Oysters... why are they so healthy?

bluefish

I was at trader joes today, and bought a bunch of tins of the smoked oysters, and some cheese, (parmigiano reggiano), and the cashier asked me about the oysters, so I started going on a rant about how healthy oysters are etc... and then I realized, I have no idea why they are healthy.

Why are oysters healthy?
I looked up oysters on the cronometer, and looks like mainly iron, is the only nutrient of note...

Yonebayashian

They're one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, of course they're healthy. If you like oysters try (raw) liver.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Nutrition. Mainly zinc and copper. But also selenium and B12.
OK, I did mention copper... and I was thinking maybe zinc also, so thats pretty good...

but why are they touted as, so extremely nutritious, if its just copper, zinc, selenium and b12?

---- just paused to look up oysters again on the cronometer------

oh... mhh thats weird, I just looked up oysters again on the cronometer, and I guess I wasnt using it correctly last time, because now, oysters are looking extremely nutrutious... high levels in a lot of stuff.

k, anyways, thanks for the response but i can see it now also.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

They're one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet, of course they're healthy. If you like oysters try (raw) liver.
yes I eat beef liver also... is raw liver even better?
I had some raw liver in thailand (a japanese dish actually) and it was amazing.

Any thoughts on the safety?

Samya

I tried oysters for the first time recently and noticed a powerful brain energy increase soon after, the first thought which popped into my head was maybe it could be the zinc or B12. I think they could be a good addition for people who rely on dairy to have occasionally as they also have plenty of iron and copper.

Ray mentioned a cosmic spectrum of foods in one interview when asked about eating sentient beings, in that respect oysters and other bivalves seem they could also be among the least harmful animal foods to harvest.

Last edited:

BibleBeliever

The zinc. Oysters are the food highest in zinc.
1657986805090.png

100 grams of canned oysters have 91mg of zinc. The equal amount would be around 1500 grams of ground beef.

Of course there are varied readings of zinc levels in oysters, some say lower amount of zinc, some highers, but this is what stands out the most.

i.e a diet high in milk, orange juice and dark roast coffee; adding in oysters to increase the zinc content if needed for balance of minerals.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

The zinc. Oysters are the food highest in zinc.
View attachment 39033
100 grams of canned oysters have 91mg of zinc. The equal amount would be around 1500 grams of ground beef.

Of course there are varied readings of zinc levels in oysters, some say lower amount of zinc, some highers, but this is what stands out the most.

i.e a diet high in milk, orange juice and dark roast coffee; adding in oysters to increase the zinc content if needed for balance of minerals.
and... to go all in... Why is ZINC important? sorry I know this can be a very long convo... but I might as well ask...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals