Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just want to chime in and say that even though the previous state of the forum had a lot of "critical thinking" and scientific discussions by very smart people and it was all "cutting-edge" knowledge, the previous dogmas had very little result in terms of improving health.
Exactly, the forum became stagnant and toxic. We have gone through our own detox event and things are moving along swimmingly now. The previous dogmas did little for health other then ruin it and keep people chained to things like thyroid and buried under tons of nuances and countless rabbit holes.
Results are a lot more important than looking cool and sophisticated. Let's see where this thing goes in a couple of years.
Amen.

valzim

He said he lost his gallbladder BEFORE getting into Peat's work, he was actually eat close to zero fat, and it has been well established that eating close to zero fat can stagnate bile flow.

This is the only thing that concerns me over this low toxin approach, as I'm not sure what to eat fat wise, Dr Garret Smith even says to avoid coconut oil, butter, I'm not sure what to eat fat wise?
He found Ray Peat after the gallbladder but you must have missed what he said leading up to gallbladder removal. He was vegetarian for a while and juicing like crazy. Juicing Raw kale, spinach, carrots, and ginger. Everyday. All very high vit A foods. But he still ate many animal foods like whey protein, and milk. Again, his entire diet was not very low fat but was ridiculously heavy in vitamin A.
He says the doctor said his gallbladder was very inflamed as well as much of the surrounding intestinal tissue. Clear signs of retinoic acid attacking those areas.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I find it astonishing that people can look at Mike's video and say he doesn't look yellow or orange. He may have just cocked up on the camera settings and not look like this in real life, but to to say he doesn't EVEN look yellow :banghead:

I have a colour calibrated monitor here, he looks orange in it.

Pic for comparison with normal looking skin tones:

1710604345440.png

Korven

I find it astonishing that people can look at Mike's video and say he doesn't look yellow or orange. He may have just cocked up on the camera settings and not look like this in real life, but to to say he doesn't EVEN look yellow :banghead:

I have a colour calibrated monitor here, he looks orange in it.

Pic for comparison with normal looking skin tones:

View attachment 62057

It looks like he has yellow/orange skin colour because of the lighting in that video.

Check out any of his other videos, he is clearly not "yellow" lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFBxSbQ-p8

DanDare

Forum Supporter
It looks like he has yellow/orange skin colour because of the lighting in that video.

Check out any of his other videos, he is clearly not "yellow" lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTFBxSbQ-p8

lol honesly he must have lighting issues in that video too, because his face to a lesser extent still looks yellow, but the HANDS:

*Note your average cheap screen may have issues producing colours correctly, I'm looking at a very good one

1710606016395.png

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Here's an article of poor sweet kid who has a history of liver/kidney failure, who just so happens to also turn orange now if he eats carrots ( they would blame it all on swine flu or some other virus) :

Apple

Here's an article of poor sweet kid who has a history of liver/kidney failure, who just so happens to also turn orange now if he eats carrots ( they would blame it all on swine flu or some other virus) :

hm...first it was PUFA, now we pinpointed carrotene . Go figure

Excessive amounts of carotene are not thought to be a serious health risk, but Leo’s immune system is so weak that even a cold could kill him if he didn’t take daily drops of Vitamin A.

Hans

Forum Supporter
lol honesly he must have lighting issues in that video too, because his face to a lesser extent still looks yellow, but the HANDS:

*Note your average cheap screen may have issues producing colours correctly, I'm looking at a very good one

View attachment 62058
He is Italian and has a darker skin tone. He looks tan, not orange.

PopSocket

It does not look like a tan. It looks orange,yellow in some videos with different parts of the face being different color. Around the nose and mouth it looks yellow while in the periphery it looks darker, more like a tan.

Prior to his response to the low vit A zealots I asked him in the comment section below one of his latest videos whether it is the light that he uses for his videos or its the excess retinol which I think triggered him to do this 1h long rant. If it is the light and the way he films the clips - that's alright and maybe needs to change the setup. Need a video without a studio light to know for sure.

Last edited:

DanDare

Forum Supporter

Are you saying he is not orange, or he is orange, and that is normal for a tanned Italian?

Because there is no denying he is orange in his videos. It is an objective fact that you can verify using image editing software such as Photoshop and a colour picker.

So if you think he isn't orange, I strongly disagree.

Regarding tanned - I have Italian friends and they are NOT this orange when tanned.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you saying he is not orange, or he is orange, and that is normal for a tanned Italian?

Because there is no denying he is orange in his videos. It is an objective fact that you can verify using image editing software such as Photoshop and a colour picker.

Regarding tanned - I have Italian friends and they are NOT this orange when tanned.
Ask him what he eats and ask him to test his beta-carotene levels.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Ask him what he eats and ask him to test his beta-carotene levels.

Indeed however that's not going to change what colour Photoshop says I am looking at. I am not concluding that he is orange due to diet, merely stating the fact he is indeed orange at least in his videos 😂. Perhaps it is the light, the camera, fake tan, makeup, a filter, aliens, who knows. One possibility is he has a very low tolerance for carotenes or is eating many. Another possibility is he has jaundice, but I hope not and wish him well.

OP
H

hgun48

Indeed however that's not going to change what colour Photoshop says I am looking at. I am not concluding that he is orange due to diet, merely stating the fact he is indeed orange at least in his videos 😂. Perhaps it is the light, the camera, fake tan, makeup, a filter, aliens, who knows. One possibility is he has a very low tolerance for carotenes or is eating many. Another possibility is he has jaundice, but I hope not and wish him well.
He eats a high vitamin A diets so therefore you have your answer to the cause.

OP
H

hgun48

I also have many italian friends that are quite white not orange.

OP
H

hgun48

Do you guys think it would be possible to facilitate a debate between Mike and one of the Low Toxin Diet heavy hitters like Grant or @charlie? I don't like that he is able to put stuff out there without getting challenged other than on the Low Toxin Forum. There are going to be a lot of people who are only going to hear his arguments. If it weren't for me getting to hear from @charlie on this platform I never would have had the opportunity to hear about the low diet diet and reap all the benefits.

Jayvee

I'm starting to see it now in his videos and now I' starting to change my mind a bit. Is anyone keeping track of Mike's orangeness? It would be interesting to see how Orange he gets over the next few years and compare it to a color chart for research purposes.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Do you guys think it would be possible to facilitate a debate between Mike and one of the Low Toxin Diet heavy hitters like Grant or @charlie? I don't like that he is able to put stuff out there without getting challenged other than on the Low Toxin Forum. There are going to be a lot of people who are only going to hear his arguments. If it weren't for me getting to hear from @charlie on this platform I never would have had the opportunity to hear about the low diet diet and reap all the benefits.

At the moment I give Mike's ideas on ' vit a' the respect they deserve - i.e none because he has none. If people want to hear his opinion they can just read mainstream advice about vitamin A and read Ray Peat's ideas, which we all know, because that's all he knows. He doesn't raise any scientific arguments and he's repetitive, laborious about simple common sense things which worryingly some people think are groundbreaking.

I hope this changes as he reads more of Grant and experiments.

Last edited:

DanDare

Forum Supporter
There is some weird unshakable sentimental attachment to 100.00% of Ray's recommendions that some people can't shake. Like it's walking on his grave to question anything he said. I'm not just talking about Mike here, he actually seems more open then others...

And this ' there is no ray peat diet ' while consistently recommending everyone and their dogs, cats, chickens, drink orange juice, milk and liver is a joke.

To be fair to Mike he is personally anti milk because it gives him issues, makes him fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals