NEWBIE : really need help with supplements.

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi everybody !

I got this recently :

(the Thyroid is on the very left)

I don't know how to start to take my thyroid supplement.

Do I have to take it during meals or apart ? I was thinking about starting with 1 grain a day. For the moment I don't take any supp, even if I have it..I started with preg but had to stop because my anxiety raised up A LOT, I was in a panic mode for an entire day ...

My TSH lab work is linked in my message. I heard Ray Peat say that he never met a healthy person with the TSH above 1. So... 🤔

My symptoms : anxiety ++, insomnia (except while eating tons of food, like almost a glucose coma I guess HAHA), ADHD, depression, fatigue, gut issues (the less I eat, the best I feel), easy weight gain and acne.

Thanks SOOOO much for your help.

Love,

A French cat

Attachments

• supplements.jpg
    supplements.jpg
    766.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture d’écran 2023-09-13 à 12.05.35.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-09-13 à 12.05.35.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 35

cs3000

ray wrote you can try taking thyroid with meals first if dose is a few mcg t3 or higher so body doesn't inactivate it from being too much at once. maybe best away from high calcium meal. and see if body temperature rises measured under the tongue after an hour or 2

for the sleep part if its not the calories/carbs in general helping then the lots of food fixing your insomnia might be from the salt/sodium lowering adrenaline
(adrenaline high in hypothyroidism & low sodium seen often in hypothyroidism too)
ray peat:
I read an article by some people who noticed that their patients who were on low sodium diets “for high blood pressure”
very often developed insomnia. They knew that sodium restriction raised adrenalin levels, so they took their patients off the low sodium diet, and cured their insomnia.”

he mentioned here hypothyroid = sodium wasting

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-UMN0QgITg

& "Hypothyroidism (which increases the ratio of estrogen to progesterone) is a major cause of excessive sodium loss" (and carbon dioxide)
from Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

youngsinatra

I used that glandular product in the beginning too. It’s very gentle and low dosed. I think one capsule contains 8mcg T4 and 1 mcg of T3. So you could start with 1 cap after breakfast and 1 after dinner.

If pregnenolone caused you anxiety, I‘d think that high cortisol is likely causing your „hypothyroidism“ tho. In that case, high reverse T3 (thyroid blockade/resistance) might be your issue rather than thyroid deficiency.

Last edited:
OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
ray wrote you can try taking thyroid with meals first if dose is a few mcg t3 or higher so body doesn't inactivate it from being too much at once. maybe best away from high calcium meal. and see if body temperature rises measured under the tongue after an hour or 2

for the sleep part if its not the calories/carbs in general helping then the lots of food fixing your insomnia might be from the salt/sodium lowering adrenaline
(adrenaline high in hypothyroidism & low sodium seen often in hypothyroidism too)
ray peat:

he mentioned here hypothyroid = sodium wasting

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-UMN0QgITg

& "Hypothyroidism (which increases the ratio of estrogen to progesterone) is a major cause of excessive sodium loss" (and carbon dioxide)
from Salt, energy, metabolic rate, and longevity

thanks a lot for your answer ! Actually I realized later on that drinking orange juice with some grains of salt helped me lower my stress level. I fall asleep pretty quickly when I do that.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
I used that glandular product in the beginning too. It’s very gentle and low dosed. I think one capsule contains 8mcg T4 and 1 mcg of T3. So you could start with 1 cap after breakfast and 1 after dinner.

If pregnenolone caused you anxiety, I‘d think that high cortisol is likely causing your „hypothyroidism“ tho. In that case, high reverse T3 (thyroid blockade/resistance) might be your issue rather than thyroid deficiency.
Yes I know, you already told me that. I am gonna try one capsule twice a day, and see what's happening. Yeah with preg I got a terrible side effect : anxiety ++ and crying for no reason (except anxiety I mean...) Since that time, I have become afraid of supplementing, especially by myself. High reverse T3 idk.
Here is my lab work : what do yo think ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-10-20 à 17.10.45.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-10-20 à 17.10.45.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 9
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals