Matt Blackburn going keto and "ditching ray peat"

yerrag

Georgi posted a study showing that only 4% of people who are "pre diabetic" ever become "diabetic." It's a scam.

No study needed really is needed.

The metric HbA1c is downright useless and misleading.

When it comes to the stability of blood sugar over time, which really involves having more than just one data point, the oversimplication in the use of one data point, much less one that doesn't represent or serve as a useful proxy for blood sugar, only leads to people being guided by blind men donning white lab gowns to the lemming cliff.

yerrag

Can't delete this quote. So posting nothing

yerrag

I’m not familiar with this guy, but he writes on a recent Instagram post “Installing a continuous glucose monitor on my arm was one of the best decisions I ever made to take back control of my health. You aren’t trying to erase spikes, but they’re not supposed to be super high like mine were - over 30 mg/dl.”

Does a post meal spike of over 30 even matter if you’re under 180? I’ve never seen anywhere saying it mattered.

There is this idea that having what is called a spike even after a meal, where blood sugar temporarily rises 50 points ( in my case from 90 to 140, is pathological.

Nothing could be further from the truth when people like me, with healthy blood sugar regulation (as a result of good sugar metabolism) regularly experience that "spike" after a regular meal (not the kind of meal that is lo carb intentionally, or low calorie that people who graze eat). And I mean a meal in the traditional sense, where you eat 3 square meals a day only- breakfast, lunch, dinner. And not have to do high-falutin' faddish lifestyles of intermittent fasting.

That "spike" is normal, and if you're not watching it like a hawk just because you have a cgm device, a healthy person with optimal sugar metabolism will not even feel any adrenaline rush, nor get sleepy after that meal, nor feel the follow-on effects of hypoglycemia. Because the body can quickly absorb and metabolize that "spike" and turn that into energy, and after that, as the blood sugar goes down, the body will put the brakes on keeping the blood sugar from falling further into hypoglycemic territory, somewhere below 65.

That's because the liver can convert glycogen stores to blood sugar, and in doing so, the blood sugar can be kept from experiencing swings, and that is why people like me have stable blood sugar and do not require more meals in between the 3 meals in a day.

Matt Blackburn does not understand this, and he is only known to people who can't understand how the body regulates blood sugar. There are many lost tribes, and many false prophets such as Matt.

mamakitty

There is this idea that having what is called a spike even after a meal, where blood sugar temporarily rises 50 points ( in my case from 90 to 140, is pathological.

Nothing could be further from the truth when people like me, with healthy blood sugar regulation (as a result of good sugar metabolism) regularly experience that "spike" after a regular meal (not the kind of meal that is lo carb intentionally, or low calorie that people who graze eat). And I mean a meal in the traditional sense, where you eat 3 square meals a day only- breakfast, lunch, dinner. And not have to do high-falutin' faddish lifestyles of intermittent fasting.

That "spike" is normal, and if you're not watching it like a hawk just because you have a cgm device, a healthy person with optimal sugar metabolism will not even feel any adrenaline rush, nor get sleepy after that meal, nor feel the follow-on effects of hypoglycemia. Because the body can quickly absorb and metabolize that "spike" and turn that into energy, and after that, as the blood sugar goes down, the body will put the brakes on keeping the blood sugar from falling further into hypoglycemic territory, somewhere below 65.

That's because the liver can convert glycogen stores to blood sugar, and in doing so, the blood sugar can be kept from experiencing swings, and that is why people like me have stable blood sugar and do not require more meals in between the 3 meals in a day.

Matt Blackburn does not understand this, and he is only known to people who can't understand how the body regulates blood sugar. There are many lost tribes, and many false prophets such as Matt.
+1

Mitchell777

I don't know why anyone pays attention to that guy, he has nothing unique to offer. You'd be better off just spending your time on this forum.

Everything he has said and done has been covered a billion times by other people and in a much better and thorough way.

He just has a way of marketing it that makes people feel like they are in some secret club.

He's just a hype boy who needs $
You actually couldn’t have described Matt any better. Plus I don’t know if you have noticed, but even the way her writes his posts… they are so… conflicting / somewhat hostile…If you know what I mean? He comes across incredibly arrogant and as if he’s somewhat superior when in actual fact he’s no where near as “intelligent” (however you chose to quantify that) as he thinks he is.

exile

Thanks for this

InChristAlone

Oh man why would anyone follow him! He was once recommending large amounts of liver because he was following Morley. I'm not surprised he's not doing so well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals