Progesterone

Amosya

Spdsk8trgrl said:
@amosya make sure you eliminate all wheat/gluten from your diet. That was the thing that worked on my daughters eczema. You can visit the wheat belly blog online for details on wheat issues.

Thank you @Spdsk8trgrl for the advice! I'll check the blog as I do think gluten and wheat seems to make the eczema flare up easily!

David

How do you accurately measure the 3 drops of Progest-E to be sure it's 10 mg?

Kelly

I find it easy to get individual drops when it's room temperature. I got three drops on my finger to get an idea of what it looks like, now I can eyeball how much to squeeze out of the bottle when it's cold.

David

What's the benefit of repeatedly taking 10mg of Progest-E over the course of several hours to equal 50 - 100mg, rather than taking 1 - 3 larger doses of around 30mg - 100mg at once?

Isadora

OK, I just took a tiny drop of Progest-E and my head is spinning.

I wouldn't drive a car in this condition, for instance.

It reminds me of the time when I had food poisoning and they put me on hydrocortisone.

And I feel like a claw at the back of my neck.

Overall, I'd say it's rather unpleasant.

I'll keep looking on this forum to see if anyone else had this, I can't be the only one. Right?

Isadora

I'm still dizzy BUT my fingers are less swollen -- I can even fit on them rings that I couldn't wear anymore.

This is scary. And there is absolutely no more pain.

I looked up hydrocortisone and it's, well, cortisol. Does this mean that I just converted massively progesterone into cortisol? Would that explain the immediate anti-inflammatory effect and pain control? How can a tiny drop have such a massive, immediate impact?

I'm not sure this is a good thing, though...

Isadora

To end my Progest-E drop saga: I went into a full blown panic attack, hyperventilation, angina, etc. Took 5mg of Valium to counteract that. Still couldn't sleep for hours and felt terrible. When I finally settled down, I noticed my fingers were hurting again. The way of cortisol/whatever it was had passed. This morning, I looked terrible, I had blue circles under my eyes amd a swollen face, really the picture of someone who's been through a terrible stress...

I promised myself I wouldn't come close to that stuff again. It's just not for me. I ordered all the books recommended here, including all of Peat's books, who knows, maybe I'll find some answers to why it is that I react so negatively to progesterone supplementation.

For full disclosure, I also went online and looked for more testimonials and found this (warning, scaremongering with pics of breast cancer, etc.)

Given that I just lived through two cancer scares, the angiogenic effect of Progesterone doesn't encourage me either.

inatic

David said:
What's the benefit of repeatedly taking 10mg of Progest-E over the course of several hours to equal 50 - 100mg, rather than taking 1 - 3 larger doses of around 30mg - 100mg at once?
i think the reason is that it isnt micronized like my compounded progesterone oral capsules were so that helps keep the level stable.

My experience with this is that it not potent for me at least. Compounded oral micronized progesterone (it is bioidentical) was 200mg and it after all said and done should give you 15-20mg.

I thought, being this was a wee diff, that could do 15-20mg (equal of said drops) well my hormones super crashed and my hair is falling out faster than anything, im freaked.

I wrote Peat (after visiting my dermotologist) who wants me to use minoxidil and spirolactone) and asked what i can do. He told me, to replace my 200mg of compound, I needed a half teaspoon, ideally spread through out the day.. the 3x8drops that i was doing was NO WHERE near the amt of drops needed...

Honestly, after this.. I think im done messing with this and will go back to the compounded. At least i knew it worked. Im scared to wait around to see if now at a higher dose it will.

flaviom

Progesterone is truly miraculous if you are under stress or have some sort of damage, or inflammation going on. I use it quite often but it tends to make me extremely horny, too horny for my taste actually. I'm a male btw...

gretchen

Those of you who are peri menopausal, what is your dosage schedule? I feel like I need progesterone nearly every day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
flaviom said:
Progesterone is truly miraculous if you are under stress or have some sort of damage, or inflammation going on. I use it quite often but it tends to make me extremely horny, too horny for my taste actually. I'm a male btw...

Flavio, how much do you take?

Birdie

I just found this from peatarian:

I once gave a man I know my progest-e (because I thought it was a good idea). I checked with Ray Peat because I wasn't sure. Here is his answer: "Why is he using progesterone? Pregnenolone is easier for a man to use, since if testosterone is low, progesterone could lower it even more. If his cholesterol is above average, just taking thyroid could increase those steroids."

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie thank you for reposting that.

Maybe I should try the pregnenolone again. I get this darn stress response from it though. Messes up my sleep and everything. :(

J

j.

Charlie said:

Maybe I should try the pregnenolone again. I get this darn stress response from it though. Messes up my sleep and everything. :(

Wild speculation: I read that taking it too much can be stressful. Maybe taking half will work?

Birdie

Charlie said:

I forgot about that. Gee, my husband and I take it at bedtime and "think" it helps our sleep. And we take about 100mg. A lot.

Could you tell me how much and when you took it? Did the stress response start right away? Do you get rapid heartbeat or breathlessness or what for your stress response?

Just saw J's response. J, where did you read that? It makes sense to me that half would be good to try. I never read that a lot could be a stress. It's news.

Birdie

Another idea. Maybe take the pregnenolone with salt which helps to lower adrenalin. And calcium. Cheese... Your cottage cheese.

Birdie

j. said:
Will post my source if I remember it, sorry.

I can hardly ever remember stray sources.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:

Wild speculation: I read that taking it too much can be stressful. Maybe taking half will work?

I tried super low doses. No good.

Birdie said:
Could you tell me how much and when you took it? Did the stress response start right away? Do you get rapid heartbeat or breathlessness or what for your stress response?

I have tried big doses like you, 100 mgs a day, or even more. I have tried small doses of 5 or 10 mgs. I always took it for breakfast and lunch.

I would get anxiety, not sleep well, just an all around generally stressed out feeling.

Birdie said:
Another idea. Maybe take the pregnenolone with salt which helps to lower adrenalin. And calcium. Cheese... Your cottage cheese.

I always had salt and sugar with it along with plenty of milk. So I dunno.

Attachments

• Charlie_Mathers_RR111724820TH.jpg
    Charlie_Mathers_RR111724820TH.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 59

Isadora

Charlie said:
I would get anxiety, not sleep well, just an all around generally stressed out feeling.

Did you get dark circles under your eyes, Charlie?

I received the pregnenolone I ordered today and I'm simply afraid that I'll turn it into cortisol and then again look like I just came off a transatlantic flight or something for a couple of days, like after progesterone... :shifty:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals