Ox Bile As A Gut Desinfectant?

yerrag

@yerrag Have you tried ox bile, Taurine or Tudca for endotoxin issues
I take taurine 1g/day but not for endotoxins but for my kidneys hoping to reduce microalbuminuria. Not particularly concerned now with endotoxins although in the past I suspected falsely I have endotoxin issues.

koky

I have stuffed sinus - 1 nostril -usually between 3 and 5 am - never any problem in the daytime
my digestion and elimination are really good now - so I'm Leary of taking something that may disrupt that, such as oxbile or antibiotics
any ideas?

Peater Piper

I have used it for a week now, twice a day at 1000mg on an empty stomach, and I have to say that my SIBO symptoms are somewhat alleviated, almost on par when I'm on antibiotics.
I also used ox bile on an empty stomach with pretty good results, but I found that the effects weren't long lasting, I had to keep taking the supplement. Eventually the bottle ran out and I never ordered more.

OP
T

TheBeard

I also used ox bile on an empty stomach with pretty good results, but I found that the effects weren't long lasting, I had to keep taking the supplement. Eventually the bottle ran out and I never ordered more.

Yes, until the exogenous bile dissolves enough of the endogenous sludgy bile clogging the liver, I wouldn't expect to be able to quit the supplement as my own bile isn't flowing properly yet. That's why I stocked up on like 10 bottles + raw TUDCA.

Inaut

I've been using d-limonene for quite some time and it thins the bile as well. It's also very cheap and has a host of other benefits. I mainly began experimenting with it because of my gall bladder problems.

lvysaur

That makes you, me, and beard helped by amoxicillin in very similar ways. It also restored my appetite the way Ox Bile does. (In my case it was more specifically Augmentin: Amoxicillin / Clauvlanic acid.) Interestingly, neither Beard nor I were helped by Rifaximin, the drug most commonly used to treat SIBO.
The best part is my hunger has come back with a vengeance. I had forgotten what it felt like to be hungry.

Just to get the facts straight:

Both of you had increased hunger from taking amoxicillin? As well as ox bile? Just want to confirm with @TheBeard

gately

Just to get the facts straight:

Both of you had increased hunger from taking amoxicillin? As well as ox bile? Just want to confirm with @TheBeard

The effects I get from Augmentin (I can't remember if I've ever taken just amoxicillin) are: better libido, more pleasure, better mood, deeper sleep, more energy, and yes, a better appetite. The effects I get from Ox Bile are: better appetite (this effect is much stronger than Augmentin, though as I'm sure you're aware from your Ayurvedic research, that effect is very common with digestive bitters...which ox bile obviously is) and to a much smaller the degree the rest of the aforementioned improvements.

I strongly think it's due to its capacity to mitigate endotoxin and thus help the body detox.

Interestingly, they both help keep my Crohn 's disease in check. Augmentin will get me out a flare and keep me out of it, so long as I take it, but that's an untenable long-term solution for me. Ox Bile, among other things, seems to help me stay out of a flare for longer.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The effects I get from Augmentin (I can't remember if I've ever taken just amoxicillin) are: better libido, more pleasure, better mood, deeper sleep, more energy, and yes, a better appetite. The effects I get from Ox Bile are: better appetite (this effect is much stronger than Augmentin, though as I'm sure you're aware from your Ayurvedic research, that effect is very common with digestive bitters...which ox bile obviously is) and to a much smaller the degree the rest of the aforementioned improvements.

I strongly think it's due to its capacity to mitigate endotoxin and thus help the body detox.

Interestingly, they both help keep my Crohn 's disease in check. Augmentin will get me out a flare and keep me out of it, so long as I take it, but that's an untenable long-term solution for me. Ox Bile, among other things, seems to help me stay out of a flare for longer.
Nice!

I bought some more ox bile, 500mg, unrefined (only sterilized). Is this too much? I will try it. It says with meals, do you suggest between meals?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

gately

I bought some more ox bile, 500mg, unrefined (only sterilized). Is this too much? I will try it. It says with meals, do you suggest between meals?

I would start with a much lower dosage and take it with meals, at least at first.

OP
T

TheBeard

I take 1g three times a day between meals, without negative sides. Expect loose stool

lvysaur

The effects I get from Ox Bile are: better appetite (this effect is much stronger than Augmentin, though as I'm sure you're aware from your Ayurvedic research, that effect is very common with digestive bitters
Just making sure, are these effects from solely Ox Bile? Or from an Ox Bile + Pancreatin formulation?

You said you used Vital Nutrients, which I think has pancreatin included (Beard used Nutricology which is just the Bile)

gately

Just making sure, are these effects from solely Ox Bile? Or from an Ox Bile + Pancreatin formulation?

You said you used Vital Nutrients, which I think has pancreatin included (Beard used Nutricology which is just the Bile)
Yes, the effects I've mentioned are from solely Ox Bile. I use the Vital Nutrients Pancreatin & Ox Bile formula, because it is a convenient formula for me to carry and it is filler-free, but have gone times where I exclusively used Ox Bile in various dosages or, likewise, exclusively used Pancreatin in various dosages, so I am certain of what the effects of ox bile are on myself.

For the past five years or so, I have suggested Ox Bile to people with various conditions. But lately I've been suggesting it to anyone who tells me they have even the slightest digestive issues, because in small dosages most people seem to respond pretty well, barring a short "detoxification" period. Dr. Lawrence Wilson of www.drlwilson.com infamy has been utilizing Ox Bile in the formula GB-3 from ARL Labs (Pancreatin, Ox Bile, and Black Radish Root) for many years. He claims it helps remove parasites, among other things. I first got the idea to start using it from him about a decade ago. He's a weird guy (actually, I'm fairly certain he's a schizophrenic) and he gets just as much wrong as he gets right, but anyway he suggests it to every one of his patients, and has done so for over a decade, and claims everyone eventually adapts to it.

Here's a site where he writes about it: WHY USE GB-3 AS A DIGESTIVE AID

When I began researching Ox Bile for Psoriasis a few years ago (I don't have this condition, I just like connecting the dots with different conditions) I discovered someone who had already filled in the gaps for me, back in 2014, to cure themselves. This site's write-up will, I'm sure, be of great interest to anyone interested in Ox Bile:

Psoriasis Cure Is Bile Flow, Bile Acids Eliminate Endotoxins | PsoriasisDietPlan.com

Jarrow Bile Acids seems a reasonable product and good value, what do y'all think?????????

Product Details
Size: 120 Capsules

SKU: 790011240020

Product Code: BILE-1

Categories:
Active Items, Digestive & GI Health, On Sale, Specialty Products

Suggested Usage
Take 1 to 4 capsules with a fat-containing meal or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.

NOTE: If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, lactating, trying to conceive, under the age of 18, or taking medications, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.

Keep out of reach of children.

supp_facts_BILE_lrg_600x.jpg

Other Ingredients
Microcrystalline cellulose, natural vanilla flavor, magnesium stearate (vegetable source) and silicon dioxide. Capsule consists of bovine gelatin (BSE-free).

No wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts/tree nuts.

Store in a cool, dry place.

@Steve123 @gately

Angel45

If I take a strong tumeric supplement like that one called Terry naturally. My bile does not stop flowing. I made the mistake of taking it for a week before realizing it was causing bile diarrhea and wow. Bile acid diarrhea for weeks. It may clean you out but the butt burn is bad. Quercetin has done the same thing when taken in multiple doses through out the day. I was having gallbladder pains but I thought I had hurt my ribs from coughing, the gallbladder pain lasted months and that's when I took tumeric for a unrelated reason and bam! After the diarrhea ended my constant rib pain from my gallbladder was gone for months. Now I take a daily supp that hasn't caused diarrhea to keep gallbladder attacks away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals