Post Your Experience With B1 Here.

Dr. B

This video is very good. He talks about the best test for thiamine at about 6 minutes in. He calls it an incorrect name but then quickly corrects himself :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

Gave me blurred vision after taking 100mg for 3 days in a row. Scared me silly and almost had to call out of work. I promptly threw out the rest of the bottle.
wow mate what brand was it
@mostlylurking what would cause that effect is it the carbonic anhydrase inhibition
I was gonna try out 500mg every other day... just once a day every other day

mostlylurking

Oysters do help a little bit. I was eating them everyday , but can’t eat them often now
Ray Peat suggests eating them once a week for the trace minerals. He says it is safer to rely on them than on supplements for trace minerals.

Motif

It’s not that easy to get beef liver where I’m from. Maybe every two to three weeks.

I’d love to have a safe copper supplement.
Beef kidney sounds interesting

Dr. B

it was the Whole Foods 365 brand
what effects did you get, anything else besides blurry vision? was it a significant change in vision? taking any other supplements? any signs of increased CO2? better metabolism?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

it was the Whole Foods 365 brand
Has the typical supplement additives. I am not trying to say that it couldn’t possibly be B1, but I had a similar experience with niacinamide. At first I tried one product with rice flour and I didn‘t tolerate a relatively low amount that well in terms of well-being. Then I got myself a pure niacinamide supplement and can take lots of it with good effects.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It’s not that easy to get beef liver where I’m from. Maybe every two to three weeks.

Have you looked online? I think there are services that ship frozen pasture-raised liver / meat. Then you bulk up and freeze it.

I think ruminant liver is the best source of copper, properly complexed.

Have you tried the Root Cause Protocol by Morley Robbins? Maybe even try some consultation with their practitioners. They specialize in copper metabolism. Maybe not everyone benefits from it, but in your situation it may really be worth it.

professor_sue

Which form is best? I've been taking 100mg of thiamine mononitrate for a couple days and I was hoping for improved digestion, but it's actually gone the other way. I'm very bloated currently and constipated. Maybe it's because I also took some B2 a couple days ago as well and that seems to always cause digestive issues.

But my question is, which is best to try: TTFD or thiamine HCL?
I've had pretty good results with Thiamine HCl. I've read that the monotrate is synthetic. I am somewhat sensitive to sulfur so no TTFD, although that one is recommended by Dr. Lonsdale on his Hormone Balance website; Elliott of EON Nutrition also recommends that one as well. Experiment and see what works best. The HCl is well-tolerated, for me, anyway. I take at least 500 mg a day with a pure B1 supplement, a B complex and then Parasym Plus, for vagal nerve regulation, constipation/IBS. It has B1 and other stuff to help with IBS, constipation etc.

lilsticky

nate hatch has said something about food preparation producing oxythiamine which is an anti-nutrient. this detail seems pretty overlooked imo

Motif

Have you looked online? I think there are services that ship frozen pasture-raised liver / meat. Then you bulk up and freeze it.

I think ruminant liver is the best source of copper, properly complexed.

Have you tried the Root Cause Protocol by Morley Robbins? Maybe even try some consultation with their practitioners. They specialize in copper metabolism. Maybe not everyone benefits from it, but in your situation it may really be worth it.

would be worth a try!

I did look into rcp, but no zinc supplement just doesn’t work for me.

Do they have any weak digestion advices too btw?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

would be worth a try!

I did look into rcp, but no zinc supplement just doesn’t work for me.

Do they have any weak digestion advices too btw?
Alright, I see! I’d guess that they think that low stomach acid and poor digestion is due to low energy production due to lack of bioavailable copper.

Dr. B

nate hatch has said something about food preparation producing oxythiamine which is an anti-nutrient. this detail seems pretty overlooked imo
what food prpe methods cause that?
is it just heating and cooking or something else
i think fish and certain foods, maybe grains have anti thiamine things, thiaminases i think
but grain would normally have thiamine... processed grains often are enriched with thiamine and iron and etc

Runenight201

Has the typical supplement additives. I am not trying to say that it couldn’t possibly be B1, but I had a similar experience with niacinamide. At first I tried one product with rice flour and I didn‘t tolerate a relatively low amount that well in terms of well-being. Then I got myself a pure niacinamide supplement and can take lots of it with good effects.

I usually take similar OTC products for caffeine, vitamin c, calcium, taurine etc... and still regularly do and never get blurry vision from those. It is better tho to get products without all the fluff, just hard to find in stores.

what effects did you get, anything else besides blurry vision? was it a significant change in vision? taking any other supplements? any signs of increased CO2? better metabolism?

I had pushed myself fairly hard that day and hadn't eaten well and made a somewhat strenuous walk for groceries on a scorching day. I was overheated from my activity in such an environment. I definitely felt stressed and I'm sure that exacerbated the blurred vision symptom.

I had taken caffeine and aspirin with the b1. I like making little pill packs.

Dr. B

I usually take similar OTC products for caffeine, vitamin c, calcium, taurine etc... and still regularly do and never get blurry vision from those. It is better tho to get products without all the fluff, just hard to find in stores.

I had pushed myself fairly hard that day and hadn't eaten well and made a somewhat strenuous walk for groceries on a scorching day. I was overheated from my activity in such an environment. I definitely felt stressed and I'm sure that exacerbated the blurred vision symptom.

im not sure if thats overkill to use all those together...
all those are blood sugar lowering agents arent they
aspirin additionally inhibits fatty acid oxidation, i dont think the other two do that?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Caffeine, aspirin (or niacinamide) and B1 is really potent, man. You better be well-fueled and have caloric sufficiency beforehand.

I think B1 really needs magnesium to work properly (and vice versa) and a little bit of potassium from something like 8-10oz of orange juice. I observed slight arrhythmia sometimes without sufficient amounts of these electrolytes when taking B1.

Ismail

Is there much difference between beef and lamb liver from a peat perspective? Thanks ?

Ismail

D
Ttfd seems pretty dopaminergic. Taking 100-300mg everyday for the past couple of days. Feel an increase in body temp, increase in mood and well being and feel more willing to take voluntary action. (Less internal monologue and feel far more practical in doing day to day things)
Do you take anything else with TTFD?

Are you taking Elliot’s Thiamax product?

Ismail

I definitely feel the same. My body temperature and pulse seem almost un-disruptable on high dose B1. It‘s also one B-vitamin that doesn‘t seem to crash my blood glucose, like niacinamide or biotin sometimes can. Felt fine taking 500mg B1 with magnesium on an empty stomach.
The last days on B1 I have done so much fun stuff, because I just had so much energy.
Are you also taking a B-complex? (along with the B1 and magnesium and potassium via food you mentioned above).

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Are you also taking a B-complex? (along with the B1 and magnesium and potassium via food you mentioned above).
No, but I take other isolated B-vitamins as well. Mainly high dose niacinamide and biotin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals