Report any side effects from vitamin K2 here

fr@

I only took K2-7 and typically dosed it around 200 - 400 mcg. I used a K2-7 dissolved in MCT-oil and used it sublingually.

I haven‘t felt much at 200 mcg, but at 400 mcg I sometimes felt heart palpitations and craved more calcium-rich stuff, which often made the palpitations go away.
Thanks, that seems to make sense.

It reminded of a CMJ video "Heart palpitations as a result of vitamin K2 supplementation".

youngsinatra

ng/mL

I am informed that California lifeguards may have 200.
I’ve only have seen some data on S. California lifeguards with vitamin D levels around 40-70 ng/ml, but would love to learn more about it.

I seem to get negative effects from a high-calcium intake (2000mg+) even with 60-80ng/ml. And I tend to get a slight pain in the bladder at that calcium intake with high D. I feel fine with ~1000mg of both calcium and magnesium.

baron

I have been taking k2 mk-7 400 mcg for 6 months on and off and have had mild heart palpatation everytime i go off them, the day of and the day after.

Mossy

Hemorrhoids and gut distress. I would say the gut distress is like a serotonin attack (as much as I understand that to be).

fr@

Hemorrhoids and gut distress. I would say the gut distress is like a serotonin attack (as much as I understand that to be).
You mean, you get those both when you supplement Vitamin-K (I'll keep an eye on it if in case it happens to mine)?

Mossy

You mean, you get those both when you supplement Vitamin-K (I'll keep an eye on it if in case it happens to mine)?
Yes. If I take K2 orally, I usually get that. There did seem to be a short period where I could handle it, but that was indeed short. Now I only use it topically. I’m still trying to determine if I get a small amount of side effects from it. I may, but not like taking it orally.

fr@

Yes. If I take K2 orally, I usually get that. There did seem to be a short period where I could handle it, but that was indeed short. Now I only use it topically. I’m still trying to determine if I get a small amount of side effects from it. I may, but not like taking it orally.
Thanks, when you mentioned that you were able to handle it for a short period -- I remembered my experience on supplementing Thorne's K2 (MK-4 drops) orally.
It was just a matter of time, maybe close to 2 weeks or something, then I started having heart palpitations of some sort when taking it.
After that was increased rate of Hair Fall, but when I stop taking it, things go back to normal.

aniciete

Any updates?

Mossy

Any updates?
I have nothing to report on this because I’m currently not taking any supplements. I can’t risk any negative side effects which may hinder my work which is very physical these days. But, I definitely will try this again and hope to report back.

Surfari

I've been taking 8mg's of K2 after lunch the last few days and have felt irritated / agitated an hour or two later. But my temps and heart rate stay in a good range - 98.7 and hr at 84. Today when I started feeling that way I took some magnesium glycinate (around 200 mg) in oj and some milk and felt fine after about 30 minutes.

Ritchie

Seems to give me what feels like a sharp drop in blood sugar maybe 15 min after taking, even if I have eaten a ton of sugar and food. Kinda light headed ness, fatigue and a bit dizzy type of thing. This happens from quite small doses as well, couple of drops of kuinone on skin.

Does K build up over time?

maillol

Does anyone know if there is any interaction between K2 and iron? I can't find much.

I suspect it causes the body to release tissue iron into the blood. This manifests as shortness of breath and low libido/shrinkage for me. I think this because it makes me feel that same as when I take vitamin C, which is known to release iron, or when I take iron directly which I have done in the past. It is interesting that @tankasnowgod has no negative effects from K2 because i know he has intentionally lowered his iron levels.

tankasnowgod

Does anyone know if there is any interaction between K2 and iron? I can't find much.

I suspect it causes the body to release tissue iron into the blood. This manifests as shortness of breath and low libido/shrinkage for me. I think this because it makes me feel that same as when I take vitamin C, which is known to release iron, or when I take iron directly which I have done in the past. It is interesting that @tankasnowgod has no negative effects from K2 because i know he has intentionally lowered his iron levels.
I also took K2 when I was iron loaded, and through the lowering process, and didn't notice the things you mention, at least personally.

maillol

I also took K2 when I was iron loaded, and through the lowering process, and didn't notice the things you mention, at least personally.
Ah well this scuppers my theory a bit. What symptoms did you have when you were iron loaded?

tankasnowgod

Ah well this scuppers my theory a bit. What symptoms did you have when you were iron loaded?
I don't know if I had any noticeable symptoms, but I did notice improvements to mood and energy over the course of getting de-ironed. I did get shocked by static electricity quite a bit when loaded, and that seemed to go away after de ironing, but it wasn't something I noticed immediately, just upon reflection that it hadn't really happened in quite a while.

maillol

I don't know if I had any noticeable symptoms, but I did notice improvements to mood and energy over the course of getting de-ironed. I did get shocked by static electricity quite a bit when loaded, and that seemed to go away after de ironing, but it wasn't something I noticed immediately, just upon reflection that it hadn't really happened in quite a while.
Interesting. Was it a blood test that made you decide to lower your iron?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals