Numb Clitoris

chococat

Forum Supporter
My clit and vagina have been going numb for 2 years now. What’s going on could probably be described as peripheral neuropathy and/or pudendal neuralgia. No it’s not because I’m depressed, sexually disinterested or having body image issues. (That’s doctors catch all for female sexual dysfunction). My numbness is because of a sudden onset intolerance to sugar and carbs. I’m making this thread to dump all the useful information I find regarding this issue for anyone else who’s finding this issue. If any girl is dealing with this hopefully she comes across this after a Google search instead of the unhelpful Reddit post. Feel free to share experiences if any of this resonates with you. I’ll be updating regularly.

Peater

Excess estrogen? It can cause insatiable hyper-libido too, but I wonder if the 3 (?) estrogens can have different effects. Plenty of anecdotes from men on here who had numb dicks after progesterone, which could have been estrogen dumping.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
Excess estrogen? It can cause insatiable hyper-libido too, but I wonder if the 3 (?) estrogens can have different effects. Plenty of anecdotes from men on here who had numb dicks after progesterone, which could have been estrogen dumping.
I got my hormones checked a couple months before this ordeal began. Everything was pretty low except my prolactin, and the only reason that was high was because earlier that year I’d been placed on risperdone and it induced lactation. Estradiol 51pg/mL , progesterone 10ng/ML, free testosterone 2.4pg/mL, testosterone 26 ng/dL prolactin 18.96 ng/dL. My period has always been regular so the doctor saw nothing wrong. I feel like these low hormone levels had (have) something to do with this though

So when did it start? What happened?

How is your libido?

Have you ever tested estrone? A far more helpful test than estradiol.

have you ever taken your oral temps during the day over the month?

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter

These two articles explain the mechanism through which I think this kind of damage occurs. The second link is a bit more helpful than the first. I don’t think I am a diabetic, (my blood sugar comes back normal) but the symptoms are similar. I’ve found that in researching this I’ve had to resort to looking at studies on how diabetes and insulin resistance affects the penis because there is more hard research being done on male sexual dysfunction. Both the penis and the vagina are being rendered numb through autonomic nerve damage and small fiber neuropathy in this situation so I don’t feel that studies for men are completely irrelevant

Last edited:
OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
So when did it start? What happened?

How is your libido?

Have you ever tested estrone? A far more helpful test than estradiol.

have you ever taken your oral temps during the day over the month?
This started in February of 2021. While masturbating I noticed a small section in the right side of my clitoris was numb. Gradually it got worse. It took about 4 months for me to make any vague connection between what was happening and my food. At first I thought it was just sweets that were the problem then I realized it was literally all carbs, my reaction to sweets was just more acute. I would eat and then within 30 minutes (and often immediately) get searing burning pain in my clit, the affected area would lose sensation over the next couple days. By the time I realized what was really going on, numbness spread to half of my clit. I tried keto starting April of 2022 but was getting pain and numbness even from tiny amounts of carbs (I’m talking 15 grams a day from keto safe vegetables like Brussel sprouts or broccoli)

My libido kind of hard for me to pinpoint. I still get spontaneously horny but when I masturbate it’s just not as pleasurable which has made me disinterested. I can still orgasm but the sensation is 20-30% if what it used to be in the past. Lubrication is reduced. My clit still gets engorged when I’m aroused (though I think it has gotten smaller) and I could bring myself to orgasm rubbing the numbest part of my clitoris but it wouldn’t feel very good, I’m mostly just aware of the muscle contractions. I actually find that rubbing it causes dull pain.
I’ve never been offered a test for estrone. I’ve been measuring my temperature within the past 2 weeks. Today it was 98.8 but it is frequently around 97

Peater

This might sound strange but i wonder what your testosterone levels are, women do need some after all.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
This might sound strange but i wonder what your testosterone levels are, women do need some after all.
as of my last blood test they were low. All my sex hormones were. I’ll be ordering more within the next week or so to see what the state of things are now that I’m in the thick of it.

LuMonty

These two articles explain the mechanism through which I think this kind of damage occurs. The second link is a bit more helpful than the first. I don’t think I am a diabetic, (my blood sugar comes back normal) but the symptoms are similar. I’ve found that in researching this I’ve had to resort to looking at studies on how diabetes and insulin resistance affects the penis because there is more hard research being done on male sexual dysfunction. Both the penis and the vagina are being rendered numb through autonomic nerve damage and small fiber neuropathy in this situation so I don’t feel that studies for men are completely irrelevant
I'd lean more towards from prolactin from the risperidone. For me, it took awhile to get over the effects. the stuff should be outlawed imo. Heck, even the last few mornings I've had prolactin-gloop-tears in the morning for whatever reason and that's trended with less sensitivity down there.

As for nerves that could be an issue related to blood sugar like b-vitamins and choline. My wife's limited experience is that without progesterone (which can convert to testosterone) she has issues as well. My experience would agree with hers.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
I'd lean more towards from prolactin from the risperidone. For me, it took awhile to get over the effects. the stuff should be outlawed imo. Heck, even the last few mornings I've had prolactin-gloop-tears in the morning for whatever reason and that's trended with less sensitivity down there.

As for nerves that could be an issue related to blood sugar like b-vitamins and choline. My wife's limited experience is that without progesterone (which can convert to testosterone) she has issues as well. My experience would agree with hers.
It really does take a long time for it to void the body. I have been off the stuff since for over three years and depending on what time of the month it is I can still squeeze a bit of liquid out of my nipples. I was barely on it for 3 weeks..

LuMonty

Interesting… there seems to be something to this causing the onset of my symptoms.
In my experience it would be serotonin ruining metabolism. A good example happened just the other night. My wife had been eating huge meals after she gets home from work. Simply eating too high a volume of food would cause affective issues for her (gut irritation ->serotonin). Having her split up her dinner into two smaller meals seems to have fixed the issue alongside her usual use of aspirin.

My experience has been that salt, thyroid, and progesterone are the most useful for getting out of such a state, alongside eating enough. Aspirin or vitamin E can help if clean and you avoid excessive blood thinning. We also use Idealabs Diamant sometimes for dopamine. Others here like metergoline (anti-serotonin) but I never really noticed a difference. I've used lisuride as well but it delayed my dreams which meant destroyed sleep schedule.

Vitamin B1 is so curative for my brother you'd think I was describing two different people before and after he takes it. The issue with using B1 (or thyroid for that matter) is if nutrition is incomplete, it can cause issues.

My mood improved noticeably this last week after I started eating around 4g of sodium a day, which has been true before. Foods high in B6 also help.

DennisX

This started in February of 2021. While masturbating I noticed a small section in the right side of my clitoris was numb. Gradually it got worse. It took about 4 months for me to make any vague connection between what was happening and my food. At first I thought it was just sweets that were the problem then I realized it was literally all carbs, my reaction to sweets was just more acute. I would eat and then within 30 minutes (and often immediately) get searing burning pain in my clit, the affected area would lose sensation over the next couple days. By the time I realized what was really going on, numbness spread to half of my clit. I tried keto starting April of 2022 but was getting pain and numbness even from tiny amounts of carbs (I’m talking 15 grams a day from keto safe vegetables like Brussel sprouts or broccoli)

My libido kind of hard for me to pinpoint. I still get spontaneously horny but when I masturbate it’s just not as pleasurable which has made me disinterested. I can still orgasm but the sensation is 20-30% if what it used to be in the past. Lubrication is reduced. My clit still gets engorged when I’m aroused (though I think it has gotten smaller) and I could bring myself to orgasm rubbing the numbest part of my clitoris but it wouldn’t feel very good, I’m mostly just aware of the muscle contractions. I actually find that rubbing it causes dull pain.
I’ve never been offered a test for estrone. I’ve been measuring my temperature within the past 2 weeks. Today it was 98.8 but it is frequently around 97
How much real sex with a man do you have. Constant masterbation can cause numbness.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
How much real sex with a man do you have. Constant masterbation can cause numbness.
I have only had sex 8~ times so basically none. I will admit I masturbated a lot (2-5) times a week befor but I didn’t use vibrators or anything. Plus but the numbness persist even when i’ve stopped. I have gone a month without masturbating 2 or 3 times since this started and that made no improvement.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
I had two cups of coffee today and that triggered dull burning pain on the right side of my clitoris. I wonder if something about the constriction and dilation of blood vessels caused by caffeine caused by this has negative affects. It doesn’t happen all the time. I think it’s dependent upon how much coffee I’ve drunk and how much food I’ve eaten that day. I drink it black as well so the cortisol is possibly a factor there

I lean to believing that raising T and other androgens will help a great deal. Many men have great penile numbness when they have low T. A woman may want T around 100 or 110.

DennisX

I have only had sex 8~ times so basically none. I will admit I masturbated a lot (2-5) times a week befor but I didn’t use vibrators or anything. Plus but the numbness persist even when i’ve stopped. I have gone a month without masturbating 2 or 3 times since this started and that made no improvement.
I suggest you have sex with man that can last a little bit a few times and see how that feels.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
I suggest you have sex with man that can last a little bit a few times and see how that feels.
I’ve had sex last about a year ago. 3 ish hours off and on. It was fine but the numb parts of my clitoris were reflected in my vagina. That is to say it just felt like pressure on the majority of my vagina and there was a small corner on the upper right where penetration felt pleasurable

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
I lean to believing that raising T and other androgens will help a great deal. Many men have great penile numbness when they have low T. A woman may want T around 100 or 110.
I’m sure it can help. Whatever is going on with my glucose metabolism having some interplay with my neuter-ish hormone levels.

OP
chococat

chococat

Forum Supporter
In my experience it would be serotonin ruining metabolism. A good example happened just the other night. My wife had been eating huge meals after she gets home from work. Simply eating too high a volume of food would cause affective issues for her (gut irritation ->serotonin). Having her split up her dinner into two smaller meals seems to have fixed the issue alongside her usual use of aspirin.

My experience has been that salt, thyroid, and progesterone are the most useful for getting out of such a state, alongside eating enough. Aspirin or vitamin E can help if clean and you avoid excessive blood thinning. We also use Idealabs Diamant sometimes for dopamine. Others here like metergoline (anti-serotonin) but I never really noticed a difference. I've used lisuride as well but it delayed my dreams which meant destroyed sleep schedule.

Vitamin B1 is so curative for my brother you'd think I was describing two different people before and after he takes it. The issue with using B1 (or thyroid for that matter) is if nutrition is incomplete, it can cause issues.

My mood improved noticeably this last week after I started eating around 4g of sodium a day, which has been true before. Foods high in B6 also help.
this is interesting. I tend to eat very big portions (since i avoid carbs i get away with it withou any weight gain) and sometimes an especially large meal can trigger neuropathy. I’ll try to break up my meals

I’m extremely interested in thiamine but I am afraid to take large doses of it because I fear it may cause a problem because of my other deficiencies ( I’m horribly vitamin d deficient for example. Even with being outside during peak sunlight hours and taking supplements it feels impossible to keep my levels up )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom