Sodium intake correlates positively with life expectancy and inversely with all-cause mortality

GreenPea

@LadyRae @Rinse & rePeat @GreenPea

How many grams of salt/day do you use? Thanks
I don't measure, just use it to taste and tend to make sure I have a good sprinkle on meals. The other change I have made is that I don't chug down loads of water / herbal teas like i used to (thinking it healthy), I feel like both these factors have contributed to +ve effects.
I use flakes of Maldon sea salt. @LadyRae I hadn't considered benefits of using iodised salt, what could the issue of using non-iodised salt be? (lower thyroid activity?) I'm not a seaweed or liver eater - though do eat shrimp and other sea food.

LadyRae

I don't measure, just use it to taste and tend to make sure I have a good sprinkle on meals. The other change I have made is that I don't chug down loads of water / herbal teas like i used to (thinking it healthy), I feel like both these factors have contributed to +ve effects.
I use flakes of Maldon sea salt. @LadyRae I hadn't considered benefits of using iodised salt, what could the issue of using non-iodised salt be? (lower thyroid activity?) I'm not a seaweed or liver eater - though do eat shrimp and other sea food.
Oh, I don't have anything against iodized salt, I just prefer the taste of the pink salt I guess. I just mentioned it because I wanted to be clear that I get iodine in other ways

The other change I have made is that I don't chug down loads of water / herbal teas like i used to (thinking it healthy), I feel like both these factors have contributed to +ve effects.
I don’t drink any water anymore either, except if I wake up in the middle of the night. A girl I worked with many years ago was drinking a lot of water, bragging that she was up to a gallon a day. I came into work one day to hear that she was in the hospital with her kidneys failing, and she was in her twenties..

GTW

U shaped curve or sweet spot is a global optimum. Within a range on either side one might see a limited but not global positive or negative association with the variable factor. (salt)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals