Piety made me insane. Religion is a brain-devouring cancer.

OP
W

worrywart

I do appreciate all the replies, including the ones I haven't directly addressed, thanks all.

Hugh Johnson

I certainly do man. You can PM me if you want.
It's not a secret, I just prefer not to push my views.

I'm what you might call a new ager or spiritual. Religion is a bunch of rules and dogma, but there is a genuine teaching there. What has served me, and would imo serve you is to use your own experience and intellect to approach God. Religious teaching are so confused because they are corrupted. So among the truth, they teach you rules, shame and fear to control you.

Each person seeks the Creator in their own way. Whichever way you choose, it'll be tough and it'll liberate you from this suffering shame and other nonsense. And if you choose not to seek there is no judgement.

How to seek the truth is to trust your own interests. If something makes you inspired, loved and blissful, that is the right path. With the caveat that you will have to face your own traumas and false beliefs at times, and that will be painful.

Reading the Bible can be your path although you must sort out the corruption from the truth.

You appear to me as a thinker. So I would suggest The Law of One, aka The Ra material, as something to check out.

I had my first experience of the presence of the Creator when I listened to Rupert Spira. I recommend checking him out. Unmani is at the moment my favourite nondual teacher. I recall spending months just listened to Spira and experiencing utter bliss.

The Creator is not out there. He is closer to you than your own breath. There is no judgement for God could not condenm Himself. You are an eternal being of infinite value, loved beyond all measure. And knowing this only requires turning inward, to your own heart, which is the heart of God.

Easier said than done, of course. There is a saying "Seeing is believing." But the fact is that this is a free will universe. So it bends over backwards to try prove your beliefs correct. You need at least an openess to see the truth, which is why I asked before writing this.

I'll just link to people I found helpful. I hope you check them out. The way to choose who to listen is your own interest, efforting is not very productive. Relax and enjoy.

For nondual experience:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMLyELgmCU

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmetvtcPoc

Academic philosopher Bernardo Kasrtup has so far been undefeated by the materialists in debates. What I am talking about is not dogma, it the most solid philosophical system, and is coherent with empirical experiments.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNA63KfkAsE

Skeptiko podcast has been discussing the science of the "supernatural"

This channel reads from many sources. Here is Ra material, and I suggest checking out the messages from Jesus on his channel since you clearly have a relationship with him. And he is the greatest teacher this planet has known.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Q7o2izP88

Teal Swan has great advice for pretty much all human level issues. Other stuff you might consider are Sedona Method, Ho'oponopono, Kryon, Crimson Circle, Brian Scott etc.

I hope you find that interesting. Have fun it.

Waynish

Why couldn't it be that piety and other teachings were perverted? That's a healthier response. Why wouldn't evil's favorite position to be disguised as good?

Peater

Sounds weird doesn't it? There's a lot of weird stuff in the bible
Where does it say that? I am genuinely curious. I remember there's a bit about circumcision will not benefit you (Your soul)

What is it about religion and mutilating baby boys? What sort of neural pathways and personality traits is that gonna set up?

I remember everyone losing their ***t over FGM. MGM? Who cares.

it sounds weird but it is simple. Uncircumcised for men means that the feeling is numbed on their most tender part (at least while it is covering it- not gonna be more graphic). Having a circumcision exposes the sensitive area to all stimulus constantly, at least in concept, I am not a man.

Having an uncircumcised heart is being apathetic about evil, it doesn't affect your heart.

You've got it backwards. The glans eventually goes dry and loses feeling without the protective layer, never mind the loss of the nerves on the frenulum.

Almost like God put it there for a reason...

Perry Staltic

Not my first interaction with arrogant Catholics, mind you. That hauteur and cruelty are nothing new to me.

Your English is too good. You said you live in a 3rd world country, so are you the child of missionaries?

Perry Staltic

The Creator is not out there. He is closer to you than your own breath. There is no judgement for God could not condenm Himself

Pantheism essentially. To say that there is no judgment and God could not condemn himself means that you entirely miss the point of Christianity. God does judge wrongful deeds, otherwise he would not be just, and he did in fact condemn "himself" for our wrongdoings. And he is in fact "out there" dwelling in the holiest place and only in this physical realm via his spirit.

Perry Staltic

Where does it say that? I am genuinely curious. I remember there's a bit about circumcision will not benefit you (Your soul)

What is it about religion and mutilating baby boys? What sort of neural pathways and personality traits is that gonna set up?

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. KJV

To answer your other question, here are some comments I made previously (so I don't have to retype them)

Momma

It's not a secret, I just prefer not to push my views.

I'm what you might call a new ager or spiritual. Religion is a bunch of rules and dogma, but there is a genuine teaching there. What has served me, and would imo serve you is to use your own experience and intellect to approach God. Religious teaching are so confused because they are corrupted. So among the truth, they teach you rules, shame and fear to control you.

Each person seeks the Creator in their own way. Whichever way you choose, it'll be tough and it'll liberate you from this suffering shame and other nonsense. And if you choose not to seek there is no judgement.

How to seek the truth is to trust your own interests. If something makes you inspired, loved and blissful, that is the right path. With the caveat that you will have to face your own traumas and false beliefs at times, and that will be painful.

Reading the Bible can be your path although you must sort out the corruption from the truth.

You appear to me as a thinker. So I would suggest The Law of One, aka The Ra material, as something to check out.

I had my first experience of the presence of the Creator when I listened to Rupert Spira. I recommend checking him out. Unmani is at the moment my favourite nondual teacher. I recall spending months just listened to Spira and experiencing utter bliss.

The Creator is not out there. He is closer to you than your own breath. There is no judgement for God could not condenm Himself. You are an eternal being of infinite value, loved beyond all measure. And knowing this only requires turning inward, to your own heart, which is the heart of God.

Easier said than done, of course. There is a saying "Seeing is believing." But the fact is that this is a free will universe. So it bends over backwards to try prove your beliefs correct. You need at least an openess to see the truth, which is why I asked before writing this.

I'll just link to people I found helpful. I hope you check them out. The way to choose who to listen is your own interest, efforting is not very productive. Relax and enjoy.

For nondual experience:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UgMLyELgmCU

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmetvtcPoc

Academic philosopher Bernardo Kasrtup has so far been undefeated by the materialists in debates. What I am talking about is not dogma, it the most solid philosophical system, and is coherent with empirical experiments.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CNA63KfkAsE

Skeptiko podcast has been discussing the science of the "supernatural"

This channel reads from many sources. Here is Ra material, and I suggest checking out the messages from Jesus on his channel since you clearly have a relationship with him. And he is the greatest teacher this planet has known.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Q7o2izP88

Teal Swan has great advice for pretty much all human level issues. Other stuff you might consider are Sedona Method, Ho'oponopono, Kryon, Crimson Circle, Brian Scott etc.

I hope you find that interesting. Have fun

New Age is a “religion”. A particular system of faith. Working well for you, but terribly misguided.

Perry Staltic

Why couldn't it be that piety and other teachings were perverted? That's a healthier response. Why wouldn't evil's favorite position to be disguised as good?

That's the way it's been from the beginning

God: "Adam, you can do anything you want, just don't eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, because if you do you will die" (part left unsaid: "Because when you know evil you will no longer be able to abide in my presence").

Devil: "Did God really say you couldn't eat that fruit? Look how desirable it is. God wouldn't keep anything that good from you."

Perry Staltic

You've got it backwards. The glans eventually goes dry and loses feeling without the protective layer, never mind the loss of the nerves on the frenulum.

Almost like God put it there for a reason...

Also, it doesn't get smegmated.

Like working gloves

Last edited:

Perry Staltic

lol why did I read Corinthians?

So according to their logic Christians should take the mark of the beast because the authorities say so. Or conform to every other satanic imperative they make. They were simply being ignorant calling pirating software sin. To them it would be sin because they have no faith (in that particular matter). To the pure all things are pure. However, there is some truth to what they said, but not from a righteous-before-God standpoint, but from one of expediency. Doing illegal things can put us under a cloud of fear of judgment (by them), so avoiding those things is expedient for both not being encumbered by fear and for conscience's sake, because those in authority who's conscience has been offended by what you do can do you harm. In Paul's case, he simply didn't want to do anything that would offend anyone

But conscience, I say, is not the one of yourself, but the one of the other. For why is my freedom judged by another's conscience? But if I partake by grace, why am I evil spoken of because of that for which I give thanks? Then whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all things to the glory of GOD. Be without offense both to Jews and Greeks, and to the assembly of GOD. Even as I also please all in all things, not seeking my own advantage, but that of the many, that they may be saved. 1 Corinthians 10:29-33

Last edited:

Hugh Johnson

New Age is a “religion”. A particular system of faith. Working well for you, but terribly misguided.
Hardly. There is no dogma, no priesthood, no holy writings, no authorities and no central organisation. Each person chooses their own views, and there is no required beliefs or behaviours.

Momma

Hardly. There is no dogma, no priesthood, no holy writings, no authorities and no central organisation. Each person chooses their own views, and there is no required beliefs or behaviours.
The dogma: is there is none. The “teachings”: you have some posted above. The faith: is yourself or within yourself.

I am wretched, blind and utterly lost without something bigger than myself. It’s great I suppose that your life’s circumstances haven’t led you there.

New Ageism is a faith. Even atheism is a faith- a faith that they are right believing in nothing.

Perry Staltic

That would make for a great bible verse using "smegmated in heart" rather than "uncircumcised in heart" lol.

DBCoast

“Spiritual but not religious”

“All religions have a bit of the truth and get at the same thing”

“I’m just against organized religion”

“I don’t need a man-made institution to find God”

Your enemy is wringing it’s hands. Nobody does this anymore due to the automatic argumentative culture the internet has created, but if you can, think about whether these ideas have been planted to destroy. Where did you hear these things? “Organized religion” is their greatest foe, and they’ve done an excellent job of eroding it throughout the centuries.

Hugh Johnson

The dogma: is there is none. The “teachings”: you have some posted above. The faith: is yourself or within yourself.

I am wretched, blind and utterly lost without something bigger than myself. It’s great I suppose that your life’s circumstances haven’t led you there.

New Ageism is a faith. Even atheism is a faith- a faith that they are right believing in nothing.
That was incoherent. It is also a straw man. The Creator is greater than I.

Anyway you can believe what you want. But OP has suffered greatly under the the oppressive religious dogma and incoherent belief structures. Maybe you can allow him to think for himself.

Hugh Johnson

“Spiritual but not religious”

“All religions have a bit of the truth and get at the same thing”

“I’m just against organized religion”

“I don’t need a man-made institution to find God”

Your enemy is wringing it’s hands. Nobody does this anymore due to the automatic argumentative culture the internet has created, but if you can, think about whether these ideas have been planted to destroy. Where did you hear these things? “Organized religion” is their greatest foe, and they’ve done an excellent job of eroding it throughout the centuries.
So is your position that only one religion is correct? All of the world is wrong, and thousands who have dedicated their lives to seeking found nothing while one organisation, with its constantly changing beliefs and practices is the eternal unchanging truth?

And you must have the approved priest of the one true religion to reach God? Because their studies, practices and beliefs, which were very different two thousand years ago when it was founded are somehow the untainted eternal truth?

Am I characterizing your beliefs accurately?

Peater

Attachments

• foreskin.jpg
    foreskin.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 228

Momma

That was incoherent. It is also a straw man. The Creator is greater than I.

Anyway you can believe what you want. But OP has suffered greatly under the the oppressive religious dogma and incoherent belief structures. Maybe you can allow him to think for himself.
I have never addressed the OP with anything but compassion and support. I see religion confuse far too often. Especially shallow “belief”. You will get to the end of Yourself one day. I wish you the best.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals