Need Help With Lowering Estrogen Even More

OP
Peata

Peata

Walked around in the sun for about 10 min, but it's so hot out, I couldn't enjoy it.

Mittir

Peata said:
Walked around in the sun for about 10 min, but it's so hot out, I couldn't enjoy it.

RP has said to avoid the sun light from 11 am to 3 pm ( not sure about the exact hour, could be 10 am to 2 pm).
He also recommended to get sunlight through window glass, this blocks the UV radiation. But glass blocks the UV needed for D vitamin. For red light from sun get it through glass. For vitamin D3 get direct sunlight either before 11 am or after 3 pm.

OP
Peata

Peata

Mittir said:
Peata said:

RP has said to avoid the sun light from 11 am to 3 pm ( not sure about the exact hour, could be 10 am to 2 pm).
He also recommended to get sunlight through window glass, this blocks the UV radiation. But glass blocks the UV needed for D vitamin. For red light from sun get it through glass. For vitamin D3 get direct sunlight either before 11 am or after 3 pm.

OK, thanks. It gets confusing because I'd read somewhere that your body only makes D during peak hours. But really, it's too hot to be out there. And if the window blocks what I need for D, then I might as well just sit under my red light. Therefore, I'll go out after 3 and try again.

messtafarian

Peata said:
I just made a version of this and stuck it in the fridge to cool. I played around with the ratios. I also added 1 T. cocoa and instant coffee. I'll let you know how it turns out. Might be our own little bliss bombs.

:). Definitely. Can't wait to see what you think.

J

j.

Ray Peat advises to avoid the sun at noon if you have a lot of polyunsaturated fats stored, because that triggers the release of PUFA, which is bad. If you don't have much PUFA in your tissues it's not a problem. I think a good rule regarding how much to stay in the sun is that if your skin is pink the next day, you stayed too long.

OP
Peata

Peata

messtafarian said:
Peata said:
I just made a version of this and stuck it in the fridge to cool. I played around with the ratios. I also added 1 T. cocoa and instant coffee. I'll let you know how it turns out. Might be our own little bliss bombs.

:). Definitely. Can't wait to see what you think.

I had it in the fridge then moved it to the freezer. I think the ton of salt I used is keeping it from freezing, or else I just didn't make it properly. But it's really good. I've had about five little pieces so far. The cool thing is, the cocoa and coffee seemed to settle together so when I scoop a piece out and mush it around, it's like there's a chocolatey filling now. I used way too much salt, so next time I'll reduce that some.

J

j.

Bluebell said:
Peata, you could try some extra vitamin E, Peat says it's anti-estrogen:

Vitamin E: Estrogen antagonist, energy promoter, and anti-inflammatory

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vitamin-e.shtml

I've recently started taking Swanson's Maximum Strength Gamma (high gamma vitamin E) and Carlson's E-Gems Plus (high-alpha vitamin E). They seem to have good ingredients and didn't provoke any bad reaction.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
It's the 2nd half of cycle and that's when things get a little rough, but I've been doing pretty well here lately. I thought I might be getting a handle on estrogen overall. However, today I woke up and noticed signs of estrogen dominance. I was getting hints yesterday that it was going up, including a 3# weight gain that I know isn't fat.

Here's what I'm doing on top of the Peaty diet:

-3 drops Progest-E, 5 x day
-carrot
-aspirin

But here's what's going on:

-breasts a little sore
-weight still up 3#
-felt puffy when I got up, and a slight bit achey
-bathroom visits in the night
-some oil and a little acne, but skin is overall holding its own for the last couple days
-underarm odor
-constipation
-gallbladder has been a little "active" off and on
-some anxiety

I'm at day 19 in cycle. Started noticing hints of hormone shift at day 11.

Aspirin helps with the breast pain.

All this is pretty mild compared to what it was before Peat, but it's there so I need some advice on what more to do.

Take more progesterone? Eat more carrot? (I haven't been making it into the salad lately, just eating it). Should I try DIM, even though it can lower thyroid? There must be something I've overlooked. Any thoughts appreciated.

Someone else suggested it already, but I will be more specific. I posted studies that show that tocopherols act like true estrogen "receptor" antagonists - i.e. they bind to the same receptors as estrogen but cause opposite effects in the cell. More specifically, taking 2,500mg of mixed tocopherols per day for 4 weeks reduces plasma estrogen by more than 65%. That's basically on par with what an AI drug like anastrozole will do.
Keep us posted on the results if you decide to go the vitamin E route.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
haidut said:
Someone else suggested it already, but I will be more specific. I posted studies that show that tocopherols act like true estrogen "receptor" antagonists - i.e. they bind to the same receptors as estrogen but cause opposite effects in the cell. More specifically, taking 2,500mg of mixed tocopherols per day for 4 weeks reduces plasma estrogen by more than 65%. That's basically on par with what an AI drug like anastrozole will do.

Holy moly, 65%!!!! Now if I could just find a vitamin E that didn't cause me issues. :(

J

j.

Charlie said:
haidut said:

Holy moly, 65%!!!! Now if I could just find a vitamin E that didn't cause me issues. :(

Have you tried yet Carlson E-Gems plus or Swanson Maximum Strength Gamma?

I think two pills of the Swanson and about 3 of Carlson will give you that amount.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:
haidut said:

I think two pills of the Swanson and about 3 of Carlson will give you that amount.

No I haven't but I just might be ordering some up very soon.

J

j.

Charlie said:
No I haven't but I just might be ordering some up very soon.

I'm sensitive to soy in general, I can take these two, I think Swanson gives me a very slight discomfort, and Carlson absolutely no discomfort. Swanson is high gamma, Carlson is high alpha.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You take them internally?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:
You take them internally?

Yes. I found that soy based vitamins give me more trouble externally.
Interesting. I wonder if this Lotion Crafter I have will do me better internally.

J

j.

Charlie said:
Interesting. I wonder if this Lotion Crafter I have will do me better internally.

I think I reacted well to Lotion Crafter only a few times and then I had trouble.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Are you taking both? At the same time?

gretchen

I don't know if anyone's mentioned B vitamins. I think Peat discusses them in one of the recent articles.

Tons of aspirin (4-6 a day) and 2 carrots a day has also reduced my symptoms and possibly also slightly increased my sex drive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals