Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

Peater

People are using folinic acid in the low toxin groups. It has to be folinic acid though and apparently "they" just made it so you can only get it via prescription.
Oh that's good to know. I got some from a company called California Gold. It was hard to find as a liquid (I prefer to avoid fillers),

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Dear Mike,

Mike you should perhaps have taken the time to perceive and think on Grant's ideas, his evidence, his experiments before acting, even if you have acknowledged you have not read Grant's work.

Otherwise your video just sounds tribal rather than scientific, no matter how much you stress what is common sense scientific method to most people.

Grant is alive after 10 years of virtually no vitamin A, has healthy blood work, healthy testosterone, TSH, cholesterol etc, almost ZERO vit A, and feels better than he has done in decades.

In his surveys, the majority of people rate their individual approach to his diet from no better or worse to 10/10 improvement for a variety of conditions. And we don't know how long people had been doing it for, so this may improve.

Many of your assumptions are wrong also, too many to list.

This is the key point that needs addressing which you did not even acknowledge:

Ray Peat's ideas claim Grant should not have steroid hormones, yet Grant clearly does.
The Scientific establishment, which all of a sudden we agree with when it's in our favor, claims he should be blind, not have skin, not heal from wounds, have frequent chest infections, have acne etc etc.

Dismissing anecdotes as weak evidence is very pro establishment...

Nevermind the mechanisms of how 'vit a' is essential, of how or what Ray Peat ( rip) said. If the experimental results we are observing are not lies, then those theories are wrong. If everyone knows there are no black swans yet we see a black swan, then there are black swans. One hundred reasons or voices claiming there are no black swans are wrong.

Until you want to directly address Grant's self experiments and his gerbils experiments, you are wasting your time on things incidental, irrelevant, unimportant, and cementing yourself a position without due perceiving or thinking. You have jumped straight to acting.

valzim

Ray Peat got it wrong, if he would have focused on the liver and its accumulation effects he would have figured out the liver is what causes hypothyroidism. The liver controls the thyroid. Ray Peats diet recommendations cause hypothyroidism, it is no wonder he had to supplement thyroid to try and outrun his poison diet.
Exactly Charlie. I just posted this in the comments on mike's Youtube video.

@valzim35

0 seconds ago
Mike says a few times, maybe meat, beans, and rice can cure this and cure that, but it's not the vitamin A. Sounds like a good diet to me. But Mike also admits to really not studying Grant's work and I'm sure has not looked into the early Vit A studies. Search Wolbach and Howe from 1925 PubMed. They fed rats what they thought was a low Vit A diet. The rats were destroyed in weeks. Turns out it was an extremely high 13 cis retinoic acid diet. The exact same molecule that is Accutane. They thought Vit A deficiency destroyed those rats. Nope it was the retinoic acid. As Accutane, retinoic acid is used to destroy skin epithelial cells. This stimulates the stem cells to produce new skin cells. Short term, the skin will look thicker and more youthful. Long term it's a disaster. What Mike is missing is that of the vit A ingested, some WILL convert into retinoic acid in the body. This is not a controversial statement as scientist say retinoic acid is the active form. This retinoic acid will attack epithelial cells throughout the body. We just need to put it together. It is absurd that Ray Peat had to take thyroid hormone for years, really decades. Taking thyroid hormone until death was his big contribution? Ridiculous. Epithelial cells are the major type of cells in the thyroid, as well as many other organs. Can you see the connection? High Vit A foods like milk, orange juice, liver, etc. can cause serious damage. Vitamin A is destroying the thyroid. It's why many Ray Peat followers have to use thyroid hormone. I hope everyone here reads Grant's works. There is no way that Vitamin A is a vitamin. There are a few people now whose blood Vit A are essentially zero, 99% below deficient. Grant has been on beans, meat, rice, for 9 years. The fact that they are doing great and not taking thyroid hormone or Greorgi's latest concoction, should tell you to seriously rethink your stance on Vitamin A.

Last edited:

valzim

Dear Mike,

Mike you should perhaps have taken the time to perceive and think on Grant's ideas, his evidence, his experiments before acting, even if you have acknowledged you have not read Grant's work.

Otherwise your video just sounds tribal rather than scientific, no matter how much you stress what is common sense scientific method to most people.

Grant is alive after 10 years of virtually no vitamin A, has healthy blood work, healthy testosterone, TSH, cholesterol etc, almost ZERO vit A, and feels better than he has done in decades.

In his surveys, the majority of people rate their individual approach to his diet from no better or worse to 10/10 improvement for a variety of conditions. And we don't know how long people had been doing it for, so this may improve.

Many of your assumptions are wrong also, too many to list.

This is the key point that needs addressing which you did not even acknowledge:

Ray Peat's ideas claim Grant should not have steroid hormones, yet Grant clearly does.
The Scientific establishment, which all of a sudden we agree with when it's in our favor, claims he should be blind, not have skin, not heal from wounds, have frequent chest infections, have acne etc etc.

Dismissing anecdotes as weak evidence is very pro establishment...

Nevermind the mechanisms of how 'vit a' is essential, of how or what Ray Peat ( rip) said. If the experimental results we are observing are not lies, then those theories are wrong. If everyone knows there are no black swans yet we see a black swan, then there are black swans. One hundred reasons or voices claiming there are no black swans are wrong.

Until you want to directly address Grant's self experiments and his gerbils experiments, you are wasting your time on things incidental, irrelevant, unimportant, and cementing yourself a position without due perceiving or thinking. You have jumped straight to acting.
All great points Dan.
The fact that we have many people now running around pretty much zero Vitamin A shows that everything written about Vitamin A is completely wrong.

Peater

@valzim35

0 seconds ago
Mike says a few times, maybe meat, beans, and rice can cure this and cure that, but it's not the vitamin A. Sounds like a good diet to me. But Mike also admits to really not studying Grant's work and I'm sure has not looked into the early Vit A studies. Search Wolbach and Howe from 1925 PubMed. They fed rats what they thought was a low Vit A diet. The rats were destroyed in weeks. Turns out it was an extremely high 13 cis retinoic acid diet. The exact same molecule that is Accutane. They thought Vit A deficiency destroyed those rats. Nope it was the retinoic acid. As Accutane, retinoic acid is used to destroy skin epithelial cells. This stimulates the stem cells to produce new skin cells. Short term, the skin will look thicker and more youthful. Long term it's a disaster. What Mike is missing is that of the vit A ingested, some WILL convert into retinoic acid in the body. This is not a controversial statement as scientist say retinoic acid is the active form. This retinoic acid will attack epithelial cells throughout the body. We just need to put it together. It is absurd that Ray Peat had to take thyroid hormone for years, really decades. Taking thyroid hormone until death was his big contribution? Ridiculous. Epithelial cells are the major type of cells in the thyroid, as well as many other organs. Can you see the connection? High Vit A foods like milk, orange juice, liver, etc. can cause serious damage. Vitamin A is destroying the thyroid. It's why many Ray Peat followers have to use thyroid hormone. I hope everyone here reads Grant's works. There is no way that Vitamin A is a vitamin. There are a few people now whose blood Vit A are essentially zero, 99% below deficient. Grant has been on beans, meat, rice, for 9 years. That fact that they are doing great and not taking thyroid hormone or Greorgi's latest concoction, should tell you to seriously rethink your stance on Vitamin A.
A very concise and informative post.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Grant is alive after 10 years of virtually no vitamin A, has healthy blood work, healthy testosterone, TSH, cholesterol etc, almost ZERO vit A, and feels better than he has done in decades
I've read Grant's books and blog. Can you point me to where he posted his testosterone labs?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Can you point me to where he posted his testosterone labs?
Dr. Garrett Smith posted his recently and it was around 900. This is with him running a successful business, running two podcasts every week for years and not missing a day. Running a clinical practice, taking care of his two kids along with his elderly mother and then the stress of saving the world from "vitamin A" pushers like you. God Bless that man.

Many men have reported with test results that they have had incredible testosterone rises and they report along with myself feeling like teenagers again. Something happens for the men around year 2 or 3 and testosterone starts to surge. A true gift from Heaven.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@DanDare welcome to the forum, good to see you brother. :hattip

@valzim35

0 seconds ago
Mike says a few times, maybe meat, beans, and rice can cure this and cure that, but it's not the vitamin A. Sounds like a good diet to me. But Mike also admits to really not studying Grant's work and I'm sure has not looked into the early Vit A studies. Search Wolbach and Howe from 1925 PubMed. They fed rats what they thought was a low Vit A diet. The rats were destroyed in weeks. Turns out it was an extremely high 13 cis retinoic acid diet. The exact same molecule that is Accutane. They thought Vit A deficiency destroyed those rats. Nope it was the retinoic acid. As Accutane, retinoic acid is used to destroy skin epithelial cells. This stimulates the stem cells to produce new skin cells. Short term, the skin will look thicker and more youthful. Long term it's a disaster. What Mike is missing is that of the vit A ingested, some WILL convert into retinoic acid in the body. This is not a controversial statement as scientist say retinoic acid is the active form. This retinoic acid will attack epithelial cells throughout the body. We just need to put it together. It is absurd that Ray Peat had to take thyroid hormone for years, really decades. Taking thyroid hormone until death was his big contribution? Ridiculous. Epithelial cells are the major type of cells in the thyroid, as well as many other organs. Can you see the connection? High Vit A foods like milk, orange juice, liver, etc. can cause serious damage. Vitamin A is destroying the thyroid. It's why many Ray Peat followers have to use thyroid hormone. I hope everyone here reads Grant's works. There is no way that Vitamin A is a vitamin. There are a few people now whose blood Vit A are essentially zero, 99% below deficient. Grant has been on beans, meat, rice, for 9 years. The fact that they are doing great and not taking thyroid hormone or Greorgi's latest concoction, should tell you to seriously rethink your stance on Vitamin A.
Well said.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
All great points Dan.
The fact that we have many people now running around pretty much zero Vitamin A shows that everything written about Vitamin A is completely wrong.
Thankyou, exactly.

With my scientist hat on everything else is noise.

I forgot to mention his blood retinol ( or RBP) was at the lowest level detectable by the test, so it is doubtful but not impossible that his body is still working on stored vit A.

PopSocket

Don't know how they will be able to argue with an army of Zealots running around with 0 vit A in their bodies that seem perfectly fine. Reality trumps all.

Its actually very exciting to watch the change happening.

valzim

It is reported Mike Fave has lost his gallbladder. If true, that already points to "vitamin A" toxicity and cholestasis.
So yes, Mike had his gallbladder removed when he was 17 years old. He talks about it on a video with Hans.
What's crazy is that he obviously was Vitamin A damaged. He went vegetarian eating raw kale smoothies, other veggies, other raw juice, whey protein, lots of dairy.
At minute 26 he talks about spinach, kale, carrot, and ginger raw smoothies. Every day. Holy ***t that's tons of Vitamin A.
Minute 31, he changes to paleo but still pound of spinach, pound of meat, 6-8 eggs, sometimes 12, and butter. More Retinol

I stopped listening at 32 minutes.

Crazy how he cannot put 2 and 2 together. He's also losing his hair which is another vitamin A toxicity symptom.
I hope he finds Grant's work and gets his vitamin A level checked. I think he will come around to no vitamin A.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anfMsJ5I7c

valzim

Don't know how they will be able to argue with an army of Zealots running around with 0 vit A in their bodies that seem perfectly fine. Reality trumps all.

True,
I'll be there but probably another year and half to 2 years.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Yup, I am dialed in and well on my way.
So yes, Mike had his gallbladder removed when he was 17 years old. He talks about it on a video with Hans.
What's crazy is that he obviously was Vitamin A damaged. He went vegetarian eating raw kale smoothies, other veggies, other raw juice, whey protein, lots of dairy.
At minute 26 he talks about spinach, kale, carrot, and ginger raw smoothies. Every day. Holy ***t that's tons of Vitamin A.
Minute 31, he changes to paleo but still pound of spinach, pound of meat, 6-8 eggs, sometimes 12, and butter. More Retinol

I stopped listening at 32 minutes.

Crazy how he cannot put 2 and 2 together. He's also losing his hair which is another vitamin A toxicity symptom.
I hope he finds Grant's work and gets his vitamin A level checked. I think he will come around to no vitamin A.
Wowsers, how can he not see this? He is literally the epitome of "vitamin A" toxicity.

valzim

Yup, I am dialed in and well on my way.

Wowsers, how can he not see this? He is literally the epitome of "vitamin A" toxicity.
He pretty much blames beans, nuts, seeds and brown rice. No blame at all to vegetarian diet or vitamin A.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I was skipping around his video just now and he said how do we know the detox events are not just reactions to beans. Mike, I could not do beans for at least a year into this and I was detoxing like crazy. It was not until recently that I could handle beans all the time. With all due respect, Mike Fave, you are definitely way out of your league on this one and simply do not have a clue. As Ray Peat would say, I have true knowledge regarding this because I have been there done that. You on the other hand....

Gymnastics GIF

Mike

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
As we speak another Ray Peater has their teeth literally crumbling. Another victim of the Ray Peat diet as they poison themselves with "vitamin A" and destroy their bodies all in the name of bioenergetics. And before anyone goes and blames it on the pregnancy, this has happened to hundreds if not thousands of people on the Ray Peat toxic diet including me. Even Ray Peat himself.

holes-teeth-poison-vitamin-A.png

Peater

As we speak another Ray Peater has their teeth literally crumbling. Another victim of the Ray Peat diet as they poison themselves with "vitamin A" and destroy their bodies all in the name of bioenergetics. And before anyone goes and blames it on the pregnancy, this has happened to hundreds if not thousands of people on the Ray Peat toxic diet including me. Even Ray Peat himself.

View attachment 62014
The gumline thing again..

The ridge is still there on my teeth, but this spell of low A certainly hasn't made it any worse. I will provoke it with a paperclip after a few more months and see how it feels. It's totally subjective of course, but the best I can do.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals