Nicotine Alternatives?

Ignoramus

I just loove nicotine for getting work done (I use the lip pouches). It makes me feel so productive and euphoric about completing tasks. I don't have this effect from caffeine, which just makes me physically energetic, and doesn't help me to stay on task.

The nicotine seems to be giving me premature wrinkles, which have come on quite suddenly after using it almost constantly for a few months. I have also started to feel tired all the time, so I've decided to quit.

Is there anything similar to nicotine in terms of its mental effects? I'm interested about why it seems to affect people differently, and why it's so good for me.

Is the vasoconstriction which causes the wrinkles also responsible for increased intelligence? I feel so mentally capable when I'm using this stuff...

Thank you!

redsun

I just loove nicotine for getting work done (I use the lip pouches). It makes me feel so poductive and euphoric about completing tasks. I don't have this effect from caffeine, which just makes me physically energetic, and doesn't help me to stay on task.

The nicotine seems to be giving me premature wrinkles, which have come on quite suddenly after using it almost constantly for a few months. I have also started to feel tired all the time, so I've decided to quit.

Is there anything similar to nicotine in terms of its mental effects? I'm interested about why it seems to affect people differently, and why it's so good for me.

Is the vasoconstriction which causes the wrinkles also responsible for increased intelligence? I feel so mentally capable when I'm using this stuff...

Thank you!

Try getting more choline, aiming for 800mg to 1g a day at most. See how you react to it. This is way more sustainable. Too much cholinergic activity can cause fatigue by opposing norepinephrine. This is much more difficult to do with choline but like I said keep the dose under 1g total from food and supplements. Could be this is what will improve your cognition more than caffeine.

Nicotine contains cadmium, which is a toxic heavy metal that displaces zinc in the body which is vital for hundreds of enzymes including those maintaining skin health and protecting you from oxidative damage. You may have lower vitamin C levels as well from continued use. I would try to supplement zinc for a little bit and see if fatigue and other things improve. You may need it.

Donttreadonme

Try getting more choline, aiming for 800mg to 1g a day at most. See how you react to it. This is way more sustainable. Too much cholinergic activity can cause fatigue by opposing norepinephrine. This is much more difficult to do with choline but like I said keep the dose under 1g total from food and supplements. Could be this is what will improve your cognition more than caffeine.

Nicotine contains cadmium, which is a toxic heavy metal that displaces zinc in the body which is vital for hundreds of enzymes including those maintaining skin health and protecting you from oxidative damage. You may have lower vitamin C levels as well from continued use. I would try to supplement zinc for a little bit and see if fatigue and other things improve. You may need it.
Nicotine does not contain cadmium. Cigarettes do.

OP
I

Ignoramus

Thank you! I do seem to get more done when I have eggs for breakfast...

OccamzRazer

I just loove nicotine for getting work done (I use the lip pouches). It makes me feel so productive and euphoric about completing tasks. I don't have this effect from caffeine, which just makes me physically energetic, and doesn't help me to stay on task.

Thank you!
What are the ingredients in your nicotine pouches?

I use nicotine gum from a brand called Lucy...it's got pure ingredients and doesn't seem to be causing any downsides for me, at least so far.

OP
I

Ignoramus

What are the ingredients in your nicotine pouches?

I use nicotine gum from a brand called Lucy...it's got pure ingredients and doesn't seem to be causing any downsides for me, at least so far.
Fillers (E965, E460), chewing gum base, nicotine, acidity regulating agent (500), flavour, moisture preservative (1520).

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked it up and it only seems to have 4mg of nicotine per piece. Maybe my problem is that I've been doing too much of it; my pouches have 20mg each (they last for an hour), and I use 3-6 per day...

I've tried gum in the past but it didn't give me enough of a hit to increase my productivity (I love being in that laser beam mode). It also tasted so bad and I kept on swallowing the acidic saliva - does that not bother you? And that was only with one piece - I'd have to use 5 at once to get the same hit as a pouch...

Another thing I noticed is that wound healing has been delayed for me. I had this big cut on my knuckle and it has been red for months. Within 2 days of quitting it is nearly back to its former colour. Nic also makes my penis sooo small, and it went back to normal on cessation.

I wish I could feel like I do on nic with no consequences. I bet that's how the Vitalik Buterins of the world feel.

OccamzRazer

Fillers (E965, E460), chewing gum base, nicotine, acidity regulating agent (500), flavour, moisture preservative (1520).

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked it up and it only seems to have 4mg of nicotine per piece. Maybe my problem is that I've been doing too much of it; my pouches have 20mg each (they last for an hour), and I use 3-6 per day...

I've tried gum in the past but it didn't give me enough of a hit to increase my productivity (I love being in that laser beam mode). It also tasted so bad and I kept on swallowing the acidic saliva - does that not bother you? And that was only with one piece - I'd have to use 5 at once to get the same hit as a pouch...

Another thing I noticed is that wound healing has been delayed for me. I had this big cut on my knuckle and it has been red for months. Within 2 days of quitting it is nearly back to its former colour. Nic also makes my penis sooo small, and it went back to normal on cessation.

I wish I could feel like I do on nic with no consequences. I bet that's how the Vitalik Buterins of the world feel.
Ah, your dosage could be part of the issue then, as well as the fact that you're consuming larger amounts of fillers and other weird stuff.

Yeah...the gum only has 4mg of nicotine a piece. I wonder if that could become enough for you if you tapered your consumption down by using extra thyroid and progesterone in the meantime? For me 5-8 pieces a day is plenty, even if the day is very stressful lol.

Regarding its taste, tho, Lucy's pomegranate gum tastes pretty amazing. Much better and purer than the nic gum you'd buy from the store.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals