Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

OP
H

hgun48

I'm not I just don't like people pushing people away from the low toxin mission and I hold those that showed me the way in a very elevated place.
I used to look at Ray in the same way but now I see how much he lead people astray.

BibleBeliever

If you have an hour free spend it reading poisoning for profit.
Thank you for the source for investigating these premises more.

When looking through he cites:

1711073781763.png

Has anyone happen to find access to these studies that he rejects?
As it shows the animals died very quickly with low vitamin a. He rejects the notions citing evolution concepts and then stating about rats thriving during winter on grain without vitamin a.
However it is noted that livers of animals can store an extraordinary amount of vitamin a, thus providing whatever would be necessary.

I would like to investigate the studies which he rejects to see the variables if anyone has come across them.

PeterSN

I'm not I just don't like people pushing people away from the low toxin mission and I hold those that showed me the way in a very elevated place.
Yeah I had the same position with Ray a couple of years ago when he saved me from the carnivore cult, but I for one second never stopped questioning him, to this day, that's why I'm so accepting of the low toxin movement, as Retinol and retinoic acid is highly unsaturated, so it makes sense that its deadly, especially an overdose. But that doesn't really support your perspective of not questioning certain people

Jabuger

I think there are certain figures of authority that you shouldn't question. People like Mike that aren't authorities on this subject you should question all you want.
Quite literally the appeal to authority fallacy…

Someone isn’t right because they have authority on the subject. They can still be wrong and if they know enough then they should be able to respond to stupid questions.

you don’t believe everything your doctor tells you to do even though they may be the “authority” they can still be wrong and their ideas should be challenged.

valzim

I don't know, him blocking Mike Fave on twitter has left a bad taste in my mouth. I really hate people who block others solely because they are questioning their beliefs, it's dogma at its finest.

Also how do we know that all the benefits are because we are reducing lactose, fructose, and fat, all of which can easily contribute to endotoxin production in a lot of people.

I haven't heard Dr Garret Smith mention endotoxin even once and what's more suspicious is he says coconut oil is a big no, as well as giving dried figs a pass because they 'help people go to the toilet more'

It's very clear in the research that high amounts of saturated fat can translocate endotoxin into the blood stream.

The fact that people are overlooking this is insane and very dogmatic to me.
Mike Fave is a troll. If he had a serious question for Dr. Smith, why the fack does he have "the real Nutrition Detective" on his twitter profile? He starts off the question with, Thanks for enlightening us "Detective". Does anyone think the questions that follow were to be taken seriously. I would have blocked this child as well.
He asks about utilization. Seems he has no idea that the no Vit A people are saying it has no utilization.
For some reason, Mike is on this crusade against the low vitamin A people but he has admitted to not really doing the research on what the low VA people are talking about. I don't think he has read any of Grant's work but he's picking a fight. Dr. Smith just doesn't have time for these trolls. He is and has helped thousands. He's got over 22,000 followers. That's a lot of people finding his work valuable.

Mike is not 30 years old yet and his pretty freaking bald. That is not a sign of health. The "bio-energetic" diet is not helping him. No diet where one of the main ingredients is thyroid medication is worth a ***t. The ironic thing is that a low vitamin A diet might grow some of his hair back. And maybe put on a little muscle. He looks skinny as well. Anyway, just my 2 cents on that kid.

Attachments

• Mike Fave.png
    Mike Fave.png
    746 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the source for investigating these premises more.

When looking through he cites:

View attachment 62134

Has anyone happen to find access to these studies that he rejects?
As it shows the animals died very quickly with low vitamin a. He rejects the notions citing evolution concepts and then stating about rats thriving during winter on grain without vitamin a.
However it is noted that livers of animals can store an extraordinary amount of vitamin a, thus providing whatever would be necessary.

I would like to investigate the studies which he rejects to see the variables if anyone has come across them.

Even better, he did his own gerbil study and they were in good health. Not hard to do either.
He has also been extremely low vit A diet for 10 years and is in great health. Had serum retinol of 0.1, lowest possible detectable level with the test.

PeterSN

Someone isn’t right because they have authority on the subject. They can still be wrong and if they know enough then they should be able to respond to stupid questions.

you don’t believe everything your doctor tells you to do even though they may be the “authority” they can still be wrong and their ideas should be challenged.
exactly couldnt be more well put

OP
H

hgun48

Mike Fave is a troll. If he had a serious question for Dr. Smith, why the fack does he have "the real Nutrition Detective" on his twitter profile? He starts off the question with, Thanks for enlightening us "Detective". Does anyone think the questions that follow were to be taken seriously. I would have blocked this child as well.
He asks about utilization. Seems he has no idea that the no Vit A people are saying it has no utilization.
For some reason, Mike is on this crusade against the low vitamin A people but he has admitted to not really doing the research on what the low VA people are talking about. I don't think he has read any of Grant's work but he's picking a fight. Dr. Smith just doesn't have time for these trolls. He is and has helped thousands. He's got over 22,000 followers. That's a lot of people finding his work valuable.

Mike is not 30 years old yet and his pretty freaking bald. That is not a sign of health. The "bio-energetic" diet is not helping him. No diet where one of the main ingredients is thyroid medication is worth a ***t. The ironic thing is that a low vitamin A diet might grow some of his hair back. And maybe put on a little muscle. He looks skinny as well. Anyway, just my 2 cents on that kid.
I agree that Mike is the picture of bad health as already discussed in relation to his yellow/orange skin. He definitely has high toxin driven baldness where I think Dr. Smith's baldness is more likely from him having really high androgens due to Toxin depletion. I don't mind if my hair recedes a bit if it means I'm depleting myself of toxin and my androgens are skyrocketing.

OP
H

hgun48

Yeah but my Doctor doesn't understand things at the same level as Dr. Garrett Smith. He has become an authority to look to due to his in depth knowledge on the subject. I feel the same way about Charlie. I'm happy if they block or ban people that get in the way of spreading their message as I have faith in their wisdom and deep knowledge base.

Jabuger

I'm happy if they block or ban people that get in the way of spreading their message as I have faith in their wisdom and deep knowledge base.

Now this is the definition of Tyranny. Sounds like a religious crusade.
Think for yourself my friend and do your own research.

People may appear to have in depth knowledge but how would we know if their ideas never get challenged?

For example they (Dr Smith) should be able to refute arguments with ease if their knowledge is so vast, instead he resorts to blocking people who challenge his beliefs so I guess we will never truly know how deep his knowledge goes. I’m not saying he’s wrong or right just that he makes it very difficult to know whether he is since he avoids debate at all costs.

PeterSN

I agree that Mike is the picture of bad health as already discussed in relation to his yellow/orange skin. He definitely has high toxin driven baldness where I think Dr. Smith's baldness is more likely from him having really high androgens due to Toxin depletion. I don't mind if my hair recedes a bit if it means I'm depleting myself of toxin and my androgens are skyrocketing.
I mean it's been shown in the literature that men who have AGA baldness have much worse liver profiles, shbg, high DHEAs, higher LH, all of which improve on a diet that heals the liver

DanDare

Forum Supporter

He has likely been that bald for a long time before he quit vitamin A, infact he used to follow the Ray Peat diet

FitnessMike

he looks healthy, a bunch of odd speculations here

PopSocket

+1 on this.

Did not know he is sub 30yo. Looks my age at least (36) and I look 5 years younger than him. I am sure many other in this forum too look younger.

He is arrogant which is the problem. But we must remember many people built businesses around Dr. Peat ideas and now that it turns out there is "something else after Peat" , they feel the heat. Not only on changing their views but also admitting to their clients they've been wrong and probably causing a lot of harm in the process.

It will be a slow process for them BUT they need to understand that the quicker they admit and accept the new piece of the puzzle - the more they will be able to save face. Acting like a little jerk ain't the way to move forward.

OP
H

hgun48

Now this is the definition of Tyranny. Sounds like a religious crusade.
Think for yourself my friend and do your own research.

People may appear to have in depth knowledge but how would we know if their ideas never get challenged?

For example they (Dr Smith) should be able to refute arguments with ease if their knowledge is so vast, instead he resorts to blocking people who challenge his beliefs so I guess we will never truly know how deep his knowledge goes. I’m not saying he’s wrong or right just that he makes it very difficult to know whether he is since he avoids debate at all costs.
I do feel like I am participating in the crusade against vitamin A and other toxins and I am proud of it!

OP
H

hgun48

I mean it's been shown in the literature that men who have AGA baldness have much worse liver profiles, shbg, high DHEAs, higher LH, all of which improve on a diet that heals the liver
As far as I am aware there hasn't been research on being low vitamin A and bald. I'd imagine there are more benefits to that profile.

FitnessMike

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals