Question about B12.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Folate used to be high as well but now it's within normal range.
How's your potassium? That's also super important for B12 use.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Here's a nice little write up covering the varying reasons B12 can be low, it also includes a list of medicines & such that can deplete B12.

FYI sugar & aspirin are on that list.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Since peating my potassium is really good. I meet my daily requirement daily.
I'd look into the various testing besides blood serum for B12 deficiency. The rabbit hole I just fell down 😂

There's the intrinsic factor test (blood), the Methylmalonic acid test (urine), or the Parietal Cell Antibody test (blood), and maybe dig though any semi recent labs to see if your MCV values are in the high range.

Because a high b12 level with no supplements is likely pointing to your inability to utilize it.

P

Peatness

I'd look into the various testing besides blood serum for B12 deficiency. The rabbit hole I just fell down 😂

There's the intrinsic factor test (blood), the Methylmalonic acid test (urine), or the Parietal Cell Antibody test (blood), and maybe dig though any semi recent labs to see if your MCV values are in the high range.

Because a high b12 level with no supplements is likely pointing to your inability to utilize it.
I might see if I can do other tests besides the simple blood serum b12. My MCV is within normal range but the high end of normal.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I might see if I can do other tests besides the simple blood serum b12. My MCV is within normal range but the high end of normal.
High end of normal is not normal, that typically points to a bad vit B12 deficiency already taking hold.

I suggest joining this group & digging through all of the files they have/asking questions:

Pernicious Anaemia/B12 Deficiency - Support Group | Facebook

Be sure to read their rules though it's a very tightly ran group that takes it's rules seriously due to the member size.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Adding that I just discovered my grandmother's brother had to take vit B12 shots his entire life.

Pernicious anemia can be genetic (as well as self induced).

My grandmother likey had it too thinking back on all of her health issues & how young she died.

Dean

Yes on Phoenix Rising forum, some me/cfs people like the products.
Ok, thanks. Interesting the sites been around since 2014 and hadn't heard of it, or anyone else doing a topical B12 that I can readily find in a search.

I'm going to have to go back to the posts at beginnings of Energin to recall why Haidut didn't include B12 in that formulation - seem to recall that discussion/reasoning coming up back in the day.

Anyway, would be interested in hearing your impressions when you've had a chance to try it out. May have to give it a whirl myself (or at 50 bucks a bottle I guess it's more like a spin.)

freyasam

I'm going to have to go back to the posts at beginnings of Energin to recall why Haidut didn't include B12 in that formulation - seem to recall that discussion/reasoning coming up back in the day.

Anyway, would be interested in hearing your impressions when you've had a chance to try it out.
I will update when I try the oils in a few weeks. Could you tag me if you find out why Haidut didn't include B12 in energin?

Dean

I will update when I try the oils in a few weeks. Could you tag me if you find out why Haidut didn't include B12 in energin?
Sounds good and much appreciated on the future update.

Probably a dissolution issue on the Energin; but I've got a lot of time on my hands late tonight and overnight, so I'll dig into if there was more to it than that and post here what I find.

Curious though with so little competition and what it's being sold for that he wouldn't put it out as a stand alone product or companion to Energin. Maybe he figures injections are easy enough to come by for those of us that can't handle and/or don't benefit from oral B's.

Dean

Poor solubility and not much effect on mitochondrial health, estrogen detoxification or lactate/CO2. Also, Ray has written individually about each vitamin in Energin and has more or less sanctioned supplementation.

Here's Haidut's explanation as to why B12 isn't included in Energin.

freyasam

Sounds good and much appreciated on the future update.

Probably a dissolution issue on the Energin; but I've got a lot of time on my hands late tonight and overnight, so I'll dig into if there was more to it than that and post here what I find.

Curious though with so little competition and what it's being sold for that he wouldn't put it out as a stand alone product or companion to Energin. Maybe he figures injections are easy enough to come by for those of us that can't handle and/or don't benefit from oral B's.
Incredibly, it has taken me a year to get on the B12 protocol and I'm STILL only in the cofactors phase. I'm on topical iodide (which makes me nervous since I've had bad reactions to iodine, but I'm desperate, and this is lower doses than what I reacted to), topical Selenite, Molybdate (all oils sold on b12oils.com) and riboflavin. Will soon add in the B12 oil. The cofactors seem to be helping a bit with my severe symptoms of fatigue and PEM.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals