Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

OP
H

hgun48

Well Mike Fave is mocking Garrett in his twitter biography: "PUFA Maxxi | Estrogen Evangelist | Serotonin for Happiness | Anti-Vitamin A Crusader | DHA Snorter | The Real Nutrition Detective"

Also the preview is cropped so you can't see it but in the beginning of that "tweet", he addressed Garrett thusly: "Thanks for enlightening us "Detective"". That's why Garrett responded by putting "Mike Fave" in quotation marks.
It was ridiculous of Mike to question Dr. Garrett Smith's authority on the subject.

PeterSN

I don't think you understand Vitamin A detoxing and the process Dr. Garrett has undergone.
I don't know, him blocking Mike Fave on twitter has left a bad taste in my mouth. I really hate people who block others solely because they are questioning their beliefs, it's dogma at its finest.

Also how do we know that all the benefits are because we are reducing lactose, fructose, and fat, all of which can easily contribute to endotoxin production in a lot of people.

I haven't heard Dr Garret Smith mention endotoxin even once and what's more suspicious is he says coconut oil is a big no, as well as giving dried figs a pass because they 'help people go to the toilet more'

It's very clear in the research that high amounts of saturated fat can translocate endotoxin into the blood stream.

The fact that people are overlooking this is insane and very dogmatic to me.

Nick

It was ridiculous of Mike to question Dr. Garrett Smith's authority on the subject.
Not really, I was just pointing out that he sounded like a jerk mocking Garrett while pretending to ask a real question. Maybe that's how people talk on twitter but I don't care for it and I can see why Garrett wouldn't either. But then I find the vast majority of what people do on the internet to be distasteful.
I haven't heard Dr Garret Smith mention endotoxin even once and what's more suspicious is he says coconut oil is a big no, as well as giving dried figs a pass because they 'help people go to the toilet more'
He's mentioned endotoxin a number of times on his livestreams. I think his position is that leakiness of the intestinal membrane is the reason too much endotoxin can get into the blood.

PeterSN

Not really, I was just pointing out that he sounded like a jerk mocking Garrett while pretending to ask a real question. Maybe that's how people talk on twitter but I don't care for it and I can see why Garrett wouldn't either. But then I find the vast majority of what people do on the internet to be distasteful.

He's mentioned endotoxin a number of times on his livestreams. I think his position is that leakiness of the intestinal membrane is the reason too much endotoxin can get into the blood.
Could you possibly link me those livestreams please, I've just seen a couple of his and also interviews too, specifically on digestion, sibo and leaky gut and he didn't mention endotoxin once.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Also his lamp looks quite pale for what it should actually look like, leading me to believe that he has set the white balance to be as neutral as possible
Dr. Smith can barely turn on his computer, he is not technically gifted. You can see this if you have watched his live streams, he is just not good with computers. I doubt he has touched the white balance on his camera.
Could you possibly link me those livestreams please, I've just seen a couple of his and also interviews too, specifically on digestion, sibo and leaky gut and he didn't mention endotoxin once.
I asked Perplexity AI what Dr. Smith said about endotoxin during his live streams, this was the reply:
Dr. Garrett Smith discusses the concept of endotoxin in relation to liver health, emphasizing its detrimental effects and the importance of managing its levels to maintain overall well-being. He explains that endotoxins, also known as lipopolysaccharides (LPS), are components of the outer membrane of certain bacteria. When these bacteria die, endotoxins are released, which can trigger inflammatory responses in the body. This is particularly concerning when it comes to liver health, as the liver plays a crucial role in detoxifying substances, including endotoxins, from the blood.

Smith highlights that an overload of endotoxins can lead to a condition known as endotoxemia, where high levels of endotoxins circulate in the bloodstream. This condition can stress the liver, as it works to filter out these toxins, and can contribute to liver inflammation and damage over time. He points out that endotoxemia is associated with various liver diseases, including non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and cirrhosis, underscoring the importance of managing endotoxin levels to protect liver health.

Furthermore, Smith discusses the gut-liver axis, explaining how gut health directly impacts liver function. He notes that a healthy gut barrier prevents the excessive passage of endotoxins from the gut into the bloodstream. However, conditions like leaky gut syndrome can compromise this barrier, allowing more endotoxins to enter the bloodstream and reach the liver, exacerbating liver stress and inflammation. Therefore, maintaining gut health is crucial for reducing endotoxin levels and supporting liver function.

In summary, Dr. Garrett Smith emphasizes the harmful effects of endotoxins on liver health and the importance of managing endotoxin levels through maintaining a healthy gut barrier and supporting liver detoxification processes. He advocates for a holistic approach to health that addresses gut health as a means to protect the liver from the damaging effects of endotoxins.

OP
H

hgun48

I don't know, him blocking Mike Fave on twitter has left a bad taste in my mouth. I really hate people who block others solely because they are questioning their beliefs, it's dogma at its finest.

Also how do we know that all the benefits are because we are reducing lactose, fructose, and fat, all of which can easily contribute to endotoxin production in a lot of people.

It's very clear in the research that high amounts of saturated fat can translocate endotoxin into the blood stream.

The fact that people are overlooking this is insane and very dogmatic to me.
I think if you have a really low level of understanding of a subject and you are unproductively questioning someone of a much higher knowledge base removing that person from the discussion is often the right thing to do.

OP
H

hgun48

Dr. Smith can barely turn on his computer, he is not technically gifted. You can see this if you have watched his live streams, he is just not good with computers. I doubt he has touched the white balance on his camera.

I asked Perplexity AI what Dr. Smith said about endotoxin during his live streams, this was the reply:
Great point! Shows that he is able to achieve the low toxin look without faking it.

PeterSN

I think if you have a really low level of understanding of a subject and you are unproductively questioning someone of a much higher knowledge base removing that person from the discussion is often the right thing to do.
Couldn't disagree more and I find it unbelievable that you even entertain that world view.

In my own experience the only people who have blocked me especially on twitter have been very militant and ego driven vegan guru individuals.

BibleBeliever

What of history? Vitamin a is naturally is foods that have been cherished and consumed by people all through history.

Milk, butter, eggs, liver, etc.
There are accounts of natives killing caribou just consuming their livers and tongues; as they prized them as the most valuable organs. Animals of the same fashion, dolphins sometimes killing an animal and just eating the liver.
The liver is the highest source of vitamin a.

If vitamin a is to be seen as some toxic poison, then how does this line up with history?
Further how does this address created order? God who made everything and has blessed us with food in His wisdom has made foods to contain vitamin a.
How is this factor addressed? Is it that modern times have changed the need for it, or some other factor?

I would think that most people who have problems with vitamin a are very hypothyroid, as Ray Peat teaches vitamin a dosage is directly correlated to thyroid.

PeterSN

I see thanks for the info, also I'm not trying to throw shade at someone like Dr Smith for no reason, I've just had a bad feeling about people who block others on twitter, as they seem too glued in their own ways and get offended when someone tells them something different.

I'm still trying this low toxin approach and funny enough I seem to be getting better, I'll give it a couple more weeks, but if I keep improving like this, then I might make an update video or something

Nick

Couldn't disagree more and I find it unbelievable that you even entertain that world view.

In my own experience the only people who have blocked me especially on twitter have been very militant and ego driven vegan guru individuals.
If Mike Fave has not really researched the evidence behind Grant and Garrett's work, as he admitted in his video, is it really productive for Garrett to interact with Mike's questions when they clearly are not coming for a place of good faith, given the mocking tone?

DanDare

Forum Supporter
What of history? Vitamin a is naturally is foods that have been cherished and consumed by people all through history.

Milk, butter, eggs, liver, etc.
There are accounts of natives killing caribou just consuming their livers and tongues; as they prized them as the most valuable organs. Animals of the same fashion, dolphins sometimes killing an animal and just eating the liver.
The liver is the highest source of vitamin a.

If vitamin a is to be seen as some toxic poison, then how does this line up with history?
Further how does this address created order? God who made everything and has blessed us with food in His wisdom has made foods to contain vitamin a.
How is this factor addressed? Is it that modern times have changed the need for it, or some other factor?

I would think that most people who have problems with vitamin a are very hypothyroid, as Ray Peat teaches vitamin a dosage is directly correlated to thyroid.

If you have an hour free spend it reading poisoning for profit.

OP
H

hgun48

I don't think one should question Grant or Charlie. They no more than we do.

OP
H

hgun48

If Mike Fave has not really researched the evidence behind Grant and Garrett's work, as he admitted in his video, is it really productive for Garrett to interact with Mike's questions when they clearly are not coming for a place of good faith, given the mocking tone?
I think even if Mike familiarizes himself with Grant, Garrett and Charlie's work he isn't going to be able to operate at their level.

Nick

I don't think one should question Grant or Charlie. They no more than we do.
I think people should be willing to question everyone, but doing so in a reasonably polite manner demonstrates that your objective is a serious and constructive discussion, rather than ego-driven tribalism. Polite as I am using the word here does not have to mean overly nice, however.

OP
H

hgun48

I think people should be willing to question everyone, but doing so in a reasonably polite manner demonstrates that your objective is a serious and constructive discussion, rather than ego-driven tribalism. Polite as I am using the word here does not have to mean overly nice, however.
I think there are certain figures of authority that you shouldn't question. People like Mike that aren't authorities on this subject you should question all you want.

PeterSN

I think there are certain figures of authority that you shouldn't question. People like Mike that aren't authorities on this subject you should question all you want.
Yeah I really could not disagree more. I really think this is also a very apparent and faulty position too, as everyone is human and capable of making mistakes. To say that someone is above being criticized or questioned really does go into the territory of cultism, religion, abolishments of free speech, etc...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals