Stem Cell Patches - too good to be true?

bookshelf

I came across this and am wondering if anyone's tried this 'technology' or if you know anything about it in general.

And no, this is not some "ad" and there is no affiliate attached. I saw this and didn't know who else to ask so I figured I'd posit the notion here.

TIA

bell

I have a friend who uses these religiously, and her health has declined significantly. I actually don't blame the patches for that, but I don't think they help either. I tried the product and didn't get any cool results either.

It doesn't surprise me though, because the people who are speaking so enthusiastically all have a financial incentive to get people to buy the product, so I can't really trust what they say about it. I did look to see if there were any scientific studies which weren't driven by those financial motives, and I didn't find any of those either. Here's someone else's research into it LifeWave X39 stem cell patch story has holes - The Niche

If no one can actually measure a meaningful positive impact, then it seems like it's all very expensive placebo

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I have a friend who uses these religiously, and her health has declined significantly. I actually don't blame the patches for that, but I don't think they help either. I tried the product and didn't get any cool results either.

It doesn't surprise me though, because the people who are speaking so enthusiastically all have a financial incentive to get people to buy the product, so I can't really trust what they say about it. I did look to see if there were any scientific studies which weren't driven by those financial motives, and I didn't find any of those either. Here's someone else's research into it LifeWave X39 stem cell patch story has holes - The Niche

If no one can actually measure a meaningful positive impact, then it seems like it's all very expensive placebo
Excellent insight, thank you, bell.

Kram

The CEO of the company also just looks like a normal guy in his 50s who works out. IMO, if these patches made a meaningful difference, he would look younger. I tried them last year and didn’t notice many health benefits.

S.Holmes

Happy Camper

Schizophonia

Look at Cellule’s “stem cell support” products. Bart kay has spoken about it several times, they are supposed to contain an enzyme ("l-selectin ligand" remember? something like that?) which increases the production and release of cd34+ stem cells.

Happy Camper

The peaty community is a perfect place for LifeWave, folks used to judge the product by their own n=1 research.
The target tripeptide, GHK-Cu is really something.
I'm open, if you know of something easy and peaty to improve GHK-Cu levels, LMK.

Note the preferential first place Google algorithm gave that site slamming LifeWave. That should tell you it works, and works really well.

This tech was created for the Dept of Defense 20 years ago. I'm sure the Seals using it on the Bin Laden raid were happy to have Energy Enhancer.

I think some patches might activate serotonin, so I don't use those.

Check out the latest invention of this "scam" tech company for humanitarian purposes like search and rescue.

View: https://youtu.be/XISCErJ8XGE?si=wHvaFePYB0r_5t89

View: https://www.facebook.com/1546665912/posts/pfbid0RFkvfQ6NZYZGczdfTUfqfjXk9YSQugNFpvbJy6yQjrU4gJj5wMX2cmnFG1dFSe3Gl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Last edited:

S.Holmes

The peaty community is a perfect place for LifeWave, folks used to judge the product by their own n=1 research.
The target tripeptide, GHK-Cu is really something.
I'm open, if you know of something easy and peaty to improve GHK-Cu levels, LMK.

Note the preferential first place Google algorithm gave that site slamming LifeWave. That should tell you it works, and works really well.

This tech was created for the Dept of Defense 20 years ago. I'm sure the Seals using it on the Bin Laden raid were happy to have Energy Enhancer.

I think some patches might activate serotonin, so I don't use those.

Check out the latest invention of this "scam" tech company for humanitarian purposes like search and rescue.

View: https://youtu.be/XISCErJ8XGE?si=wHvaFePYB0r_5t89

View: https://www.facebook.com/1546665912/posts/pfbid0RFkvfQ6NZYZGczdfTUfqfjXk9YSQugNFpvbJy6yQjrU4gJj5wMX2cmnFG1dFSe3Gl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

HOW something works is important. For example, fish oil reduces inflammation, but it wrecks the liver and suppresses immunity in the process. So how do these patches work?

The research I posted above showed that the Lifewave energy patches raise cortisol. (I wonder if the other LW patches do this as well.) Do a forum search for cortisol. I don't see how having chronically elevated cortisol is a good thing. The increase in energy? People usually feel energized when stress hormones are elevated. Ever heard of a runner's high? One primary goal stated rePEATedly in this forum is to keep stress hormones low. If anyone finds good scientific support for the patches, exactly HOW they work, and the long term safety of their continual use I would love to see it. (P.S. I tried the patches for a week and sent them back.)

LucyL

So my chiropractor swears by these Lifewave patches, claims it cured his stenosis. He wore two different ones for a full year, I think the X39 and the X49. He said one was for pain and the other promoted the healing. I believe that he is telling the truth, and not just scamming a story to sell the stuff, but even at that it is just one testimonial.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
HOW something works is important. For example, fish oil reduces inflammation, but it wrecks the liver and suppresses immunity in the process. So how do these patches work?

The research I posted above showed that the Lifewave energy patches raise cortisol. (I wonder if the other LW patches do this as well.) Do a forum search for cortisol. I don't see how having chronically elevated cortisol is a good thing. The increase in energy? People usually feel energized when stress hormones are elevated. Ever heard of a runner's high? One primary goal stated rePEATedly in this forum is to keep stress hormones low. If anyone finds good scientific support for the patches, exactly HOW they work, and the long term safety of their continual use I would love to see it. (P.S. I tried the patches for a week and sent them back.)
A couple in their 70’s at my church swear by them and they seem to be doing decent all and all for their age but nothing extraordinary. They look their age as well fwiw although I’ve only known them for a few years so I can’t really judge how they were before. They tried to get me to try them but the cost was more than my car payment so I passed on them. I’m an experimenter so I probably would have tried them if the price was right but it bothered me that it was basically a pyramid scheme and I couldn’t find any convincing science about how they supposedly work.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

A couple in their 70’s at my church swear by them and they seem to be doing decent all and all for their age but nothing extraordinary. They look their age as well fwiw although I’ve only known them for a few years so I can’t really judge how they were before. They tried to get me to try them but the cost was more than my car payment so I passed on them. I’m an experimenter so I probably would have tried them if the price was right but it bothered me that it was basically a pyramid scheme and I couldn’t find any convincing science about how they supposedly work.

So my chiropractor swears by these Lifewave patches, claims it cured his stenosis. He wore two different ones for a full year, I think the X39 and the X49. He said one was for pain and the other promoted the healing. I believe that he is telling the truth, and not just scamming a story to sell the stuff, but even at that it is just one testimonial.

It truly disturbs me to my core (<- and I can't emphasize this enough just how much) when remedies that (reportedly) work are caught up in a pyramid scheme and/or taken over by greed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals