Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Yea he had carotonemia on half his body a month ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5S75b1c1zE

And somehow managed to cast a strong shadow on the wall opposite his carotonemia.

Oh wait that’s just incandescent lighting, a Peat-inspired staple. Smh, cmon guys.

You shake your head .. and I shake my head at comments like this jumping to conclusions one way or the other. One can't conclude it is just incandescent light OR he really has an orange/ yellow tint.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Donald Trump Orange GIF by Election 2020

OP
H

hgun48

At the moment I give Mike's ideas on ' vit a' the respect they deserve - i.e none because he has none. If people want to hear his opinion they can just read mainstream advice about vitamin A and read Ray Peat's ideas, which we all know, because that's all he knows. He doesn't raise any scientific arguments and he's repetitive, laborious about simple common sense things which worryingly some people think are groundbreaking.

I hope this changes as he reads more of Grant and experiments.
While I agree with your assessment of him I think they're would be a lot of benefit to having him exposed for those flaws in a public context.

OP
H

hgun48

I'm starting to see it now in his videos and now I' starting to change my mind a bit. Is anyone keeping track of Mike's orangeness? It would be interesting to see how Orange he gets over the next few years and compare it to a color chart for research purposes.
I would like to see that overtime.

OP
H

hgun48

Yea he had carotonemia on half his body a month ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5S75b1c1zE

And somehow managed to cast a strong shadow on the wall opposite his carotonemia.

Oh wait that’s just incandescent lighting, a Peat-inspired staple. Smh, cmon guys.

1710883723514.png

Not a hint of orange or yellow in his face despite using an orange light. This is what true toxin depletion looks like. I hope to achieve this high level of performance one day.

Jayvee

View attachment 62119

Not a hint of orange or yellow in his face despite using an orange light. This is what true toxin depletion looks like. I hope to achieve this high level of performance one day.

Good observation! I have seen Garrett in other videos and he looks even more pale than this, made me realise, i'm actually pretty orange myself. I think I have a lot of detoxing to do. I stopped eating eggs and liver today (even though I get noticeable benefits from them), lets see how it goes. I'll report back on here.

PeterSN

View attachment 62119

do you know how colour grading works? Because there is a concept called white balance, where you can literally shift the colour of whitei n the scene to either a cool blue hue or even a warm hue depending on the camera you use.

Also his lamp looks quite pale for what it should actually look like, leading me to believe that he has set the white balance to be as neutral as possible

Attachments

• salt-lamp-1404159_1920-734821392.jpg
    salt-lamp-1404159_1920-734821392.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 2

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
do you know how colour grading works? Because there is a concept called white balance, where you can literally shift the colour of whitei n the scene to either a cool blue hue or even a warm hue depending on the camera you use.

Also his lamp looks quite pale for what it should actually look like, leading me to believe that he has set the white balance to be as neutral as possible
I have one of those salt lamps and it is nothing like that picture you attached. Mine looks like the one in Smith's video. Even when I used a red nightlight bulb in mine, it wasn't red at all.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Good observation! I have seen Garrett in other videos and he looks even more pale than this, made me realise, i'm actually pretty orange myself. I think I have a lot of detoxing to do. I stopped eating eggs and liver today (even though I get noticeable benefits from them), lets see how it goes. I'll report back on here.
I always thought I had a darker skin tone and got it from my father and not my mother who was always pale and not orange or yellow. Now after removing beta carotenes and vit A I am no longer orange/yellow. I think my father was overloaded like me.

Jayvee

I always thought I had a darker skin tone and got it from my father and not my mother who was always pale and not orange or yellow. Now after removing beta carotenes and vit A I am no longer orange/yellow. I think my father was overloaded like me.

Very interesting! Has your skin tone changed? Did it coincide with health benefits? I wonder how long it would take to get to Garrett's pale color. He has a healthy moustache too, I think he is getting something right

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Very interesting! Has your skin tone changed? Did it coincide with health benefits? I wonder how long it would take to get to Garrett's pale color. He has a healthy moustache too, I think he is getting something right
I don't remember exactly how long it took, but I think it was at least 6-8 months. It was gradual and I think my fingers became pink first and the skin on my heels was last. I could see the changes when it was happening though. And yes, my skin is pink now except where I tan.

Nick

Looks like Dr. Garrett Smith blocked Mike Fave:

View: https://twitter.com/MikeFaveScience/status/1769961846037954747

I trust there is wisdom behind the decision.

Well Mike Fave is mocking Garrett in his twitter biography: "PUFA Maxxi | Estrogen Evangelist | Serotonin for Happiness | Anti-Vitamin A Crusader | DHA Snorter | The Real Nutrition Detective"

Also the preview is cropped so you can't see it but in the beginning of that "tweet", he addressed Garrett thusly: "Thanks for enlightening us "Detective"". That's why Garrett responded by putting "Mike Fave" in quotation marks.

Last edited:
OP
H

hgun48

I don't think you understand Vitamin A detoxing and the process Dr. Garrett has undergone.

OP
H

hgun48

Exactly

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals