Remembering Ray Peat Call-In Show with Georgi Dinkov

-Luke-

Is the episode on any podcast platform for mp3 download? I could not find it and do not have access to youtube.

Inaut

I said it before, I am grateful to Danny for turning me on to Peat’s work. Danny also led me to this forum and to Georgi’s work so it’s kind of full circle. Just want to thank you both for your contributions to humanity’s progression and may our Creator bless you and your loved ones as well. We will keep Peat’s legacy alive as hard as it may be (giant shoes to fill).

Mauritio

Beautiful. I cried with danny as well. Maybe it would be possible to do a whole show with trebbie at some point in time ? It sounds like she has some good stories and anecdotes about ray and an interesting story herself.

AllThingsPeat

The call-in show is almost 2.5 hours in length. Shorly after the 35 minute mark, Trebbie speaks about Ray and his wife. Here is the link to Trebbie's comments.
"If I could just help one more person, that's what keeps me going." To have so much energy, to be so vital that giving to others freely becomes the dominant mode of existence, an imperative of the soul, even. I think there's no better way to honor Ray's memory than to become like him in this way.

golder

"If I could just help one more person, that's what keeps me going." To have so much energy, to be so vital that giving to others freely becomes the dominant mode of existence, an imperative of the soul, even. I think there's no better way to honor Ray's memory than to become like him in this way.
Beautifully said and I couldn’t agree more.

Mauritio

I think if you feel like you have enough, metabolism wise, humans become like this. Meaning altruism requires and is caused by a good metabolism.

Peater

Maybe it would be possible to do a whole show with trebbie at some point in time ? It sounds like she has some good stories and anecdotes about ray and an interesting story herself.
Excellent idea, I hope she is willing to do it.
I think if you feel like you have enough, metabolism wise, humans become like this. Meaning altruism requires and is caused by a good metabolism.
And low serotonin!

AllThingsPeat

Agreed. It's a precondition of selflessness.

The concept of "placing others before yourself," at least in the sense that helping others must necessarily involve some measure of self-sacrifice, coming at the expense of your own health and energy, is completely backwards and counterproductive in the long-run, since you end up sick and become a burden on those you originally intended to help.

We should help ourselves so we can give as much as we can for as long as we can. And if done correctly, giving should become a source of rejuvenation, fostering regeneration instead of accelerating degeneration. Unfortunately, the World we live in makes this extremely difficult, as so many must struggle desperately just to survive.

As a former pre-med student, this is something I can personally relate to, as it became obvious to me before I even got there that medical school was designed to stress the students out as much as possible, probably to select against people like me, in addition, of course, to preparing the more "industrious" types for an extremely stressful career in an authoritarian industry.

This reminds me of another great Peat quote from Karenmcc's blog (Danny has talked about this on some of the older podcasts for those who have not seen it):

Ray Peat Interviews Revisited

"the ruling classes, at best, define the ability to work efficiently and willingly as good health for the population as a whole. Privately, they often recognize that freedom, novelty, meaning and beauty are necessary for good health."

The cultural ethos which extols hard work as a virtue, leaving out the "freedom, novelty, meaning and beauty," is an unequivocally anti-human one, and creates the preconditions for a low-energy environment, which naturally produces a tendency towards biological entropy and degeneration, as opposed to higher-energy, complexity, structure, and function. I think you could even go as far as to call it "cancer culture" lol.

Yes, I just coined that phrase. It just came to me, but I kinda like it hahahahaaaa

Last edited:

Mauritio

As a former pre-med student, this is something I can personally relate to, as it became obvious to me before I even got there that medical school was designed to stress the students out as much as possible, probably to select against people like me, in addition, of course, to preparing the more "industrious" types for an extremely stressful career in an authoritarian industry.
Not even speaking of the actual job itself. First you preselected the uncompassionate ones and then you put them in a very high stress environment. No wonder 80% of doctors suffer from compassion fatigue.
The system is simply not designed in a way that offers them much possibilities to be compassionate.

"Cancer culture" that's a good one :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals