No fap input and perils

S

shucknchuck

"A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free" - Arthur Schopenhauer.
great quote. I believe that until one can really still his mind from the clutter of thoughts and trappings of life, he can never experience this life to it's fullest (that includes getting away from people - I do it all the time - Jesus did too :)

I believe that I've found one element of wisdom:

It's easy for a person who's overworked their body to readily grasp one principle of a good life: the significance and importance of rest. It is also easy for one person who grew up in a slacking, slovenly home, to readily grasp one other important principle: the value and power of thorough and disciplined work.
- Finding the balance of those 2 seemingly apposing principles - or, the tensions between the dichotomies of life, is where the journey is, and is where wisdom is found :)

What I'm saying is, you need to find the balance. Community and relationships don't have to look like eating out with 10 people every night!

The place for big groups are actually necessary once-in-a-two-week kinda thing, where you get out of your comfort zone, and find out how retarded you actually are, and then get good at navigating how to be comfortable talking to women and getting rid of autist tendencies that make you repulsive to the good and attractive women who just want to be good-natured, fun, and kind.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

@shucknchuck

I used to be a personal trainer and ran my own "boot camp" at the beach every Saturday with 20 people. I used to drive taxis and talk intermately with strangers from wall walks of life 7 days a week, I got to the pub with work colleagues, serve customers boss says I'm very "customer focused" and answer phones all day but I don't have friends and don't want any, I can be very amicable and agreeable but I just am independent.

Most people are trying to coherse me, manipulate me, use me, control me and I cannot stand a bit of it. Most men are closet homosexual as well in my culture and the norm is for heterosexual men to think it's ok to act homosexual as part of the package of what the culture calls friends.

I hate the degenerate western culture and want nothing to do with it, people talk about what's on mainstream news, they are all brainwashed, politics, climate, property market, surgery, cancer, it's all people talk about.

S

shucknchuck

@shucknchuck

I used to be a personal trainer and ran my own "boot camp" at the beach every Saturday with 20 people. I used to drive taxis and talk intermately with strangers from wall walks of life 7 days a week, I got to the pub with work colleagues, serve customers boss says I'm very "customer focused" and answer phones all day but I don't have friends and don't want any, I can be very amicable and agreeable but I just am independent.

Most people are trying to coherse me, manipulate me, use me, control me and I cannot stand a bit of it. Most men are closet homosexual as well in my culture and the norm is for heterosexual men to think it's ok to act homosexual as part of the package of what the culture calls friends.

I hate the degenerate western culture and want nothing to do with it, people talk about what's on mainstream news, they are all brainwashed, politics, climate, property market, surgery, cancer, it's all people talk about.
ah dang, you have my condolences.

It doesn't seem to be that bad in America. Also, FYI, it's not that bad in southern/eastern Europe, as well (all the millennials in Austria were incredibly traditional-conservative, with old school conventional views on the dynamics of the sexes. the dudes were pretty square as well).

Mossy

unfortunately I cannot put faith in books but only my own experiences and even then I have to re exam things constantly because of constant change. I am not the usual case, I am independent and don't even have friends. I approached Ray's work with doubt but experimented with anything to see for myself. I am not personally struggling because I took a two year vow in sexual abstinence due a sacrifice I am making for a better future but wrote the post for others.

The problem with marrying instead of burning with passion is that it's not good to marry just for sexual satisfaction and this passion is short lived anyway, it's not real enough to rely on. The entire thing is walking on a tight rope between degeneracy and purity.
I think your need to continually test and re-examine is sound and is needed to properly get to the truth.

I would suggest that we all put faith in books, i.e. foundations established before us which have come to be respected and relied upon for truth and guidance. The challenge is to choose, and be open to, the right books.
everything is a cope as far I can tell, religion is a cope, I've read philosophy and religious texts and when I'm at my weakest and most lost, I think its good when I am thinking for myself and moving forward, that's what the people who wrote the books were doing. I leant already putting people on pedistals is a major fail.
I would agree that those are all indeed coping mechanisms. But is that not all of life, coping with what is before us and dealing with it the best we can? I would say there is no one who is not coping. The question to ask is who are the ones coping the most successfully? (Which, to some degree, it seems you are asking.)
@shucknchuck

I understand your dislike and distrust of people. Anyone who has lived long enough has experienced that. A few good, trustworthy friends would be one of the greatest successes (I think) that a person could ask for.

At least in my Western culture, I tend to think most "modern" men are just buying into the narrative and denying their masculinity. I wonder if embracing it wouldn't salvage them and their culture.

I think the reason that current events dominate is that we are under an information and propaganda siege. We're purposely being indebted to a highly politicized system. It's hard not to point out and talk about what to do about one's house when it's on fire; especially when you're still living in it. Even so, the truly free man will indeed rise above it; that is, he will find a way to cope that does not prevent him from living out truth according to his conscience.

Cayennepepper

post nut clarity. I think the real issue is guys jerking it like 3 times a day. I tried no fap and abstinence one for like 3 months and then started having wet dreams 2 times a night every night. I have a gf, but if shes out of town or something ill do it maybe a few times over the course of 4-5 days. The issue is the addictive aspect, but doing it sometimes is healthy imo and the shame that pushes people to think that theyll gain super powers from avoiding various forms of gratification is a little psychotic

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals