Never Broken- sugarbabe's log

LLight

Sounds interesting! So many substances show promise as being anti-inflammatory or a cure all, hard to try them all!
Indeed!
As a pro, I would say that it's not really expensive and that the toxicity is probably very low.

To be honest, it hasn't made any miracle for me but I'm revisiting it in the context of a boron supplementation which might (big if) help with osmolyte metabolism.

But our cases might not be similar at all.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Indeed!
As a pro, I would say that it's not really expensive and that the toxicity is probably very low.

To be honest, it hasn't made any miracle for me but I'm revisiting it in the context of a boron supplementation which might (big if) help with osmolyte metabolism.

But our cases might not be similar at all.
I have betaine HCL would that work the same?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

This was a fascinating podcast with Dr. Gominak, she figured out how to cure sleep apnea with vitamin D and B vitamins!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

It contains betaine for sure but I really don't know if you will get meaningful doses (like at least 250mg pure betaine) without betaine HCL dose being too much acid.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

L

Lord Cola

Thought I'd jot down things I'm doing and how it's turning out. I feel like my health kinda took a nose dive over the last few months from intense parenting stress, but due to some things I'm trying out I think I'm on the mend. Everyone loves symptom lists so aside from a head cold I have at the moment here are some things I've been dealing with:
-chronic butt crack eczema/psoriasis for 4 yrs, skin has lost it's color it's been peeling for so long
-fatigue
-low blood pressure
-can't eat whole grains, nuts, or beans without major IBS cramping
-waking up in the middle of the night in a panic or from nightmares- I use mouthtape at night for yrs which helped
-tooth decay which is managed with lugol's iodine in waterpik and SDF occasionally
-intrusive negative thinking
-occasional anxiety
How much protein are you eating? I get bad digestion if I don't eat enough protein, with symptoms like bad taste in the back of my throat, flaky skin and restlessness. About 120 grams of protein with enough sugar and salt are what I seem to need to make enough stomach acid. That's a lot more protein than what I was used to eating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
No, but my husband started using a CPAP over a yr ago and feels way better, he was snoring extremely loud. He has been trying to get me to try it, but refuses to forgo even one night of using his to let me try it lol. He said he'd buy me a used one to try. I am doing the inclined bed therapy now for 9 months and honestly not sure if it's helping at all. Seems a bit worse.
It might be worth checking into an auto titrating type. Just steer clear of the respironics dream station if you get a used unit because they were recalled this year. If you get one and need help feel free to message me.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

How much protein are you eating? I get bad digestion if I don't eat enough protein, with symptoms like bad taste in the back of my throat, flaky skin and restlessness. About 120 grams of protein with enough sugar and salt are what I seem to need to make enough stomach acid. That's a lot more protein than what I was used to eating.
I struggle the most with protein, although I'm doing better than I used to as I now eat 3 eggs in the morning instead of just having a bagel and cream cheese or something like that. But I am always trying to do better.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

It might be worth checking into an auto titrating type. Just steer clear of the respironics dream station if you get a used unit because they were recalled this year. If you get one and need help feel free to message me.
Ok Blossom thank you!!

L

Lord Cola

I struggle the most with protein, although I'm doing better than I used to as I now eat 3 eggs in the morning instead of just having a bagel and cream cheese or something like that. But I am always trying to do better.
I struggle with it too. If I have too much protein without enough gelatin, it starts to hurt all over. Getting a little over half of my protein as gelatin whenever I eat protein helps me reduce or avoid this. Some sources of gelatin have high phosphate relative to calcium, so I try to get enough calcium also.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I can't believe this is happening again, but the temps dropped again last night and the heat came on and I immediately felt the sinusitis returning, although I must admit yesterday I was not feeling that great either but no sinus symptoms just sore eyes. I think I am going to get a humidifier for these colder dry days. My body is very used to the humidity of the deep South.
I struggle with it too. If I have too much protein without enough gelatin, it starts to hurt all over. Getting a little over half of my protein as gelatin whenever I eat protein helps me reduce or avoid this. Some sources of gelatin have high phosphate relative to calcium, so I try to get enough calcium also.
Ironically I have been having way more gelatin lately as I made homemade turkey stock with turkey necks for thanksgiving and have been eating that everyday.

L

Lord Cola

I can't believe this is happening again, but the temps dropped again last night and the heat came on and I immediately felt the sinusitis returning, although I must admit yesterday I was not feeling that great either but no sinus symptoms just sore eyes. I think I am going to get a humidifier for these colder dry days. My body is very used to the humidity of the deep South.

Ironically I have been having way more gelatin lately as I made homemade turkey stock with turkey necks for thanksgiving and have been eating that everyday.
I don't have experience with eating lots of turkey gelatin. But I noticed that the animal that the gelatin comes from has a big effect on my response to it. Pork gelatin doesn't digest well and worsens inflammation, but beef gelatin is digested well and improves my mood, skin, hair, and more.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I don't have experience with eating lots of turkey gelatin. But I noticed that the animal that the gelatin comes from has a big effect on my response to it. Pork gelatin doesn't digest well and worsens inflammation, but beef gelatin is digested well and improves my mood, skin, hair, and more.
Yeah pork tends to cause issues for a lot of people. It may have been the left over mashed potatoes, I have issues with resistant starches. But I did the raw garlic and steam and bought a humidifier and feel fine today maybe a little bit more stuffy than usual.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

So I have been following Dr. Stasha Gominak's vitamin D work and was convinced I probably needed more vitamin D as I spent most of the summer indoors (I know I said I get plenty of UV but I really didn't want to be outside this summer, it was so hot and humid). I took 1,000 IU's on the skin the first day and then yesterday 2,000, also I got Haidut's B complex energin and started on 4 drops of that a few days ago. First day I did feel more energy and a sense of calm but it seems to be making me more wired than normal, today I didn't take anything and I just feel this internal shakiness, anxiety and muscle tension. I think I stirred something up for sure. I get so frustrated when this happens because I just want to feel good and I haven't been feeling good for months now. Some days are better than others for sure, but overall I don't feel like I even have enough energy to go for a walk.

Appetite is up and down. One of the first days I took the energin my appetite shot way up and I felt starving I gobbled up my dinner like I hadn't eaten in days! But today my appetite is gone again. So then I think I have orthorexia or something and just need to force feed. That's how I got well in the past, by force feeding even if I didn't want to eat. I think for now that is my answer along with daily sunbathing.

L

Lord Cola

So I have been following Dr. Stasha Gominak's vitamin D work and was convinced I probably needed more vitamin D as I spent most of the summer indoors (I know I said I get plenty of UV but I really didn't want to be outside this summer, it was so hot and humid). I took 1,000 IU's on the skin the first day and then yesterday 2,000, also I got Haidut's B complex energin and started on 4 drops of that a few days ago. First day I did feel more energy and a sense of calm but it seems to be making me more wired than normal, today I didn't take anything and I just feel this internal shakiness, anxiety and muscle tension. I think I stirred something up for sure. I get so frustrated when this happens because I just want to feel good and I haven't been feeling good for months now. Some days are better than others for sure, but overall I don't feel like I even have enough energy to go for a walk.

Appetite is up and down. One of the first days I took the energin my appetite shot way up and I felt starving I gobbled up my dinner like I hadn't eaten in days! But today my appetite is gone again. So then I think I have orthorexia or something and just need to force feed. That's how I got well in the past, by force feeding even if I didn't want to eat. I think for now that is my answer along with daily sunbathing.
I asked RP about muscle tension and irritability after supplementing vitamin D topically. He said they could be a reaction to MCT oil.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I asked RP about muscle tension and irritability after supplementing vitamin D topically. He said they could be a reaction to MCT oil.
That's a predictable response as he has been very sensitive to excipients. I have used plenty of MCT oil topically though, so I'm not so sure I'm sensitive.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

sugarbabe which multi B are you using?​

have you had a consult with Dr. Gominak?
I am using @haidut 's energin, plus sometimes folinic acid and I also have a methyl B12 supp but I haven't used it yet.

I have not had a consult but I wish I could!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

does energize have all 8 as she says?
It's got 6, the other two Peat isn't a fan of: folate and B12. But we need them just not in mega doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals