Question about B12.

I'm.No.One

So I'm pretty sure I'm severely B12 deficient especially since beginning Thorne b complex #12 + brewers yeast (hot water method) consistently I am seeing a reduction in symptoms.

Anyhow my question is yesterday I used sublingual B12 for the first time, from solgar, methylated variety, & in like 5-10 mins I felt euphoria?

Damn near felt like the first time I used cypro.

I plan on starting weekly B12 injections next week at a local clinic (again, methylated variety) so wanted to be sure I was building up my levels before then (as well as potassium) as to reduce the unpleasant rebound some folks experience in the beginning.

Is the sedation an indication of how depleted I am? Something else?

I live a high stress life + have MTHFR so I know I'm absolutely raging through basically all b vitamins.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Going to bump this with an update:

Got my first B12 about an hour or so ago & it was like I felt every inch of stress/tension just melt away from my body.

On the long drive home (it's an hour from the place that gives them) I was just chill.

No 24/7 thinking about a million different issues, no worries, just enjoying the music and the fall landscape.

It also felt like I could breathe effortlessly, not that I ever had a problem breathing. I guess it just felt smoother if that made sense.

I plan to keep these weekly injections up for 5 weeks then step onto the sublingual.

Anyone here take injections? Feel calm versus jittery from B12 in large doses?

I suspect it points to a severe deficiency but just would love to have a back & forth about it!

Going to bump this with an update:

Got my first B12 about an hour or so ago & it was like I felt every inch of stress/tension just melt away from my body.

On the long drive home (it's an hour from the place that gives them) I was just chill.

No 24/7 thinking about a million different issues, no worries, just enjoying the music and the fall landscape.

It also felt like I could breathe effortlessly, not that I ever had a problem breathing. I guess it just felt smoother if that made sense.

I plan to keep these weekly injections up for 5 weeks then step onto the sublingual.

Anyone here take injections? Feel calm versus jittery from B12 in large doses?

I suspect it points to a severe deficiency but just would love to have a back & forth about it!
Very interesting. I did serum b12 for the first time in my life a month ago and it is 3x lower than the minimum threshold. So, severely deficient and I'm not a vegan and I eat liver occasionally.
I've got Crohn's, vasculitis, joint pain, immune issues, tinnitus, hearing loss, and a bunch of other issues. Currently, I'm researching intracellular pathogens and after that topic, I plan to investigate b12, methylation, and that whole area.
In what form was the b12 injection you received?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Very interesting. I did serum b12 for the first time in my life a month ago and it is 3x lower than the minimum threshold. So, severely deficient and I'm not a vegan and I eat liver occasionally.
I've got Crohn's, vasculitis, joint pain, immune issues, tinnitus, hearing loss, and a bunch of other issues. Currently, I'm researching intracellular pathogens and after that topic, I plan to investigate b12, methylation, and that whole area.
In what form was the b12 injection you received?
So the thing about B12 is if your gut isn't great it's hard to digest it that's why most sources say once we're low the only way to really correct is injections/sublingual.

I'm using Methylcobalamin for sublingual and injections. Especially because I have like allll the MTHFR mutations.

I will say after reading about the severe long term consequences of an unchecked vitamin B12 deficiency....Don't f*ck around, start building your levels back up immediately before irreversible neurological damage occurs.

Here, check this out: Signs And Symptoms - B12 Deficiency

There's a lot of good info on that sight.

youngsinatra

I take 1000 mcg of methyl-B12 and methylfolate (1:1 ratio) each day. I use a sublingual drops.

I think it improves my brain health and improves detoxification.

AlaskaJono

So the thing about B12 is if your gut isn't great it's hard to digest it that's why most sources say once we're low the only way to really correct is injections/sublingual.

I'm using Methylcobalamin for sublingual and injections. Especially because I have like allll the MTHFR mutations.

I will say after reading about the severe long term consequences of an unchecked vitamin B12 deficiency....Don't f*ck around, start building your levels back up immediately before irreversible neurological damage occurs.

Here, check this out: Signs And Symptoms - B12 Deficiency

There's a lot of good info on that sight.
I have received B-12 in the Myers Cocktail injection recipe. Bunch of B Vits + Vit C, Calcium and Magnesium. The Magnesium makes one to feel chilled out, as it opens up (Relaxes) the veins and arteries, so literally the BP drops a little. Say 10-20%. Check with your Medical person to see it this is in it. This was many years ago (90's) from Naturopathic Doctor friends, and now it is catching on in the Big New Craze in Allopathy Land - "Functional Medicine". I did not have major issues, just minor ones, and wanted a top-up after a winter cold or low period. Definitely it is a booster, that's why recommended regularly for serious issues.

I did use sublingual B12 for a chronic issue for some months 35 years ago. Needs 4-6 months minimum to elevate levels is my understanding.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I have received B-12 in the Myers Cocktail injection recipe. Bunch of B Vits + Vit C, Calcium and Magnesium. The Magnesium makes one to feel chilled out, as it opens up (Relaxes) the veins and arteries, so literally the BP drops a little. Say 10-20%. Check with your Medical person to see it this is in it. This was many years ago (90's) from Naturopathic Doctor friends, and now it is catching on in the Big New Craze in Allopathy Land - "Functional Medicine". I did not have major issues, just minor ones, and wanted a top-up after a winter cold or low period. Definitely it is a booster, that's why recommended regularly for serious issues.

I did use sublingual B12 for a chronic issue for some months 35 years ago. Needs 4-6 months minimum to elevate levels is my understanding.
I asked the same question about the relaxed feeling on a dedicated B12 deficiency group and apparently it's very common but only if you're very low in it.

Basically for the first time in a while my nervous system was able to relax.

Later in the day I had a fair amount of energy but I didn't push myself at all knowing how my mind/body feels are two different things.

As of today (day after shot) my temps are sky high, like 99.1 but it doesn't feel like a fever if that makes sense.

Motorneuron

Hi, if you want to have an accurate measurement that reflects your levels in the organs / tissues you have to do the Methylmalonic acid it seems to me it is called, otherwise I am the B12 in the serum has no great relevance for diagnostic and treatment purposes ... if high, definitely indicates an intracellular deficiency ... but you don't know where.

freyasam

Chiming in to say I found b12 oils which some say absorb as well as the injections. Will be ordering soon. b12oils.com I'm sure I need more b12 too but no health insurance for injections. Perhaps an alternative for some. Sublingual b12 causes mood issues and anxiety for me.

Sublingual b12 causes mood issues and anxiety for me.
What form of B12 were you taking sublingually?
Some methylation issues or MTHFR gene mutations can make you unable to use or convert methyl groups like methylcobalamin.
Chiming in to say I found b12 oils which some say absorb as well as the injections. Will be ordering soon. b12oils.com
Interesting as I would always prefer to use any vitamin topically because I just experienced more absorption and effect when I use any vitamin or hormone topically instead of orally.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Hi, if you want to have an accurate measurement that reflects your levels in the organs / tissues you have to do the Methylmalonic acid it seems to me it is called, otherwise I am the B12 in the serum has no great relevance for diagnostic and treatment purposes ... if high, definitely indicates an intracellular deficiency ... but you don't know where.
Yeah but if it's bottom level low that's a pretty good indicator you have a deficiency.

The MA test is to check for the autoimmune PA issue, which is a whole different situation and would require injections throughout life.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Chiming in to say I found b12 oils which some say absorb as well as the injections. Will be ordering soon. b12oils.com I'm sure I need more b12 too but no health insurance for injections. Perhaps an alternative for some. Sublingual b12 causes mood issues and anxiety for me.
Thanks I'll look into that.

Just an FYI though most people are self injecting or going to a beautician clinic because insurance and/or doctors don't cover as many shots as people typically need.

For example, I can get five shots for $100 at a place near me. Which is only $20 a shot.

freyasam

What form of B12 were you taking sublingually?
Some methylation issues or MTHFR gene mutations can make you unable to use or convert methyl groups like methylcobalamin.

Interesting as I would always prefer to use any vitamin topically because I just experienced more absorption and effect when I use any vitamin or hormone topically instead of orally.
it was methylcobalamin.

Peat doesn't like methylated vitamins either, fyi.

RealNeat

I have revisited Chris Kressers info from around 2017 onward about b12 and he has some good articles and podcasts about it, I linked one in a different thread, but here is another good one.

View: https://youtu.be/uTtvzAsT1og

What is the injected form of b12?

Dean

Were you referred to that website/company by someone(s) who has personal experience with their products?

P

Peatness

I have revisited Chris Kressers info from around 2017 onward about b12 and he has some good articles and podcasts about it, I linked one in a different thread, but here is another good one.

Thanks for posting. If serum levels are high what then? How does one determine if there is a functional deficiency?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Thanks for posting. If serum levels are high what then? How does one determine if there is a functional deficiency?
Get your folate levels checked. High b12 without sups means your body doesn't have the cofactors needed to use it.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I'm using Methylcobalamin for injections as well as sublingual. Seems that Methylcobalamin is the primary one available in the US unless you're self injecting then you can order whatever variety you'd like.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Looking over some labs from last June I had slightly elevated MCV reading, which since I don't drink/liver function/gut is fine points to a B12/folate issue.

Just for anyone who wants to comb over their own labs for that value since most might not be paying attention to that value unless they're side eyeing a b12/folate deficiency.

Some random info:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals