PETA Calls For a Strike on Sex With Meat-Eating Men

“To cope with the surging almond demand, farmers have been drilling into the ground to tap into aquifers.

"Overpumping of aquifers threatens infrastructure like roads, which stand to collapse into sunken ground," said The Atlantic. It could also trigger earthquakes, explained a seminal piece by Mother Jones last year.

Another knock-on effect is the collapse of honeybee colonies. California uses about 60 per cent of the US's managed honeybees to pollinate the almond trees, but up to 25 per cent are dying from the pesticides.“

“Rice farming is responsible for up to 1.5 per cent of the world's greenhouse gas emissions and produces a gas more than 30 times as potent as carbon dioxide.”

“The dairy industry contributes about 3 per cent to global greenhouse gas emissions.

Making the switch to organic milk can make a difference. Apart from avoiding all the pesticides, organic milk production uses as much as 35 per cent less fossil energy than conventional milk production.“

“If you thought you were being environmentally responsible by swapping traditional dairy for almond milk, think again. Unfortunately your morning almond latte, even if drunk from a reusable coffee cup, is having a negative impact on the world's bee populations. Specifically, those in California where up to 90% of the world's almonds come from.

The Cut picked up a report published in The Guardian this week, detailing how the dramatic rise in popularity of almonds - and specifically of almond milk in America - has led to the devastation of the US bee population, 'wiping out billions of honeybees in a matter of months'.”

InChristAlone

there really is a pet mania nowadays. It is staggering considering pets used to be working farm animals that would guard the herd/farm and cats would take care of any rodents.

Was thinking of making a thread about this. People calling their pets their "daughter/son". Couples having a dog instead of a child and taking it to day care where workers are instructed to call them "dog mom/dad". Spending outrageous amounts of money on pets clothing, sleeping with their dogs, french kissing dogs, spending the majority of their free time playing with dogs, etc.

The people I know who were born in the late 1930s-1940s are outraged by this phenomenon and they all think this overcompensation due to personal relationship failures.
Pets developed neotenous appearance to subdue the apex predator on earth into spending all their time feeding them and cleaning their waste and working to be able to afford this. But it is human beings' fault for interfering with them to this extent (overdomestication has them stuck in evolutionary adolescence and now they're increasingly helpless)

Fertility rate is dropping and a lot of those people are misanthropic so this is the replacement. Having a pet also does not require you to be held accountable for your behaviour to receive "loyalty" and "affection". Pets wont talk back, judge you and are submissive to get food. Humans are prone to anthropomorphizing these traits and interpreting them as "pure love/friendship"
This was a great post! I have some family members who treat their dog as their daughter. It's disgusting to me.

Abundant Life

I remember a number of years ago there was a video from Purdue or some chicken processing facility where a worker kicked a chicken. PETA was quick to pick this up and provide further exposure on social media. The whole Twitter verse was ablaze about that kick to the chicken. Celebrities got involved too.

I also remember during that pandemic last year a very prominent doctor was involved in an experiment using flesh eating sand flies on beagles to see if the dogs could get infected. On top of that the vocal cords of the beagles were cut so they wouldn't hear the amount of suffering. The question I have is where was PETA? Where were all these animal rights celebrities? Not a single peep.

A guy kicks a chicken, PETA and celebrities go crazy! Ripping the vocal cords of beagles and have them get eaten by flesh eating sand flies... no one cares!

TheCalciumCad

This was a great post! I have some family members who treat their dog as their daughter. It's disgusting to me.
We've been shamed so much by culture into "humans bad!" that people are very repressed emotionally. They have little empathy for others and have made pets their emotional outlet. Most don't have the energy for children if they're honest with themselves...if they even can have them after the vaxx.

InChristAlone

We've been shamed so much by culture into "humans bad!" that people are very repressed emotionally. They have little empathy for others and have made pets their emotional outlet. Most don't have the energy for children if they're honest with themselves...if they even can have them after the vaxx.
Yes. We have an epidemic of narcissism due to stunted mental/emotional development. They aren't really choosing to be a narcissist it's just a result of not developing into an adult from trauma or enmeshment with Mommy.

orangebear

Most don't have the energy for children if they're honest with themselves...if they even can have them after the vaxx.
Precisely why I am not looking to have kids until I fix my energy levels and such. My parents gave me a crappy upbringing and I don't want to give my kids the same.

TheCalciumCad

Precisely why I am not looking to have kids until I fix my energy levels and such. My parents gave me a crappy upbringing and I don't want to give my kids the same.

If you're weird, read this masterwork.

1664918012572.png

joaquin

Its not just disgusting to you, it is universally disgusting. Folks that think of animals having the same rights that God gave to man is a signal that we are at the end of the world. Man was made in the image of God and when folks would rather own dogs than have children its all over.

InChristAlone

Its not just disgusting to you, it is universally disgusting. Folks that think of animals having the same rights that God gave to man is a signal that we are at the end of the world. Man was made in the image of God and when folks would rather own dogs than have children its all over.
Yeah I do believe the end is nearing. They are preparing to rebuild the temple as we speak in Israel.

Mossy

2nd Samuel 12:1-4

1 And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

2 The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:

3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.

Runenight201

If you're weird, read this masterwork.

View attachment 43097
Got a pdf?

Lmao poor confused lions! Wonder what he was thinking :oops:

Eh, my "ugly" sisters are still my sisters, I hope they figure it out soon :): And you don't need to spell out Sexual Market Value, I'm pretty sure everyone here has come across the term at some point

edited because.

Poor guy was schizophrenic and convinced that his god commanded purpose was to convert the lions to Christianity. Good example of the danger of religiosity, in that it allows for the suspension of rational thought for faith. But schizophrenics will do very irrational dangerous things regardless of religiosity, and the mind can convince itself to do anything if pushed there, so I do think there’s a bigger danger to our individual psyches than the seduction of blind faith.

Yes. We have an epidemic of narcissism due to stunted mental/emotional development. They aren't really choosing to be a narcissist it's just a result of not developing into an adult from trauma or enmeshment with Mommy.

I saw on r/science an article about how the pandemic stunted the development of many young adults, and other commenters who were in the schooling system saw the same stunting in children as well. I personally felt myself really get torn apart, so there’s definitely something systemically going on with this new nature of how we’re living. It’s not good. In general I believe we are damaging our ability to connect and empathize with each other.

Makrosky

You need to reframe your narrative mate. That's quite unfair for you and for your parents.

Luann

Poor guy was schizophrenic and convinced that his god commanded purpose was to convert the lions to Christianity.
That explains a lot. At my last job, we sometimes handled formal complaints made by people with mental illnesses. Those took a long time as you never want to turn them away just on the basis of their condition. It's important to find out how much truth is in them

@Mossy a powerful story. no two people have the same experiences in life :)

joaquin

1 And the LORD sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.

3 But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

4 And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
We see that in verse 4 the poor man served his lamb, a meal that is, to the visitor. The animal was eaten.

InChristAlone

It was a parable to show King David how wrong he was in his own sin (also you must know Jewish people used hyperbole often as well). The tenderness with which the poor man cared for his only lamb was to show how Uriah like the poor man had only one wife who was to him as his own soul and David came and murdered Uriah to take his wife as his own. Here is a good commentary on it:

He fetched a compass with a parable, which seemed to David as a complaint made to him by Nathan against one of his subjects that had wronged his poor neighbour, in order to his redressing the injury and punishing the injurious. Nathan, it is likely, used to come to him upon such errands, which made this the less suspected. It becomes those who have interest in princes, and have free access to them, to intercede for those that are wronged, that they may have justice done them. (1.) Nathan represented to David a grievous injury which a rich man had done to an honest neighbour that was not able to contend with him: The rich man had many flocks and herds (v. 2); the poor man had one lamb only; so unequally is the world divided; and yet infinite wisdom, righteousness, and goodness, make the distribution, that the rich may learn charity and the poor contentment. This poor man had but one lamb, a ewe-lamb, a little ewe-lamb, having not wherewithal to buy or keep more. But it was a cade—lamb (as we call it); it grew up with his children, v. 3. He was fond of it, and it was familiar with him at all times. The rich man, having occasion for a lamb to entertain a friend with, took the poor man's lamb from him by violence and made use of that (v. 4), either out of covetousness, because he grudged to make use of his own, or rather out of luxury, because he fancied the lamb that was thus tenderly kept, and ate and drank like a child, must needs be more delicate food than any of his own and have a better relish. (2.) In this he showed him the evil of the sin he had been guilty of in defiling Bath-sheba. He had many wives and concubines, whom he kept at a distance, as rich men keep their flocks in their fields. Had he had but one, and had she been dear to him, as the ewe-lamb was to its owner, had she been dear to him as the loving hind and the pleasant roe, her breasts would have satisfied him at all times, and he would have looked no further, Prov 5 19. Marriage is a remedy against fornication, but marrying many is not; for, when once the law of unity is transgressed, the indulged lust will hardly stint itself. Uriah, like the poor man, had only one wife, who was to him as his own soul, and always lay in his bosom, for he had no other, he desired no other, to lie there. The traveller or wayfaring man was, as bishop Patrick explains it from the Jewish writers, the evil imagination, disposition, or desire, which came into David's heart, which he might have satisfied with some of his own, yet nothing would serve but Uriah's darling. They observe that this evil disposition is called a traveller, for in the beginning it is only so, but, in time, it becomes a guest, and, in conclusion, is master of the house. For he that is called a traveller in the beginning of the verse is called a man (ish—a husband) in the close of it. Yet some observe that in David's breast lust was but as a wayfaring man that tarries only for a night; it did not constantly dwell and rule there. (3.) By this parable he drew from David a sentence against himself. For David supposing it to be a case in fact, and not doubting the truth of it when he had it from Nathan himself, gave judgment immediately against the offender, and confirmed it with an oath, v. 5, 6. [1.] That, for his injustice in taking away the lamb, he should restore four-fold, according to the law (Exod 22 1), four sheep for a sheep. [2.] That for his tyranny and cruelty, and the pleasure he took in abusing a poor man, he should be put to death. If a poor man steal from a rich man, to satisfy his soul when he is hungry, he shall make restitution, though it cost him all the substance of his house, Prov 6 30, 31 (and Solomon there compares the sin of adultery with that, v. 32); but if a rich man steal for stealing sake, not for want but wantonness, merely that he may be imperious and vexatious, he deserves to die for it, for to him the making of restitution is no punishment, or next to none. If the sentence be thought too severe, it must be imputed to the present roughness of David's temper, being under guilt, and not having himself as yet received mercy.

InChristAlone

2 Samuel 12:3
But the poor [man] had nothing, save one little ewe lamb

Uriah had but one wife, who was much younger than he, called a lamb, an ewe lamb, a little one. Abarbinel thinks Uriah had been a widower; and had children by another wife, supposed in the parable, and was much older than Bathsheba:

which he had bought;
for men in those times and countries did not receive portions with their wives, but gave dowries to them, and for them:

and nourished up;
as his own flesh, as husbands should their wives, ( Ephesians 5:29 ) ;

and it grew up together with him, and with his children;
which Kimchi also supposes Uriah had by a former wife:

it did eat of his own meat, and drink of his own cup, and lay in his
bosom, and was unto him as a daughter
;
all which are expressive of the care, kindness, love, and tenderness of a loving husband, whose affections are endeared to his wife, making her partaker of all he has, and to share in whatever he eats and drinks, and in his dearest embraces; and as there were instances of creatures, lambs and others, particularly tame or pet lambs, used in this way in a literal sense, to which the reference in the parable is, David had no suspicion of it being a parable. Bochart F17 has given many instances of creatures nourished and brought up in such a familiar manner.

The passage isn't literally saying the lamb was a daughter, but that the lamb was tenderly cared for like someone raises a daughter. Yes pets are cared for in this manner and it isn't wrong, I myself have two guinea pigs we tenderly care for, but my own children are far above the guinea pigs in status and I would never call the guinea pigs my sons.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom