Over Doing Dairy?

Jsaute21

I know the title sounds ludicrous in a Ray Peat Forum, but i wanted to run by the amount of dairy i have been consuming the last few days. Energy has been great, so has mental health and libido, but today is the first morning i havent gone # 2 in close to 2 months. (Big deal for me). Big routine guy.

Through self experimentation and also Ray's preachings i have been slowly tapering down meat/histamine intake. (Meat 3-5x a week). Used to be 15-20 servings for a number of years. However, due to being active, big and lean, i have an appetite on me meaning i am drinking almost a whole quart of milk per day, 1-2 servings ice cream, 4-5 cheese sticks, butter to cook my eggs, etc. I wanted to get some thoughts on how this treats the digestive tract.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Diet consists of good quality cheese, cottage cheese (Kaplan brand without additives), oj, melons, pomengrates, real sugar coke or cream soda, raw or 1% milk, occasionally steak or scallops, butter bella cookies (phenomenal and no bad ingredients) amongst other things. Honestly feel prettt good, haven't even had bad gas which is an accomplishment with over 2lbs daily of dairy probably.

tyler

For good digestion with a lot of calcium, it's important to have a lot of magnesium too. 1:2 to 1:1 balance (Mag:Cal).
@DrJ posts have informed me of this. I've found it to be helpful.

EIRE24

For good digestion with a lot of calcium, it's important to have a lot of magnesium too. 1:2 to 1:1 balance (Mag:Cal).
@DrJ posts have informed me of this. I've found it to be helpful.
What mag do you supplement dude?

Velve921

Dairy is my main source of nutrition support. I eat 1-2 quarts of milk, 1-3 oz of cheese, 1-2 pints of ice cream per day; I use to always do tons of meat and no dairy; I now feel the best I've felt in years. If you feel great I wouldn't be so quick to question.

If you are concerned about digestive health, then raw carrot, boiled mushrooms, cascara sagrada could be substances for you to consider.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Thanks guys. @Ewlevy1 and @tyler you are both right. I consume a fair amount of magnesium but will up it, and do feel pretty damn good.

Peata

Dairy is my main source of nutrition support. I eat 1-2 quarts of milk, 1-3 oz of cheese, 1-2 pints of ice cream per day; I use to always do tons of meat and no dairy; I now feel the best I've felt in years. If you feel great I wouldn't be so quick to question.

If you are concerned about digestive health, then raw carrot, boiled mushrooms, cascara sagrada could be substances for you to consider.

What brands of milk and other dairy do you use?

OP
J

Jsaute21

Any recommendations for ways to maintain healthy Peating habits while traveling? I do not want to be restrictive as i view it as mentally unhealthy but i have been feeling so good on PEAT's recommendations that i am frustrated to be taken out of my comfort zone with it. (Headed to girlfriend's family's place). I assume @haidut supplements should play a big role when nutrition is somewhat compromised. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Velve921

What brands of milk and other dairy do you use?

Kalona Milk - based out of Iowa - I buy at Whole Foods Market - I can drink 1 gallon a day and feel great

Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese - I buy a block and shred on eggs and ice cream

Haganndas or 3 Twins Ice Cream - I buy 3 Twins at Whole Foods Market. Both contain no added beans or gums

Kalona Butter - buy at whole foods market

Kalona Cottage cheese - every once in a while I crave it.

Siggis Icelandic Yogurt - every once in a while if I crave it.

L

lollipop

Kalona Milk - based out of Iowa - I buy at Whole Foods Market - I can drink 1 gallon a day and feel great

Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese - I buy a block and shred on eggs and ice cream

Haganndas or 3 Twins Ice Cream - I buy 3 Twins at Whole Foods Market. Both contain no added beans or gums

Kalona Butter - buy at whole foods market

Kalona Cottage cheese - every once in a while I crave it.

Siggis Icelandic Yogurt - every once in a while if I crave it.
Looks like my grocery cart minus Haagan Das - I stick to Three Twins :): Good choices @Ewlevy1

Luann

This is a good topic, and I want to add, is a gallon of milk a day too much for a small person (woman, size 4 ish)? Because I drink that, and am getting some headaches the last few days, maybe because of the weather change and getting warmer, but they are very painful head- and neck- aches and I want to make sure they aren't from a harmful dose of tryptophan. I know the other things in milk are pretty much okay, casein isn't bad like they used to say.

milk_lover

This is a good topic, and I want to add, is a gallon of milk a day too much for a small person (woman, size 4 ish)? Because I drink that, and am getting some headaches the last few days, maybe because of the weather change and getting warmer, but they are very painful head- and neck- aches and I want to make sure they aren't from a harmful dose of tryptophan. I know the other things in milk are pretty much okay, casein isn't bad like they used to say.
Do you enjoy it or force drinking it? Usually, with milk, when I crave the taste, gulp me some from the fridge, but rarely do I reach a gallon and I am a 6 feet guy with a lot of tissues :) Maybe let your tongue lead you to what to eat unless it's telling you to drink a cup of vegetable oil!

Regina

What mag do you supplement dude?
I stopped doing a separate mag and calc supplement and am currently taking 2 of these per day. What do "we" think?

Attachments

• pure_encapsulations_muscle cramps:tension_formula.jpg
    pure_encapsulations_muscle cramps:tension_formula.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 25
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals