Red Bull + Lime Juice + Aspirin

Runenight201

would it be net positive to drink as a daily beverage multiple times a day Red Bull + lime juice + 300-500mg of aspirin? Anything to be worried about?

I haven’t done the aspirin part of that concoction, but there is something very refreshing and rejuvenating to Red Bull and lime juice!

would it be net positive to drink as a daily beverage multiple times a day Red Bull + lime juice + 300-500mg of aspirin? Anything to be worried about?

I haven’t done the aspirin part of that concoction, but there is something very refreshing and rejuvenating to Red Bull and lime juice!
The citric acid, in a metal can especially, makes it a horrible idea.

Attachments

• C76456F4-E7B1-45C2-9210-419AF813FEF6.jpeg
    C76456F4-E7B1-45C2-9210-419AF813FEF6.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 24

Santosh

I drank this exact combo at the beginning of the summer, it made me extremely anxious and paranoid, while making me lose any sort of strength and muscle.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I agree. On day 2 of that experiment I noticed my tongue becoming extra dry and and sensitive. I didn’t know citric acid is bad? And I’m guessing if in an aluminum can it’ll leech out the aluminum and then you end up drinking that?

I bought some raw milk over the weekend and was blown away by the quality and taste. I really have been neglecting how important food quality is. I would be very curious to know how organic Costco milk compares with raw milk, especially since the former is cheaper, but for now, with my health in a more fragile state, I’m going to prioritize getting the highest quality milk and eggs to build me to a more resilient place.

Above all I need to get my brain working properly again to be making money, as unfortunate as it is, losing the energy to be money oriented is very dangerous in this capitalistic society. Not from a materialistic point of view but simply from a survival mechanism, once you’re unable to afford high quality foods and supplements it’s a fast track down to mental/physical illness.

I’ve been sticking nicotine patches on my arm, 10.5mg, and I’ve found they give me a slight little boost, nothing crazy. I figure you can get all the benefits of nicotine without any of the cons of inhaling combusted plant matter this way.

I bought some raw milk over the weekend and was blown away by the quality and taste. I really have been neglecting how important food quality is. I would be very curious to know how organic Costco milk compares with raw milk, especially since the former is cheaper, but for now, with my health in a more fragile state, I’m going to prioritize getting the highest quality milk and eggs to build me to a more resilient place.
Like I always say, to off-set the cost of better food, like my oh so important raw milk, “I would rather eat half as much good stuff than twice as much bad”. Raw milk does not compare to pasteurized organic, or even better pasteurized organic grass-fed milk, no matter who sells it.

Nick

I didn’t know citric acid is bad?
Citric acid in the form used in 99.9% of all food products is made industrially from corn using a GMO black mold. In the US they are even allowed to label this industrial product "natural citrus extract" because it is considered chemically equivalent to citric acid from fruit. As discussed by Ray and also in several published case studies, the industrial citric acid is never actually pure and the trace fungal toxins or trace amounts of chemical solvents can be highly allergenic to the digestive system.

I didn’t know citric acid is bad?
“Excessive citric acid, for example, might activate dormant cancer cells (Havard, et al., 2011), and has been associated with malignancy (Blüml, et al., 2011).” -Ray Peat
from his “Phosphate, Activation, and Aging” article

Ismail

Thanks for the reminder, I haven’t had raw milk in a while, but as you said it is shocking how difference the quality is!

Above all I need to get my brain working properly again to be making money, as unfortunate as it is, losing the energy to be money oriented is very dangerous in this capitalistic society. Not from a materialistic point of view but simply from a survival mechanism, once you’re unable to afford high quality foods and supplements it’s a fast track down to mental/physical illness.

Sad, but so true! We’re on the same page here buddy 💪

I’ve been sticking nicotine patches on my arm, 10.5mg, and I’ve found they give me a slight little boost, nothing crazy. I figure you can get all the benefits of nicotine without any of the cons of inhaling combusted plant matter this way.

Coincidental, I started trying out nicotine myself, but instead of the patches I went ahead with the lozenges and the tobacco free snus (Swedish).

The first time I had the lozenge (1mg - I’m a lightweight lol!), I felt slightly lightheaded, but within 30-45mins I felt quite motivated (like the opposite of procrastination, wanting to get things done etc.), and I also got quite hungry which was a surprise!

Ismail

Like I always say, to off-set the cost of better food, like my oh so important raw milk, “I would rather eat half as much good stuff than twice as much bad”. Raw milk does not compare to pasteurized organic, or even better pasteurized organic grass-fed milk, no matter who sells it.
110%! 👌

Herbie

@runningthrough

Now we are talking.

I drink half a litre of redbull per day and don't notice anything bad from it. It does make me urinate less than coca cola imo due to ingredients.

I've made posts about the dangers of citric and ascorbic but it doesn't negatively impact me.

We would have to really know the citric acid which redbull uses in order to make a judgment on the purity and quality of it.

Ray has said citric acid wastes calcium but I'm having heaps as well so I don't worry.

I look at the big picture of my diet and not the tiny details, take a pragmatic approach and go by how I feel and what I feel like and enjoy.

milk_lover

I drink Red Bull every morning as a breakfast with milk coffee and dates and sometimes Parmesan cheese. Very practical and healing. No issues with the redbull.

Santosh

I drink Red Bull every morning as a breakfast with milk coffee and dates and sometimes Parmesan cheese. Very practical and healing. No issues with the redbull.

If you added aspirin to that mix you would get anxiety.
Try it.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I do wonder if perhaps it's better to be taking pure supplements as opposed to consuming Red Bull which they use citric acid and not only that but these "natural and artificial flavors". Let's be real, without those natural and artificial flavors, the drink would most likely taste horrible, as isolate b-vitamins do not have a pleasant taste. What are those natural and artificial flavors, and what are there effects on the body? I know they aren't using aspartame or sucralose, but there have been studies showing the negative health effects those artificial sweeteners have. I don't like the idea of companies hiding behind the veil of natural and artificial flavors. I want to know exactly what chemicals they are and the health effects of them.

In the context of an otherwise healthy diet and healthy organism, those additives very well may not be a problem, but we have to be cognizant of the total toxicity which we encounter in our modern environment, and potentially in a compromised individual, those natural and artificial flavors could very well be problematic. And then it begs the question, why run that risk, when you can get everything in that can from consuming whole food sources, and if necessary, taking isolated pure supplements? For instance, I am currently taking pure caffeine on top of pure Taurine, and am noticing enhanced cognitive effects that the red bull never gave me. Same with the nicotine patch I am using.

Ultimately, we fall prey to convenience, which is exactly what these companies predate on. They know that individuals are looking for easy solutions to get the edge they want, and so can get away with a potentially harmful product that on paper looks appealing. A devil in sheep's clothing.

Herbie

@Runenight201

Rune where is your redbull made?

The redbull in Australia is made in Switzerland here are the ingredients:

Carbonated Water, Sucrose, Glucose, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Carbonate), Taurine (0.4%), Flavours, Colours (Caramel, Riboflavin), Caffeine (0.03%), Vitamins (Niacinamide, Pantothenic Acid, B6, B12).

faisman

Its worth noting that all cans also have a plastic coating, which is horrible when combined with an acidic drink. I try to avoid them now as well as plastic bottles of course.
4BC03B06-56C6-45A6-BB4A-807CA2C1A00A.jpeg

But I do love a Redbull, something about it is so refreshing and it works especially well after a good breakfast.

I’ve been experimenting with making my own version using:

-orange juice concentrate (homemade)
-1g of taurine
-half a capsule of b-vitamins
-100mg of caffeine
- club soda
-a bit of magnesium bicarbonate

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I'm here in the U S of A, where ingredients have to be proven dangerous before being banned, as opposed to Europe, where products must first be proven safe before being sold!

The labeling that @Rinse & rePeat posted is what I see when I look at the cans on the shelves here, I'm not sure where they are produced.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals