Salt And Nightmares

Luann

I've been working on ways to add salt to my food and beverages. Last night I had too much caffeine before bed and couldn't sleep for nearly four hours. When I did sleep I had four or five really nasty nightmares in a row.

Too much caffeine in the past has given me a neurotic feeling about the world ending or me really messing up my life. Those fears were also present last night but the nightmares were something totally new. I even woke up from one just to find myself still in it, like in a movie. Think the salt was somehow involved with this.

Peatful

@Liubo

Any insights now regarding nightmares?

raypeatclips

I don't understand why you suspect salt?

You say caffeine has given you past stress issues like feeling the world is going to end, and you then say you had too much caffeine before trying to sleep and couldn't sleep, and when you did had nightmares and then blame salt?

magnesiumania

The most obvious reason is a lack of potassium. Salt without potassium creates raising heart. Irrehular heartbeat etc is also a lack of potassium. The amounts of potassium we need each day is enormous...

I didnt feel well on magnesium either until i made sure to get enough of the other electrolytes.

theLaw

The most obvious reason is a lack of potassium. Salt without potassium creates raising heart. Irrehular heartbeat etc is also a lack of potassium. The amounts of potassium we need each day is enormous...

I didnt feel well on magnesium either until i made sure to get enough of the other electrolytes.

+1 - This is excellent advice.:darts:

I've personally had some really nasty experiences with caffeine/adrenaline and nightmares, and here's what helped me when things went south:

1. Salt + Ice Cream

2. Salt + 100G (8Tbsp) of sugar (melted in microwave in Tbsp of water) + OJ = less than a cup of actual liquid - heavy, but it does the trick

Also, orange juice gelatin would be an excellent snack if you wake up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals