Low Toxin Supplements Riboflavin, selenium and iodine are essential

Peater

I found this EXTREMELY interesting thread on Grant Genereux's forum. I'd be interested if people can chip in with their thoughts and experiences. I've always found riboflavin quite a 'nice' supplement to take (Stupidly vague and subjective data point I admit)

I also think it's very interesting that both riboflavin AND Vit A are light sensitive. I wonder if red light has a more pronounced effect on Vit A removal.

Attachments

• B2 cascade.jpeg
    B2 cascade.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 2

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I always seem to do good with vitamin B2 so I supplement it regularly. Selenium regularly too. Iodine has been coming up on my radar lately so I am taking note. It needs to be Iodine and not Iodide.

OP
P

Peater

I always seem to do good with vitamin B2 so I supplement it regularly. Selenium regularly too. Iodine has been coming up on my radar lately so I am taking note. It needs to be Iodine and not Iodide.

You probably want Lugol's - I have taken Lugol's and SSKI (With selenium), and I have lab-verified results that it didn't blow my thyroid up posted somewhere. (TSH rose as expected, antibodies stayed low) Although I switched to NDT as part of my on-going work into what may have turned out to be B6 and/or Vit A overload.

I took some Lugol's earlier and feel pretty good.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You probably want Lugol's - I have taken Lugol's and SSKI (With selenium), and I have lab-verified results that it didn't blow my thyroid up posted somewhere. (TSH rose as expected, antibodies stayed low) Although I switched to NDT as part of my on-going work into what may have turned out to be B6 and/or Vit A overload.

I took some Lugol's earlier and feel pretty good.
Dr. Smith has shown the Iodide is destructive to the thyroid so Lugols would not be an option.

OP
P

Peater

Dr. Smith has shown the Iodide is destructive to the thyroid so Lugols would not be an option.
You might have to use pure iodine liquid for aquariums? If it's safe enough for tropical fish it should be OK.

youngsinatra

This idea that iodine, selenium and molybdenum are „cofactors“ for B2 stem from Gregory Russel Jones. (GRJ - www.b12oils.com)

In actuality it‘s quite the same activation mechanism as with the other B‘s like B1. Highly depend on ATPases, so magnesium status (Mg-ATP) is implicated here.

Yes, hypothyroidism can cause B2 deficiency, but sooo many things can cause hypothyroidism besides a iodine or selenium deficiency. And taking those rarely fixes hypothyroidism from what I have seen in the GRJ FB group. Molybdenum as a cofactor is also not based on solid evidence in my opinion.

Rarely seen someone fix their problems with iodine, selenium, molybdenum and B2 in the GRJ FB group.

PopSocket

In actuality it‘s quite the same activation mechanism as with the other B‘s like B1. Highly depend on ATPases, so magnesium status (Mg-ATP) is implicated here.
I think you are spot on regarding MgATP. I think the body can convert minerals and vitamins from one to another if enough energy is in the system to do so. Also transmute poisons.

OP
P

Peater

This idea that iodine, selenium and molybdenum are „cofactors“ for B2 stem from Gregory Russel Jones. (GRJ - www.b12oils.com)

Yes, hypothyroidism can cause B2 deficiency, but sooo many things can cause hypothyroidism besides a iodine or selenium deficiency. And taking those rarely fixes hypothyroidism from what I have seen in the GRJ FB group. Molybdenum as a cofactor is also not based on solid evidence in my opinion.

Rarely seen someone fix their problems with iodine, selenium, molybdenum and B2 in the GRJ FB group.
Hmmmm. What do you think of the riboflavin/Vit A pathway proposed?

I should have broken it down into the two separate ideas.

youngsinatra

Hmmmm. What do you think of the riboflavin/Vit A pathway proposed?

I should have broken it down into the two separate ideas.
It‘s involved in retinal dehydrogenase, which converts retinol into retinoic acid, so it’s part of the biotransformation process of vitamin A.

It’s also involved in NAD+ recycling in the mitochondria, glutathione reductase, MTHFR, hemoglobin synthesis, xanthine oxidase…. Very useful things. :)

OP
P

Peater

It‘s involved in retinal dehydrogenase, which converts retinol into retinoic acid, so it’s part of the biotransformation process of vitamin A.

It’s also involved in NAD+ recycling in the mitochondria, glutathione reductase, MTHFR, hemoglobin synthesis, xanthine oxidase…. Very useful things. :)
Awesome thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals