Recipes For Mushrooms Cooked On The Crock-pot, Anyone?

Makrosky

So I basically would like to cook some mushrooms in the slow-cooker but I don't have any ideas on how to prepare it Peat-friendly.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

lindsay

I just did this yesterday, actually. I've had problems in the past digesting mushrooms, so I went super basic and bought plain organic white mushrooms - two ten ounce packages. I washed them, sliced them, and then put some organic no fat Turkey broth in the crockpot (this is what I had on hand, but you can use whatever broth you like or make your own). I added a little gelatin and some salt and set the mushrooms to cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally so that they would all get submerged in the liquid.

That's it. I ended up cooking them further when I got home from work because I decided I wanted to eat some of the pork liver I had on hand and add the mushrooms to it, along with some onion. First time I digested mushrooms easily in awhile. Not sure if it's because I opted for simple mushrooms or because I cooked them for so long, but they were tasty with the liver. I'm planning to take the rest, which are kind of soupy and puree them later today with a little butter and eat with sour cream. I think that will be tasty :)

lindsay

***Update*** Take my above method of making cooked mushrooms with broth in the crockpot, then simmer some onion and garlic with a tiny bit of Coconut Oil or butter and a splash of white wine or cooking wine in a saucepan. Once onions are translucent, add the cooked broth with mushrooms and simmer a little longer. Then puree in a blender or with an immersion blender. Serve with carrageenan free sour cream and salt to taste. I just had some for a snack - DELICIOUS!!! I'd eat another bowl, but I have to go to a client shortly. Plus, since it's pureed, it should make digestion a bit easier and it's a fairly low fat food (although, I don't eat low fat, but for those who do).

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

***Update*** Take my above method of making cooked mushrooms with broth in the crockpot, then simmer some onion and garlic with a tiny bit of Coconut Oil or butter and a splash of white wine or cooking wine in a saucepan. Once onions are translucent, add the cooked broth with mushrooms and simmer a little longer. Then puree in a blender or with an immersion blender. Serve with carrageenan free sour cream and salt to taste. I just had some for a snack - DELICIOUS!!! I'd eat another bowl, but I have to go to a client shortly. Plus, since it's pureed, it should make digestion a bit easier and it's a fairly low fat food (although, I don't eat low fat, but for those who do).
Thanks lindsay!! I'm gonna try this!!!

whit

We usually cook our mushrooms when we do a broth because it's got to cook for a while to render
The gelatin too. The flavor that they lend is amazing. There's a few threads here that talk about broths.
Once cooked they freeze well. Some saute in some good fat and then add them, this draws out much of the benefits of mushrooms which is many.

TonyApple

Throw your favourite recipe in to your crock pot and set the temp then leave to relax.

This cooking equipment can help you save money, time, and effort when setting your meal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals