Starting With Fibromyalgia/cfs/post Polio Syn

OP
B

Birdie

You only need the tetanus shot every 30 years. They used to say every 10 years, but they had no particular reason to say that. When they actually studied it, immunity last at least 30 years. Probably longer. And that goes for the accompanying diphtheria vaccine as well. It's likely that bacterial vaccines work much better than viral vaccines, which I am very dubious about
Exactly.

Should have discussed it here!

The thing is to be know what you want in medical situations and be firm.

Last edited:
Hi Birdie.....Regarding shingles, My mother and one of my best friends (a cancer survivor) both women are 70-ish years old, both got the vaccine for shingles this year and BOTH of them came down with shingles this past winter. This latest outbreak is the second time for my mother.

I'm not convinced the vaccine for shingles works at all.

Hope you're feeling better!

OP
B

Birdie

@thebigpeatowski
Yes, looks like that. I don't get vaccines so never considered this one.
But, thanks for the real life examples. Somehow that's a support there. :D

OP
B

Birdie

For the past week I've been dealing with upper abdominal pain and nausea.
The pain was awakening me half way through the night. Used ginger for the nausea which worked fine.
Have been adjusting my protein/sugar ratio per Peat's advice. Raising the sugar.
And then eating less fat heavy food such as cheese.

Yesterday, skipped the raw carrot, took a different brand of cascara, stopped the lysine, and added extra sugar to my bedtime milk drink.
Making many changes at once doesn't let me know which change helped but decided it would be better to omit too much in hopes of it's helping.
Can always add things back one at a time when the tummy feels better.

Might sound strange to omit the lysine, but I've read many reports of stomach pain from lysine supplementation. Actually I looked it up to see if lysine would help.

Last night: I wasn't awakened by the abdominal cramping pain. I did wake up once and was afraid to drink my usual milk drink but, added extra sugar and drank it. So, it's working better with the extra sugar. I don't have the pain at the moment. Since I had it for the past 3 days, this is an improvement.

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

Also add diarrhea to the complaints. That's improved today.

OP
B

Birdie

I've felt good all day long. Amazing. Continuing to try to keep my sugar up and fat lower. Yesterday, couldn't leave the house for more than a short walk and a few minutes of gardening. Today, did errands in the next town. Took my milky coffee with me. I always do that if I remember. I didn't buy the 25cent popcorn out of tummy fear. I got a latte with sugar after my milk drink was gone. Four and a half hours later, when I got home, had applesauce and 2 meatballs with salt..also oj. Continued to have energy and feel fine.

So, good. Maybe this will keep up. I don't want to change anything that seems to be working. Hopefully will keep my mind to it.
I did have my usual breakfast today..eggs, 2 pcs bacon (I'd been upping that to 3), applesauce, mushrooms, coffee/milk/sugar, sups without lysine.

Another supplement I've stopped for now is the nighttime niacinamide. I was using it 3x a week.

Well, it is so awful to be sick that I am so grateful to feel better. People who are ill all the time..I don't know how they handle it. I mean, I have my disability situation, but it's not life consuming (as would be some illnesses) if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

Just awakened at 4 1/2 hour point of sleep with urge to pee.

Then, thought of taking Activated Charcoal.
I've been taking it for a week for this tummy ache/nausea/diarrhea.
Was taking one capsule. I just took two. In the past just one or two have caused constipation.
It's not doing that now.

At bedtime I took one cascara.
Tonight will not take one.
Really helps to write this out. As I write, can see more clearly that the cascara should be stopped until stools are firm. Lifetime problem with constipation and usually AC use of just a cap or two can bring it on.

Am off to make my milk drink with sugar.
Wasn't going to have it, but thanks to this log, I see that it worked last night.

Took lysine at bedtime because the area of my back where I'd had the shingles rash started acting up with sharp pains and itching. Applied essential oil mix to area. Helped.

OP
B

Birdie

Tried taking 100 mg of niacinamide with food today. Nope. Still got rapid heartbeat and breathlessness.
Plan to try a smaller dose and do some Peat searches for more info.

Right now reading Functional Performance Systems RP quotes on Low Blood Sugar and Stress Reaction.
Feel good right now. Bedtime.

OP
B

Birdie

On that bilateral kind of sternum level between the ribs pain. Looks like possible Costochondritis.
I'd not heard of the connection before, but apparently, it's common with Fibromyalgia.

I palpated and did a few tests. Haven't had this before. Often caused by lifting or repetitive movements using attached muscles there.
Gardening I have been doing just that ^^ . So, I know how to treat it.

Will go find my latest update on the Anemia situation and copy it here. I hope...

OP
B

Birdie

Update from other thread:

....those tests may not be valid because I'd begun taking bis-glycinate iron the week before.
You need to stop any iron supplements 5 days before the blood draw to get reliable results.
So, I probably need to go back to working on the anemia.

With the way I was following Peat, using iron blocker foods, anemia was pretty inevitable since I had been eating a low iron absorbing diet for many years.This is probably not the case for most people. As we know, Ray says to understand your physiology and arrange your food plan from there and that he advises no specific diet.

So, I'm not saying everyone will get anemic following this way of eating. But it was inevitable that I would become anemic, without making the right adjustments according to my starting point with iron.

OP
B

Birdie

Here is a copy of the post for my future reference:

another rewrite : this time carbon dioxide included. basically the philosophy, not diet, to reduce stress in the body.
basically, no green smoothies and low carb diets. also included the idea of giving blood to reduce iron.
avoid all the garbage mentioned in "what doesn't work for hair loss"

eat thyroid supporting foods throughout the day. if it's good for thyroid, do it. not good - avoid.

burn sugar/not fat
more calcium than (phosphate from grains) . calcium is needed for the thyroid
more gelatin than flesh meat,
no fish oil or PUFA, coconut oil/butter instead
carrot a day to reduce estrogen
white sugar to support thyroid
limit excess iron - give blood if necessary.
avoid nuts/seeds/avocados/olives/grains/legumes -

parathyroid hormone - consume more calcium than phosphate
serotonin - deplete with a mix of taurine/l -theanine. avoiding flesh / eating organs/gelatin. also glycine supplementation, but balance glycine with taurine
estrogen - eat one raw carrot a day, grated. also consume an easy to digest diet . beta sitosterol too ? also glycine if not gelatine.
prolactin - lower with salt. also consume more calcium than phosphate
pgd2 - minimise PUFA oils. white rice is okay. the more refined a grain, the easier to digest. avoid nuts/seeds/avocados/olives/grains/legumes -
increase carbon dioxide - use d-ribose sugar maybe ? plain white sugar works too.

eating more sugar to support the thyroid - not burning fat
deplete tryptophan too - avoid flesh, bananas and foods high in it. converts to serotonin. eat organs, not steak

avoiding (cysteine, methionine ,tryptohpan)
avoid pufa. also avoiding all fish oil and oily fish.
the body will make omega 9 mead acid (which is good) when you are depleted in omega 3 and 6,

the inverse relationship :

bad:
Cortisol, (i think)
prolactin,
estrogen,
serotonin

good:
oppose them with:
thyroid, (t3, vitamin A cholesterol)
progesterone,
gelatin,
DHEA,
pregnenolone.
carbon dioxide.

iuyyighghghgkh

OP
B

Birdie

So, I am thinking toward taking Pau d'Arco. First, I'll need to reduce my aspirin. I'd been taking extra for my lifting injury. That turned out to be a sprain, btw, rather than costochondritis. I laid off upper body exercise for about a week since every time I attempted the slightest, ended up in severe pain. That has passed. I used aspirin, cold packs, dmso, heat, and acupressure points/trigger point therapy..

Back to the Pau d'Arco. I think that the Cascara was implicated in my abdominal pain, gas syndrome. After eliminating many things was led to that conclusion. Would like to try the Pd'A, but it can cause blood thinning when used with aspirin. So, now, am reducing the aspirin from 4 or 6 a day to 2 in the evening. After two weeks, I can try the Pd'A in the morning...

That's the plan. I'm slowly seeing better tummy results without the Cascara. It's not for everybody, though it helped me for a long time.

OP
B

Birdie

So, by now, the abdominal cramps and pain have stopped. Still off the Cascara.
Have been using 1 capsule of Pau d'Arco with breakfast. No noticeable blood thinning. I continue with 2 aspirins at bedtime.

OP
B

Birdie

Am using Now MSM lotion on my legs twice a day and 1000mg capsules of same in hopes it will help edema in my calves. This edema has been around for about 3 or 4 years.. First time I noticed it was after a long plane ride to Paris from the west coast of Canada. Huge puffy ankles appeared. Anyway, I keep trying new approaches without good results.

Also working on getting rid of two basal cell cancers using DMSO and ascorbic acid with a little bak soda on them...

Having a rough time with helplessness. Some of this is due to my thyroid meds not working anymore. Using Armour which changed hands again last year. They say the formula is the same but most users disagree and say it's useless... Switching to WP Thyroid by RLC labs which Costco carries and people on Stop the Thyroid Madness say is good. I've always done best with porcine thyroid...

That's it. Gotta lie down...

kaybb

Am using Now MSM lotion on my legs twice a day and 1000mg capsules of same in hopes it will help edema in my calves. This edema has been around for about 3 or 4 years.. First time I noticed it was after a long plane ride to Paris from the west coast of Canada. Huge puffy ankles appeared. Anyway, I keep trying new approaches without good results.

Also working on getting rid of two basal cell cancers using DMSO and ascorbic acid with a little bak soda on them...

Having a rough time with helplessness. Some of this is due to my thyroid meds not working anymore. Using Armour which changed hands again last year. They say the formula is the same but most users disagree and say it's useless... Switching to WP Thyroid by RLC labs which Costco carries and people on Stop the Thyroid Madness say is good. I've always done best with porcine thyroid...

That's it. Gotta lie down...
Sometimes I think the helplessness talked about is sometimes just plain burn out & fatigue. It's a lot of effort every day, what we have to do just to survive in our bodies with health issues. I am amazed at all you tackle and find your posts pretty inspirational.

OP
B

Birdie

@kaybb
Oh, thanks that makes me feel good. Heheh, for a moment at least!

OP
B

Birdie

Wanted to mention I've been using 3.0ml of LDN for a long time now. Months or a year+ type long time.
I think I started at 1.5ml and made increases (.5 ml) only every 3 weeks.

I noticed improvement in recovery from muscle strain type injury when reached 3.0ml.
Continued to increase to 4ml, but went back to 3.

RP thinks that LDN works by reducing endorphins, rather than most people who say it increases them.
I believe he advises just using it for a short period and says it'll do it's good by then.

kaybb

Wanted to mention I've been using 3.0ml of LDN for a long time now. Months or a year+ type long time.
I think I started at 1.5ml and made increases (.5 ml) only every 3 weeks.

I noticed improvement in recovery from muscle strain type injury when reached 3.0ml.
Continued to increase to 4ml, but went back to 3.

RP thinks that LDN works by reducing endorphins, rather than most people who say it increases them.
I believe he advises just using it for a short period and says it'll do it's good by then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals