Reverse Osmosis Purity

P

Peatness

Has anyone had their reverse osmosis water tested for purity?

The one I have, Osmio, adds calcium and magnesium back into the water. I think this might be problematic.

See this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had their reverse osmosis water tested for purity?

The one I have, Osmio, adds calcium and magnesium back into the water. I think this might be problematic.

See this thread

I went with a gravity filter, to remove fluoride, as to not have to deal with supplements in my water.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
P

Peatness

This could turn out to be a very expensive mistake. I need to find out if I can use the machine without stage 4.

Filter Stages​

1 - Quick-Change Sediment Filter 5μm: removes coarse particles, e.g. Sand, rust, chlorine, lime
2 - Quick-Change activated carbon filter: removes chlorine and organic impurities
3 - Quick-Change Membrane 50GPD: removes all pollutants and flavours to almost 100%
4 - Quick-Change Insertion Filters: Hygiene After-filter antibacterial calcium and magnesium bioceramics, adding a small 10-20 ppm of minerals.

OP
P

Peatness

The question has been answered on their website

Q. Is the calcium/magnesium remineralisation filter compulsory, or will the system work without it inserted?

A. you can replace the post filter with an empty one from the sanitization kit.
Osmio Fusion and Osmio Zero Installation Sanitisation Kit

I've been drinking these added minerals since the beginning of the year. What a disaster!

bobbity

I went with a gravity filter, to remove fluoride, as to not have to deal with supplements in my water.
Why on earth would this be problematic. Half of this forum concerns the supplementation of calcium and magnesium, how is a trace amount in drinking water some sort of catastrophe!???

Bewildering.

Why on earth would this be problematic. Half of this forum concerns the supplementation of calcium and magnesium, how is a trace amount in drinking water some sort of catastrophe!???

Bewildering.
Supplements are a problem. I avoid supplements. I would rather get my calcium and magnesium from food.

OP
P

Peatness

I'm still trying to find out more details about what kind of mineralisation my machine uses. I came across this technology for another kind of filter. I wouldn't feel confident using this kind of "water amplification."

Technically not a filter, bioceramic water amplification (BCWA) is a water amplifier. BCWA utilizes rare ceramic materials including Tourmaline, far infrared ceramic balls, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and Vitamin C to add health promoting qualities to water.

Bioceramic water amplification transforms purified water into a powerful antioxidant that provides protection against reactive oxygen species, also known as free radicals. The rare ceramics and minerals in the bioceramic water amplification filter significantly increase alkalinity, and the increase is not dependent on the level of minerals in the treated water.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How do you filter your water?
At the time I am using reverse osmosis. I plan on hooking a system up where it goes from reverse osmosis then to distilled. Aiming for the purest water possible.

OP
P

Peatness

At the time I am using reverse osmosis. I plan on hooking a system up where it goes from reverse osmosis then to distilled. Aiming for the purest water possible.
Wow you are not taking any chances. It sounds great.

:M :B.

There are some very cheap ispring RO systems you can get and then the megahome distiller is a good option. It's relatively quiet compared so 2 other machines I have experienced. I know Atom Bergstrom says he uses RO and then the megahome distiller. That's where I got the idea. Seems like a solid way to go to me.

Unless you want to go big and get a multi gallon distiller and run the RO straight to it. Sounds like this is what Charlie is talking about. Would be nice.

OP
P

Peatness

OK. for anyone using a reverse osmosis filter - if you are not using remineralisation what ph is your water? If acidic how do you get round the potential of damage to your equipment?

Meecho

What I have:

ARKA 380 Reverse Osmosis System (amazon.de/gp/product/B095HBV2WV)
+
iSpring TDS Water Quality Meter (amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDBZ1A2)

Reverse osmosis filters particles only. Carbon filter (activated carbon) filters chemicals. After filtration, I sometimes measure water TDS (total dissolved solids), and it goes from 300+ ppm to 15-25 ppm. Also, I usually mix that water with orange juice and honey. I’d say that solution is not 100% but is something like 95%.

Peatress

O

Omen

On the topic of RO water.

I've had two experiences now where I've taken my unit to another address and the water I have filtered causes an upset stomach/flushing on my face. This problem doesn't occur at my current address but shouldn't the end result always be the same regardless of the source of water? Why would a different address cause problems using the same unit?

On the topic of RO water.

I've had two experiences now where I've taken my unit to another address and the water I have filtered causes an upset stomach/flushing on my face. This problem doesn't occur at my current address but shouldn't the end result always be the same regardless of the source of water? Why would a different address cause problems using the same unit?
things can grow in the filters and tank. Especially if you disconnected it and it sat stagnant before you hooked it up again. I don't trust RO enough so I use a mega home distiller after RO. and mix the water in things like coffee or tea.

Do you think that could have happened in your case?

O

Omen

things can grow in the filters and tank. Especially if you disconnected it and it sat stagnant before you hooked it up again. I don't trust RO enough so I use a mega home distiller after RO. and mix the water in things like coffee or tea.

Do you think that could have happened in your case?
I was checking out a new place. I filled my bottle up with the unit, disconnected it and a couple of hours later reconnected it and tested the new place.

When I came home I reconnected it immediately and started using it and no issues. Only issues with the water that came out of it at the address I was checking as I couldn't take the room if the water was off - which it was... which was unfortunate because it was a great place and would have suited me.

Would love to find another option. I tried distilled water from the supermarket but that was not good and it comes in a plastic bottle. Even the 'premium' spring waters with apparently no additives in glass bottles upset my stomach.

Peatress

If the new property had been empty for a while did you run the tap for a while before using the water?

I was checking out a new place. I filled my bottle up with the unit, disconnected it and a couple of hours later reconnected it and tested the new place.

When I came home I reconnected it immediately and started using it and no issues. Only issues with the water that came out of it at the address I was checking as I couldn't take the room if the water was off - which it was... which was unfortunate because it was a great place and would have suited me.

Would love to find another option. I tried distilled water from the supermarket but that was not good and it comes in a plastic bottle. Even the 'premium' spring waters with apparently no additives in glass bottles upset my stomach.
strange. how much plain water are you drinking?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals