulose capsules

pecorino romano usually has animal rennet, but the taste is very strong, i cant eat it unless its on a pasta or potato or something...

Jam

btw i think pregnenolone is made from diosgenin/wild yam nowadays? not sure of before. vitamin C switched from citrus fruit extraction to the mold/fungus forms used today.
i dont have links, but remember reading almost all malic acid on market is a synthetic toxic form, from mold or something. this is why "citrulline malate" supplements cause side effects...
I remember I would try citrulline malate for bodybuilding purposes, and it would swell up my face, even my airways would have this odd feeling of like expanding or swelling..
i made excuses like oh it must be allergies coming in but after the second or third time trying the citrulline it was obvious it somehow swells the face up and causes some kind of allergy type effect...
if you search malic acid side effects online, you just get total nonsense, like every article says its an organic acid, has no side effects besides stomach upset for small amount of people.
if you look at these things on supplement forums, the excuse is "oh the molecule is the same, so it shouldnt matter if the source is fruit or mold or something synthetic"
btw @haidut i think taurine side effects could also be relevant and its th same thing, it used to be extracted from bull testicle, now its almost always synthetic. TUDCA supplements used to be from bear bile (wonder what else was done since you rarely hear of bear being sourced for food or supps) now theyre synthetic usually
the vegetarian/vegan trend also encourages these companies to do things like switch their sourcing from safer animal sources, to vegetarian and often toxic sources, like gelatin capsules to cellulose capsules

pecorino romano usually has animal rennet, but the taste is very strong, i cant eat it unless its on a pasta or potato or something...
All genuine traditional Italian cheeses (and French too) covered by protected designations of origin (PDO) all use animal rennet. The ones that don't, such as Ricotta, don't use any coagulants at all as they are fresh cheeses.

Real pecorino romano must use animal rennet by law.

All genuine traditional Italian cheeses (and French too) covered by protected designations of origin (PDO) all use animal rennet. The ones that don't, such as Ricotta, don't use any coagulants at all as they are fresh cheeses.

thank you.

Kykeon

Good to know, thanks. So, what brands of cheese are safe though? It seems all of the ones sold in stores list one of these on the label.
swiss cheeses are mostly with animal rennet, atleast in germany. also more tasty but also more pricey

Dr. B

which other cheeses are available? pecorino romano, and id imagine also parmigiano reggiano, they both taste very strong, its tough to eat them as a good protein source. how are you guys eating them?

btw, many of the parmiggiano reggianos, though they use animal rennet, i often see silica listed in the ingredients, whereas pecorino romanos ive seen, contain no silica, just animal rennet, maybe salt.
i think ricotta cheeses ive seen contain vinegar usually, mate!

Are there any safe ascorbic acid supplements out there?

"Quali C" claims to be made in switzerland or sweden or somewhere, claims its the same process since 1960s or something... i think it still is corn sourced though, who knows, they say "same process" might be same process, source could still be changed to the mold source. actually a bunch of supplements these days just arent made the same, including taurine. its "chemical synthesis" who knows what that means, that's a broad unregulated term, taurine used to be extracted from bull semen or testicles, might sound gross to eat but it's safer than a lab made or mold extracted taurine. vitamin d3 is probably so safe these days because it's often made from sheeps cholesterol or lanolin. its like the last and maybe only animal sourced supplement these days. TUDCA used to be from bear bile, or animal bile, and is also chemically made now.

Dr. B

there are some cheeses that are safe. Some mozzarella uses vinegar only. Other than that you have to go for the higher end cheese at Whole Foods if you can afford to. Some supermarkets have a second cheese second near the produce department where they sell "gourmet" cheese, for instance parmegiano reggiano, and these often are made with real animal rennet (but not always).

I contacted Kerrygold because their label said "rennet" but they responded that all their products are made with fake enzymes now.

But even Boars Head has some cheese they sell that is made with "animal rennet."
mate this is interesting,
so this whole discussion of animal vs vegetable rennet, may not be relevant in some cases.
i believe, both ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, and cottage cheeses, those are the wet refrigerated cheeses, those ones i think just list vinegar in the ingredients many times, just salt and vinegar.

do you think cheese in general is a risk since it's histamine promoting, since its an aged product

do you think pizzas are safe, what cheese is usually used for pizzas, do you think its made with either animal rennet or vinegar...

mate this is interesting,
so this whole discussion of animal vs vegetable rennet, may not be relevant in some cases.
i believe, both ricotta cheese, mascarpone cheese, and cottage cheeses, those are the wet refrigerated cheeses, those ones i think just list vinegar in the ingredients many times, just salt and vinegar.

do you think cheese in general is a risk since it's histamine promoting, since its an aged product

do you think pizzas are safe, what cheese is usually used for pizzas, do you think its made with either animal rennet or vinegar...

I can eat enzyme cheese now and then but not every day. If I eat it every day i get symptoms …but occasionally seems okay.

Vileplume

Trader Joe's sells this Parmigiano Reggiano - the only ingredients are the dairy, salt, and animal rennet and no enzymes ... took me a while to find this gem in a store - gives me a great boost in temps
Costco has a good one too with the same simple ingredient list, just make sure to get the whole block, not the pre-shredded kind.

Vileplume

I react terribly to citric acid, which is in most canned products and even added to frozen peaches, for example. It gives me the worst bloat and the feeling of my digestion freezing up.

Dr. B

I react terribly to citric acid, which is in most canned products and even added to frozen peaches, for example. It gives me the worst bloat and the feeling of my digestion freezing up.
malic acid is similar although both have a laxative, diarrhea type effect, like intestinal irritants for me...
Costco has a good one too with the same simple ingredient list, just make sure to get the whole block, not the pre-shredded kind.
mate, how are people eating these cheeses?
like parmiggiano reggano, pecorino romano, these are more like spices than cheese, its tough to eat it the way you can like a slice of cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, american cheese, mozerella cheese...

are there any good quality american cheeses? every one ive seen has horrible ingredients. usually vegetable enzymes, and citric acid.

I can eat enzyme cheese now and then but not every day. If I eat it every day i get symptoms …but occasionally seems okay.

have you found any american cheeses with good ingredients, no citric acid or enzymes?
you know of any other cheeses which use vinegar or salt, besides mozzerella/ricotta/mascarpone/cottage

Vileplume

malic acid is similar although both have a laxative, diarrhea type effect, like intestinal irritants for me...

mate, how are people eating these cheeses?
like parmiggiano reggano, pecorino romano, these are more like spices than cheese, its tough to eat it the way you can like a slice of cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, american cheese, mozerella cheese...

are there any good quality american cheeses? every one ive seen has horrible ingredients. usually vegetable enzymes, and citric acid.
You’re right that parimiggiano and pecorino are super salty, and you can’t eat them all the time or they become kind of overpowering. But in the US you can find other good cheeses, you just have to look for the nicer, milder, smaller-batch cheeses. Small batch gouda and manchego can be great.

For example, Costco has a manchego from Spain with just the basic ingredients, nothing bad. Same with some Trader Joe’s Gouda. Costco and Trader Joe’s have good stuff, and some grocery stores carry higher quality small batch stuff, like the types mentioned above.

Dr. B

You’re right that parimiggiano and pecorino are super salty, and you can’t eat them all the time or they become kind of overpowering. But in the US you can find other good cheeses, you just have to look for the nicer, milder, smaller-batch cheeses. Small batch gouda and manchego can be great.

For example, Costco has a manchego from Spain with just the basic ingredients, nothing bad. Same with some Trader Joe’s Gouda. Costco and Trader Joe’s have good stuff, and some grocery stores carry higher quality small batch stuff, like the types mentioned above.
do you know what pizzas are using? what kind of cheese and if it has enzymes? like dominos, or any of the other pizzas you see most places.
ive become more wary of cheeses in the last 4+ months or so, since reading about the citric acid issue but especially the enzymes, Peat said the vegetable enzymes in cheese are even more inflammatory than the citric acid... although both those things are sourced from mold these days.

someone I know said they get an allergy shot which injects pollen, dust, mold, and other crap in him. what is that? so mold is a big risk when inhaled or eaten, but somehow people are apparently injecting literal mold as part of some allergy regimen from their doctors?

do you like havarti cheese?

Jam

which other cheeses are available? pecorino romano, and id imagine also parmigiano reggiano, they both taste very strong, its tough to eat them as a good protein source. how are you guys eating them?

btw, many of the parmiggiano reggianos, though they use animal rennet, i often see silica listed in the ingredients, whereas pecorino romanos ive seen, contain no silica, just animal rennet, maybe salt.
i think ricotta cheeses ive seen contain vinegar usually, mate!

"Quali C" claims to be made in switzerland or sweden or somewhere, claims its the same process since 1960s or something... i think it still is corn sourced though, who knows, they say "same process" might be same process, source could still be changed to the mold source. actually a bunch of supplements these days just arent made the same, including taurine. its "chemical synthesis" who knows what that means, that's a broad unregulated term, taurine used to be extracted from bull semen or testicles, might sound gross to eat but it's safer than a lab made or mold extracted taurine. vitamin d3 is probably so safe these days because it's often made from sheeps cholesterol or lanolin. its like the last and maybe only animal sourced supplement these days. TUDCA used to be from bear bile, or animal bile, and is also chemically made now.
By law genuine Parmigiano Reggiano must contain no additives. I eat both Parmigiano and Pecorino plain, or dunked in honey, or covered with bitter orange marmalade.

Dr. B

By law genuine Parmigiano Reggiano must contain no additives. I eat both Parmigiano and Pecorino plain, or dunked in honey, or covered with bitter orange marmalade.
is this national US law? so the parmigiano reggianos with added cellulose are not genuine? they are from italy iirc.
some of them say ingredients like raw cows milk, animal rennet salt, cellulose (anti caking agent)

Jam

is this national US law? so the parmigiano reggianos with added cellulose are not genuine? they are from italy iirc.
some of them say ingredients like raw cows milk, animal rennet salt, cellulose (anti caking agent)
Italian law. They are forgeries.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
Well now I know why I have had a chronic cough for 10 years, worsening every time I take a drink of a beverage containing citric acid. I already KNEW I was allergic to Aspergillus as allergy testing over the years has always included specific mold allergies. But of course I had no idea citric acid was MADE with aspergillus. More recently, in the last 3-4 years I have developed digestive difficulties and joint pains. Adding insult to injury, I guess.

Good grief, what else do I have to avoid in order to simply feel normal?

Peater

Oh man this ***t (Citric acid) is in everything. I'll have to just try and minimise exposure or something, I'd end up doing nothing but stressing about finding "safe" foods to eat otherwise. I already avoid gluten and PUFAs of course...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals