Sitaruîm's Journey

Sitaruîm

Hello all,

I figured I'd start a log to facilitate the tracking of my health. Nothing significant happened today other than that I oil-pulled for the first time this morning with coconut oil. Whatever experiment I do on myself will be reported here and I will follow up with insights as best I can. My health is in a very good state, I'm 27 years of age and in an amazing state of general well-being. I'm more than pleased with how I look physically, and my energy levels have been steady high for the past 3 months which is when I last made a big change in my diet. I feel creative and generally my mood is good, more towards the manic/euphoric side lately which is leading to fruitful ideas. There are few issues that I believe need correcting, one is that my gums bleed when I brush my teeth and my teeth don't look as amazing as @Rinse & rePeat and she's more than twice my age ;), and since she is religious about oil-pulling I figured I'd give it a try.

This will be my first experiment: I oil-pulled this morning for 10 minutes and I'll do it again tonight for 10 minutes. The first week or so I'll do it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night; after, I'll do it only at night after brushing my teeth.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all and to the interactions to come.

Hello all,

I figured I'd start a log to facilitate the tracking of my health. Nothing significant happened today other than that I oil-pulled for the first time this morning with coconut oil. Whatever experiment I do on myself will be reported here and I will follow up with insights as best I can. My health is in a very good state, I'm 27 years of age and in an amazing state of general well-being. I'm more than pleased with how I look physically, and my energy levels have been steady high for the past 3 months which is when I last made a big change in my diet. I feel creative and generally my mood is good, more towards the manic/euphoric side lately which is leading to fruitful ideas. There are few issues that I believe need correcting, one is that my gums bleed when I brush my teeth and my teeth don't look as amazing as @Rinse & rePeat and she's more than twice my age ;), and since she is religious about oil-pulling I figured I'd give it a try.

This will be my first experiment: I oil-pulled this morning for 10 minutes and I'll do it again tonight for 10 minutes. The first week or so I'll do it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night; after, I'll do it only at night after brushing my teeth.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you all and to the interactions to come.
Thank you Indicator for noticing! Though I oil pull occasionally, especially if my teeth get sensitive or I want to whiten them up, I usually brush with coconut oil instead of the swish, and coconut oil at bedtime keeps the morning breath away and tongue clear too. Baking soda is maybe twice a week in the morning. Be sure and take a before and after pic of your progress. I wouldn't recommend using toothpaste after oil pulling, just a light brushing to protect the eneamel. How did your mouth look and feel after your first time?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Thank you Indicator for noticing! Though I oil pull occasionally, especially if my teeth get sensitive or I want to whiten them up, I usually brush with coconut oil instead of the swish, and coconut oil at bedtime keeps the morning breath away and tongue clear too. Baking soda is maybe twice a week in the morning. Be sure and take a before and after pic of your progress. I wouldn't recommend using toothpaste after oil pulling, just a light brushing to protect the eneamel. How did your mouth look and feel after your first time?
Thank you for the tips, and I only brush my teeth with water so that won't be a problem. My mouth feels very similar to how it felt before, one of the changes I hope to provoke with this is a lack of bleeding of the gums when I brush. I'm sure that will require some patience. I cannot take pictures of myself comfortably because my phone's camera is broken, but I will pay attention to what my mouth and teeth look like and see how they evolve.

Thank you for the tips, and I only brush my teeth with water so that won't be a problem. My mouth feels very similar to how it felt before, one of the changes I hope to provoke with this is a lack of bleeding of the gums when I brush. I'm sure that will require some patience. I cannot take pictures of myself comfortably because my phone's camera is broken, but I will pay attention to what my mouth and teeth look like and see how they evolve.
Are you taking aspirin or other blood thinning foods like turmeric, ginger, grapefruit and such? Nevertheless your mouth will be tremendously better with oil pulling and brusing.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Are you taking aspirin or other blood thinning foods like turmeric, ginger, grapefruit and such? Nevertheless your mouth will be tremendously better with oil pulling and brusing.
None of those. I only took 1 gram of aspirin a day because I had the worst sore throat right after New Year's that lasted a week. My mom tested positive for the chinabug and both my brother and I experienced the same symptoms: a slight fever that lasted a few days and an excruciating sore throat for about a week. I took half a gram before each meal because the pain was so bad that I could not swallow my own saliva. I use aspirin only as a medical intervention rather than routinely.

None of those. I only took 1 gram of aspirin a day because I had the worst sore throat right after New Year's that lasted a week. My mom tested positive for the chinabug and both my brother and I experienced the same symptoms: a slight fever that lasted a few days and an excruciating sore throat for about a week. I took half a gram before each meal because the pain was so bad that I could not swallow my own saliva. I use aspirin only as a medical intervention rather than routinely.
That sounds terrible! Did your bleeding gums start them or?

Lampshard

RE: bleeding gums, try emodin, Cascara Sagrada, a source of it, is something Peat talks about in his article on constipation and laxatives, but it's deeply tied to perioral health.

RE: bleeding gums, try emodin, Cascara Sagrada, a source of it, is something Peat talks about in his article on constipation and laxatives, but it's deeply tied to perioral health.

That is assuming he is constipated. I would recommend casacara to anyone who isn't.

Lampshard

That is assuming he is constipated. I would recommend casacara to anyone who isn't.
There was this one dentist that Peat quoted on a radio show (?) who told him he successfully cured literally all cases of gum disease by giving them laxatives. Still Emodin is an "adaptogen" so I think worse case scenario it's still basically harmless, but ofc. I don't want to argue if you've had bad experience with it in the past or something! But imo it's an interesting substance to experiment with for anyone.

There was this one dentist that Peat quoted on a radio show (?) who told him he successfully cured literally all cases of gum disease by giving them laxatives. Still Emodin is an "adaptogen" so I think worse case scenario it's still basically harmless, but ofc. I don't want to argue if you've had bad experience with it in the past or something! But imo it's an interesting substance to experiment with for anyone.
...but if a person already runs a little "loose" casacara would be disastrous.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

That sounds terrible! Did your bleeding gums start them or?
No, my gums have been bleeding for years, but only when I brush. The bleeding is accompanied by mild pain, which I believe will stop once the bleeding stops.

Thanks, I'll have to research this further.

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Someone on the forum suggested soaking one's scalp with apple cider vinegar to deal with dandruff, he claimed it was quick and highly effective both for himself and a family member.

I did this two consecutive nights and nothing happened so I stopped the experiment. I may have been more persistent were the problem serious, but it's not.

Someone on the forum suggested soaking one's scalp with apple cider vinegar to deal with dandruff, he claimed it was quick and highly effective both for himself and a family member.

I did this two consecutive nights and nothing happened so I stopped the experiment. I may have been more persistent were the problem serious, but it's not.
Didn't that dry your hair out?

aniciete

I also tried that out recently and it made my dandruff even worse lol.

Vileplume

Hey @Indicator, I'm excited to follow along with your log. It's awesome and inspiring to hear that you've felt so well lately! What's your current diet like?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hey @Indicator, I'm excited to follow along with your log. It's awesome and inspiring to hear that you've felt so well lately! What's your current diet like?
My approach is to ingest adequate amounts of protein, and my experience tells me that adequate means much less than the average consumed in Western diets. I am an Argentine, a country where it's a tradition to eat a barbecue with family or friends in the weekend. I try to eat most of my protein requirements for the entire week at the barbecue, which translates to 500g to 1000g of good quality beef/pork with other traditional cuts such as molleja (cow's thymus gland) and morcilla (blood sausage).

I believe protein is a protagonist in the ageing process, and that eating most of the weekly protein requirements in one day can extend lifespan by increasing autophagy.

Another important aspect of my diet is that I heavily restrict exorphins, I believe this to have healed my depression. Since nearly removing exorphins, my mood has been phenomenal for 3 months straight; I believe this is a huge achievement.

In the morning I eat porridge. I prepare it like the Irish do: with water over heat, until it reaches an appealing consistency. I condiment it with table sugar, cinnamon, and honey.

For lunch I'll usually eat tortilla or white rice. I boil the potatoes in high-quality olive oil when I prepare my tortillas.

In the afternoon I'll snack on ripe fruit and for dinner I have either white rice or tortilla, whatever I didn't have for lunch.

Vileplume

My approach is to ingest adequate amounts of protein, and my experience tells me that adequate means much less than the average consumed in Western diets. I am an Argentine, a country where it's a tradition to eat a barbecue with family or friends in the weekend. I try to eat most of my protein requirements for the entire week at the barbecue, which translates to 500g to 1000g of good quality beef/pork with other traditional cuts such as molleja (cow's thymus gland) and morcilla (blood sausage).

I believe protein is a protagonist in the ageing process, and that eating most of the weekly protein requirements in one day can extend lifespan by increasing autophagy.

Another important aspect of my diet is that I heavily restrict exorphins, I believe this to have healed my depression. Since nearly removing exorphins, my mood has been phenomenal for 3 months straight; I believe this is a huge achievement.

In the morning I eat porridge. I prepare it like the Irish do: with water over heat, until it reaches an appealing consistency. I condiment it with table sugar, cinnamon, and honey.

For lunch I'll usually eat tortilla or white rice. I boil the potatoes in high-quality olive oil when I prepare my tortillas.

In the afternoon I'll snack on ripe fruit and for dinner I have either white rice or tortilla, whatever I didn't have for lunch.
Thanks for such a thorough and informational reply!

-Luke-

Did you change your user name or are there two users with the same profile picture?

OP
Sitaruîm

Sitaruîm

Hello all,

I figured I'd give an update since it's been a while. The protein restriction diet worked for a while but it progressed slowly into an unsustainable state of mania. Everything culminated with me having a resting heart rate of 120 bpm and sleeping 2 hours after my friend's wedding. My dad suggested I go to his psychiatrist and he prescribed olanzapine, which I've been taking since. This happened roughly a month ago, and I'll slowly taper off it and should be off it after 6 months of starting.

There is a family history, on both sides of my family, of mental disease, so this wasn't a case of thoughtless prescribing. I feel as good as before, the only notable side effect is that I sleep slightly more than I'd like, about 10 hours per day. I believe the single most beneficial dietary change I made was the restriction of exorphins three months prior to the incident. I'll be less strict now as @redsun recommends consuming some dairy everyday: I'm having roughly a cup of milk (I have it in my one or two coffees I drink everyday) and cheese sparingly. This drug is working wonders, no big negative side effects, and my productivity and creativity have not diminished. I started a blog and will begin postgraduate education shortly.

A recent dietary change, aside from the daily addition of milk, is the inclusion of a hefty protein meal at nighttime with a salad. Usually this meal consists of red meat or cod, I eat cod at least once a week. I believe this change will help me avoid the excess euphoria that can lead to a manic episode. My coconut oil experiment was brought to a halt due to this incident, and due to running out of it, but I just bought a big tub and might restart it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals