Strange Symptoms And Myalgia

bornamachine

Strange symptoms and aspirin toxicity?

Please quote me when you repky so I get a notification, thanks!!

OP
I

Interactome

bornamachine said:
post 102505 Please quote me when you repky so I get a notification, thanks!!

Hi.

Well, here's the story: I started having some burning stabbing pain in my chest/back a few weeks after I started the baby aspirin. I also took some vit E, ate ginger and some gingko. Then I suddenly couldn't train anymore because my blood pressure would rise quickly. I thought it was the heart so I kept on with the aspirin. Then my kidneys started hurting (lower back) and it looked like my urine got darker and more foamy. Then I started waking up every 1-2 hours extremely thirsty and feeling like my heart skips beats if I lie down, so I've often tried to sleep sitting up (low blood volume either due to blood loss or evaporation?). Went to the ER. Doc said my creatinine and other values looked normal and liver enzymes looked ok, no protein in the urine, and my heart is still beating fine so maybe it's in my head (it was always getting better after I drank a lot). I took some blood tests at a private lab and ordered by chance the ammonia, which was elevated (85). Then I started being really dizzy, like I'm on a boat (still am, especially when I get up and walk). I measured my urine pH a few times and it was around 7.5. Then a week ago I started having pain in the spleen area. I also sometimes got a bruise in my palm if I would do something that put too much pressure on it. The stabbing pain in my chest comes and goes now. So maybe there could be some bleeding from the oesophagus and that could cause the high ammonia? I just googled around and found something about internal bleeding and ammonia.

I've stopped the aspirin almost 2 weeks ago, but I continued with the vit E (400 IU) and some gingko and ginger. Stopped those two 2 days ago also. Took a vit K pill yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

bornamachine

This sounds very similar to what OP was descrdibing.... only it doesnt seem he is too bad by the tone of his writing... me on the other hand I dunno... I keep on wanting to write what is going on with me but it takes too much out of me, the past week has been the roughest, I wake with bad arrythmia and heart feeling off im under the impression my heart will fail me one day... the only thing that helps is aspirin now but I take very very little, u bite off the 325mcg pill and average about 100mcg I would estimate, it relaxes me almost instantly and my heart beats smooth... today I havent taken any but instead ate some buckwheat, thats the only thing that used to help me alot

OP
I

Interactome

bornamachine said:
post 102510 This sounds very similar to what OP was descrdibing.... only it doesnt seem he is too bad by the tone of his writing... me on the other hand I dunno... I keep on wanting to write what is going on with me but it takes too much out of me, the past week has been the roughest, I wake with bad arrythmia and heart feeling off im under the impression my heart will fail me one day... the only thing that helps is aspirin now but I take very very little, u bite off the 325mcg pill and average about 100mcg I would estimate, it relaxes me almost instantly and my heart beats smooth... today I havent taken any but instead ate some buckwheat, thats the only thing that used to help me alot

Well, I'm the OP :) It is quite bad, especially these past 3 months where I didn't know what was happening. And the heart docs at the ER kept telling me there's nothing with my heart, so I'm a bit hesitant with going over with another theory of what's wrong. I'd like to somehow confirm it before going there again. If I could only look into my stomach or oesophagus to see if there's any bleeding. Perhaps if I try throwing up and look at what comes up... there's an idea (probably stupid).

Have you been to the ER or your doc? Do you have any history of heart problems? Blood tests that have shown that anything could be wrong?

yomama

Interactome said:
post 102517If I could only look into my stomach or oesophagus to see if there's any bleeding.

Carefully look at your stool, if black(ish) you may have some bleeding in oesophagus or stomach, they turn black cause you digest your own blood. If blood clots or fresh blood it could be from colon. Usually bleeding from stomach could be from ulcers, varices if from oesophagus and cancer if from colon. Only way to be sure is to check through an endoscopy and a colonoscopy.
Anyway if you do not suffer a brutal hemorrhage which could kill you in minutes/hours but just a drop by drop bleeding so you should have anemia markes/symptoms.

bornamachine

Interactome said:
post 102517
bornamachine said:
post 102510 This sounds very similar to what OP was descrdibing.... only it doesnt seem he is too bad by the tone of his writing... me on the other hand I dunno... I keep on wanting to write what is going on with me but it takes too much out of me, the past week has been the roughest, I wake with bad arrythmia and heart feeling off im under the impression my heart will fail me one day... the only thing that helps is aspirin now but I take very very little, u bite off the 325mcg pill and average about 100mcg I would estimate, it relaxes me almost instantly and my heart beats smooth... today I havent taken any but instead ate some buckwheat, thats the only thing that used to help me alot

Well, I'm the OP :) It is quite bad, especially these past 3 months where I didn't know what was happening. And the heart docs at the ER kept telling me there's nothing with my heart, so I'm a bit hesitant with going over with another theory of what's wrong. I'd like to somehow confirm it before going there again. If I could only look into my stomach or oesophagus to see if there's any bleeding. Perhaps if I try throwing up and look at what comes up... there's an idea (probably stupid).

Have you been to the ER or your doc? Do you have any history of heart problems? Blood tests that have shown that anything could be wrong?

Ive been to the er plenty times and even with my arrythmia they said ekg is fine they xrayed my chest etc and said everything was fibe they did full blood tests and said its fine my iron test from the er was always good at 35% saturation I finally figured something out, its BS either their machines are not calibrated or the fact that its not fasting test, anyway I did an actual test and I had 67% saturation, I had such incredible head and eyeball pressure but 110 over 70 BP I finally through thinking realized that viscosity of a liquid makes a big diff therefore your heart will beat slower to decrease the pressure, I finally took some aspirin and got immidiate relief, I managed to make it the blood bank ans I felt so horrible like I was dying they tried to take blood but it was super dark and stopped flowing after 100cc so they stopped, I stumbled my way out super dizzy finally after couple month I went again and gave a unit, it wiped me out but after couple weeks I started improving, ive donated 6 times since, its been a mostly an improving journey I went back to work full time have energy etc but before my fifth donation I started getting heart pain even though I was getting on the lower side of iron I took a leap of faith and donated again, the heart pain dissapeared! I started drinking coffe in my flask to work instead of tea as well after donation, an amazing thing happened 3 weeks after donating, two variables came into play, I donated blood and I stared drinking coffee, after 3 weeks of those changes something happened, I call it the regeneration stage, it was the best week of my life since my health woes, I woke up on monday and felt different.... good, I noticed that my short term memory became 100% I felt good again and energetic I would for no reason want to do a pull up and actually would! My libido came back and it was amazing, after a week of consistent regeneration amd feeling like a teenager we went to eat out at LL bbq sunday night, the food was horrible soaked in oil nd the chicked didnt taste like chicken... anyway after that came degeneration, idk if it was the cause but I doubt it, my libido dissapeared again like it had been for years, my short term memory hindered not feeling beat after work etc there was a def decline for 2 weeks and enetering 3rd week u started getting slight heart pain at work, then I woud feel off when going to bed with bad arrythmia, from monday night to thursday it was really bad and kept on getting worse so I would take a bit of aspirin, sometimes even at work, my hypoglycemia like feeling came back at work and I would feel drained unless I ate and was starving after work, on thursday I drank orange juice and felt much better during work, night was horrible, on friday I drank orange juice and was awesome at work for the most part, talkative funny humorous quick like I am when im healthy, anyway yesterday friday nighy again arrythmia came but I didnt take aspirin this time, I ate some buckwheat again like I used to in my dark days (when my heart felt like ot would burst) and once again, it helped! I felt good all of a suddent and fell asleep without waking, its saturday morning now and I feel good heart feels good and I have a ton of things to do I gotta run

tara

Interactome said:
post 102507 Then my kidneys started hurting (lower back) and it looked like my urine got darker and more foamy. Then I started waking up every 1-2 hours extremely thirsty and feeling like my heart skips beats if I lie down, so I've often tried to sleep sitting up (low blood volume either due to blood loss or evaporation?).

If your urine is dark, the first thing I'd be wondering about whether there is insufficient water to dilute it adequately.
How much are you drinking? Are you drinking to thirst routinely (this is Peat's recommendation)?

I think lack of water can affect the heart too - if the blood is insufficiently dilute, the blood is thicker and harder to pump, and this puts strain on the heart. This is more from RBTI than from Peat. I don't recall the RBTI formula, which is based on weight, and I expect the optimal depends on climate and exertion and thyroid status, but Reams suggested drinking a little water (eg approx 100 mls, but more or less according to weight etc.) every half an hour from waking and for the next 12 hours. I know htere are lots of people here who have trouble if they drink too much, but you can drink too little, too and get into trouble that way as well. If you are drinking lots of milk and or OJ, you probably wouldn't need to drink that much straight water, unless you are sweating a lot.
I know I can into trouble from under-drinking, as well as over-drinking.

Interactome said:
post 102507 I measured my urine pH a few times and it was around 7.5.

Ideally average UpH should be between 6.3-6.7, acc. Peat (similar for Reams). It could be that the particular readings you took were times in such a way as to be afected by something you had recently eaten, but if it is reflective of the average, it seems way to alkaline.
More ideas from reading about RBTI: If you are supplementing baking soda, I'd suggest stopping that for now. If calcium carbonate, I'd suggest reducing the back off to a lower dose. Both of these would be expected to push the system more alkaline. Reams would suggest supplementing vit-C and not vit D in general for alkaline systems, but Peat is sceptical about quality of available vit-C supplements. I can't currently remember which foods Reams recommended for people with over-alkaline systems, other than oranges etc.

Not sure if these are relevant, but they might be - and some changes are easy to try for the sake of experimenting.

Giraffe

Giraffe

Insufficient dietary intake of calcium, magnesium or protein stimulates secretion of parathyroid hormone.
Ray Peat said:
If dietary calcium isn't sufficient, causing blood calcium to decrease, the PTH increases, and removes calcium from bones to maintain a normal amount in the blood. PTH has many other effects, contributing to inflammation, calcification of soft tissues, and decreased respiratory energy production. Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths
Ray Peat said:
The antimetabolic actions of PTH mimic those seen in aging and diabetes, and surgical removal of the parathyroid glands has been known to eliminate diabetes. PTH can cause diuresis, leading to loss of blood volume and dehydration, hypertension, paralysis, increased rate of cell division, and growth of cartilage, bone, and other tissues.
Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy
The case is presented of a 65 year old lady with recent onset of neuromuscular manifestations, comprising paraparesis, areflexia and unsteady gait, along with episodes of slurring of speech and diplopia, later confirmed to be due to severe hypercalcaemia--which itself was caused by primary hyperparathyroidism.
Lessons to be learned: a case study approach. Primary hyperparathyroidism simulating an acute severe polyneuritis.
Diuresis can cause hypokalemia.
Mild hypokalemia is often without symptoms, although it may cause a small elevation of blood pressure, and can occasionally provoke the development of an abnormal heart rhythm. Severe hypokalemia, with serum potassium concentrations of 2.5–3 meq/l (Nl: 3.5–5.0 meq/l), may cause muscle weakness, myalgia, tremor, and muscle cramps (owing to disturbed function of skeletal muscle), and constipation (from disturbed function of smooth muscle). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypokalemia

tara

Interactome said:
post 102507 I took some blood tests at a private lab and ordered by chance the ammonia, which was elevated (85). Then I started being really dizzy, like I'm on a boat (still am, especially when I get up and walk).
I think this may give the heart a hard time too, and drinking more water may help with that too, as long as it doesn't get you hypoglycemic.

OP
I

Interactome

bornamachine said:

So you're thinking it's something like hemochromatosis? Did you test for that? Last time they took blood from me (a month ago) it also was a bit harder for them to get the blood flowing out of my arm. Probably due to this constant feeling of dehydration/electrolyte imbalance that the aspirin somehow started in me. You don't have thirst issues? Dehydration can probably increasing blood viscosity.

OP
I

Interactome

tara said:
post 102644 If your urine is dark, the first thing I'd be wondering about whether there is insufficient water to dilute it adequately.
How much are you drinking? Are you drinking to thirst routinely (this is Peat's recommendation)?

I think lack of water can affect the heart too - if the blood is insufficiently dilute, the blood is thicker and harder to pump, and this puts strain on the heart. This is more from RBTI than from Peat. I don't recall the RBTI formula, which is based on weight, and I expect the optimal depends on climate and exertion and thyroid status, but Reams suggested drinking a little water (eg approx 100 mls, but more or less according to weight etc.) every half an hour from waking and for the next 12 hours. I know htere are lots of people here who have trouble if they drink too much, but you can drink too little, too and get into trouble that way as well. If you are drinking lots of milk and or OJ, you probably wouldn't need to drink that much straight water, unless you are sweating a lot.
I know I can into trouble from under-drinking, as well as over-drinking.

I need to cure the dehydration and keep my blood from forming blood clots without aspirin. Right now I'm having some ginger and maybe I'll take some vit E topically a few times a week as mentioned somewhere above. But somehow the aspirin did something so that the water just disappears from me. If not bleeding then something with electrolytes, or it just evaporates. I also felt puffy sometimes so it might flow out into tissues. I'll try some mineral water with some extra Mg, Ca and Na in it.

I'll look into the RBTI thingy. And I'll try to sip some water regularly.

I measured my "poo pH" to about 9 (with pH paper). I don't see any obvious blood in my stool right now. If I was loosing blood, then maybe the milk diet would make me anemic.

tara said:
post 102644 Ideally average UpH should be between 6.3-6.7, acc. Peat (similar for Reams). It could be that the particular readings you took were times in such a way as to be afected by something you had recently eaten, but if it is reflective of the average, it seems way to alkaline.
More ideas from reading about RBTI: If you are supplementing baking soda, I'd suggest stopping that for now. If calcium carbonate, I'd suggest reducing the back off to a lower dose. Both of these would be expected to push the system more alkaline. Reams would suggest supplementing vit-C and not vit D in general for alkaline systems, but Peat is sceptical about quality of available vit-C supplements. I can't currently remember which foods Reams recommended for people with over-alkaline systems, other than oranges etc.

Not sure if these are relevant, but they might be - and some changes are easy to try for the sake of experimenting.

I'll reduce the milk for a while as I feel like it makes my ability to talk more difficult. Like I get drunk. Maybe it's the ammonia that causes that? And also reduce the fruit for a while. My tongue rash (candida probably) gets worse if I eat a lot of sugar and milk. Maybe also related to ammonia? And all of it related to some liver issues that don't show up on a regular blood test? Well, high ammonia must indicate some sort of liver issues. Either the milk and fruit are hard on the liver or they feed certain bacteria that produce more ammonia than my slow liver can handle at the moment. I measured my "poo pH" to about 9 (with pH paper). I don't see any obvious blood in my stool right now. If I was loosing blood, then maybe the milk diet would make me anemic.

I feel better after eating meat than after fruit/milk. Maybe due to the high ammonia my body doesn't like alkaline foods right now. I can lower the pH of urin to under 7 by eating meat.

I'll try a bit of vit C and see what happens. I've started having a red bell pepper instead of OJ for the C.

I noticed that I feel worse if I put baking soda in my water - like my calfs wanna cramp. But the solution is probably to lower the ammonia.

Looking around on the site I found some things to lower ammonia:

- coconut oil to feed the liver?
- K2
- carrot and bamboo to reduce intestinal bacteria
- ceylon cinnamon
- B1
- Zn
- ~25g protein per meal - 4 meals/day
- adequate carbs with the protein
- maybe try to balance my protein as mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7269

I'm wondering weather my ammonia was high before I took the aspirin.

OP
I

Interactome

Giraffe said:
post 102736 Insufficient dietary intake of calcium, magnesium or protein stimulates secretion of parathyroid hormone.

I'm adding some Mg and Ca to my mineral water.

1 months ago my PTH was normal 29.4 (15-65). But I had been off aspirin for 1.5 weeks by then. I started the aspirin again a week later because I went blind in half of my right eye for a few minutes (maybe a transient clot) after I tried bag breathing a few times that day (I had also been eating kale daily for 5-6 days) and I got scared. The thirst and kidney pain returned together with crazy dizziness 1 day later. That's when I decided it must all be due to the aspirin. And I also somehow managed to dilate some veins on the back of my left hand by accidentally leaning the back of my hand against the edge table for 15 min or so. Maybe the dehydration somehow made the blood pool and the walls have gotten weaker due to circumstances. Crazy stuff.

I also read that high prolactin isn't good. Mine was 448 (98-456). Maybe due to stress.

Giraffe said:
post 102736 Diuresis can cause hypokalemia.
Mild hypokalemia is often without symptoms, although it may cause a small elevation of blood pressure, and can occasionally provoke the development of an abnormal heart rhythm. Severe hypokalemia, with serum potassium concentrations of 2.5–3 meq/l (Nl: 3.5–5.0 meq/l), may cause muscle weakness, myalgia, tremor, and muscle cramps (owing to disturbed function of skeletal muscle), and constipation (from disturbed function of smooth muscle). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypokalemia

But eating fruit (high in K) makes me feel worse. Probably due to the ammonia. That's of course doesn't mean that I couldn't be low on K. I have no idea. If only I could measure all this just as easily as blood sugar :)

I'll look through some of the articles this week, see if I get some ideas. Thanks :)

tara

Interactome said:
post 102942 I measured my "poo pH" to about 9 (with pH paper).
I have no idea if poo pH means anything.

Interactome said:
post 102942 I noticed that I feel worse if I put baking soda in my water - like my calfs wanna cramp.
Since you have measured excessively alkaline, and feel worse for drinking baking soda, why are you still doing it? Have you read the threads here or in general about milk-alkali syndrome?

Interactome said:
post 102942 Either the milk and fruit are hard on the liver or they feed certain bacteria that produce more ammonia than my slow liver can handle at the moment.
If the system gets more protein than it can use well, excess ammonia can be an issue. This could apply to milk protein and/or meat, eggs, etc. I would not expect it to apply to any carbohydrate. If there is trouble with high ammonia, I'd be going for more carbs (including whichever fruit agree with you) and less protein (including meat) for a bit. Low carb high protein would be expected to worsen such a condition.
Some fruit can feed microbiota. For some people that is fine, for others it causes trouble with endotoxin. That's why Peat often recommends well-strained OJ, for instance. Regular carrot salad, occasional activated charcoal, cascara sagrada if needed can help keep things moving out and mitigate this issue.

Interactome said:
post 102942 I feel better after eating meat than after fruit/milk. Maybe due to the high ammonia my body doesn't like alkaline foods right now.
If you feel better after meat than fruit and milk, I'd guess ammonia is not your problem. As before, if you are too alkaline, stop the baking soda.

Interactome said:
post 102942 I need to cure the dehydration and keep my blood from forming blood clots without aspirin. Right now I'm having some ginger and maybe I'll take some vit E topically a few times a week as mentioned somewhere above. But somehow the aspirin did something so that the water just disappears from me. If not bleeding then something with electrolytes, or it just evaporates.
The most common cause of dehydration is not drinking enough. No point in considering possible rare causes until the very likely cause is addressed. Could you tell us roughly how much you are drinking (including milk, juice, coffee, broth, etc) and peeing (frequency)? Not much point in discussing dehydration without basics like water quantity. I very much doubt this has anything to do with aspirin. It makes sense that electrolytes can be useful. That's one of the benefits of juice and milk and salting food to taste. Veges or vege broth can also supply some of this. Did you answer about whether you are salting to taste and how much salt that is?

If meat does you good, then I'd be eating it. With at least twice as much carbs as protein.

I rather doubt that baby aspirin is the cause of any of your trouble, but people can have their own allergies and intolerances, so just stop if you don't think it's helping you. Milk messes with my head too. It's great food for those who can digest and use it well. For people with allergies or intolerances to a particular food, they can cause trouble. Some people manage to recover their ability to drink milk, or they do better with cheese etc. Have you read Peat's article on milk yet?

You haven't actually spelled out much about your diet, as far as I can see, so hard to know what else might be setting you up for your problems, but there are some obvious candidates: heart valve issue, possible severe under-drinking, reckless baking soda supplementation, and possible deficiency of some minerals/electrolytes. If the heart valve issue is key, there may not be a simple solution. The others you can address.

Interactome said:
post 102944 I'll look through some of the articles this week, see if I get some ideas. Thanks :)
If you are interested in learning about how to use Peat's ideas, I suggest reading a good few of Peat's articles and interviews.

OP
I

Interactome

tara said:
post 102963 Since you have measured excessively alkaline, and feel worse for drinking, why are you still doing it? Have you read the threads here or in general about milk-alkali syndrome?

Hi. Thanks for the ideas. I was about to suggest hypoaldosteronism (I cannot really check right now), as the symptoms fit, but the milk-alkali could explain some things. Thanks for bringing that up! I just had a look at some posts. I'll assume this for a while and see if it helps.

The chest stabbing, blood pressure issues, very low pulse (around 50 when I wake up at night, so lower while I sleep), inability to exercise without the blood pressure spiking, constant thirst (when it was really bad I drank maybe 2 l tap water a night), lower back pain (kidneys?) all started gradually at the end of July after I have been on a very alkaline diet for 4 weeks trying to get a lot of vit C and Mg in case of heart disease (the Pauling thing + my own idea of an alkaline diet). I was consuming

- limes/lemons + sodium bicarb
- oranges/oj + sodium bicarb
- kiwis
- 2-5g ascorbate
- lots of watermelon (with some salt)
- mineral water
- Mg (600mg/day) - I was thinking that maybe this could have lowered my pulse drastically?
- a bit more green vegetables
- less meat
- no milk
- one baby aspirin/day
- B3
- vit E
- ginger
- turmeric
- CoQ10
- taurine

Maybe aspirin is not a good idea while in a hyperalkaline state?

I also noticed that I don't breathe much. But I get out of breath quickly. Very contradictory. I don't need much air, but I don't have enough air!

I'm thinking then, that if this is the problem, then something like this might work:

Yes to more acidic foods:
- meat
- liver
- masa/rice 4 carbs
- cheese
- regular water
- K2 (to decalcify)

No to too alkaline foods:
- Mg and Ca supplements
- chocolate (Mg + oxalate (kidneys))
- mineral water (bicarbonate)
- baking soda

Little/Limit:
- milk
- (alkaline) fruit

I'm feeling a little better now that I've eaten some beef and masa pancakes with cheese :)

I haven't had much coffee. But I'll try to see what effect it has.

tara said:
post 102963 If the system gets more protein than it can use well, excess ammonia can be an issue. This could apply to milk protein and/or meat, eggs, etc. I would not expect it to apply to any carbohydrate. If there is trouble with high ammonia, I'd be going for more carbs (including whichever fruit agree with you) and less protein (including meat) for a bit. Low carb high protein would be expected to worsen such a condition.
Some fruit can feed microbiota. For some people that is fine, for others it causes trouble with endotoxin. That's why Peat often recommends well-strained OJ, for instance. Regular carrot salad, occasional activated charcoal, cascara sagrada if needed can help keep things moving out and mitigate this issue.

Interactome wrote:
Source of the post I feel better after eating meat than after fruit/milk. Maybe due to the high ammonia my body doesn't like alkaline foods right now.
If you feel better after meat than fruit and milk, I'd guess ammonia is not your problem. As before, if you are too alkaline, stop the baking soda.

Well, the symptoms I got during the past 3 months are a whole different thing from the muscle aches and speech problems that I had before my above diet. That's what I mean by meat making me feel better. It doesn't remove the other problems.

I had switched from paleo: meat, vegetables, very very little carbs, bunch of nuts and flaxseeds, berries. I was on this for about 5 years.
Then, 2 years ago, I switched to more Peat-like foods (though probably without all the necessary nutrients) over the course of 3-5 months. The diet consisted of: ice cream, gummies, 1-2 liters of milk (usually full fat), mangos, dates, some gelatin, oranges, less meat, coconut oil, eggs, much fewer vegetables, occasional liver. I was gaining weight, but felt slowly more and more off. I was also more stressed in certain periods during this time and didn't sleep that much. Maybe that's why I switched. It felt so easy to eat this way. Much less cooking time.

I'll give the endotoxin idea a go once I fix this alkaline issue. I'll try to only keep a bit of well strained OJ instead of all types of fruit for carbs, and cut out all milk for a while in case it feeds some sort of bacteria/candida.

I do the carrot and bamboo now. I'll order the charcoal and cascara sagrada at some point to try it out.

It could be that the hypoammonemia is unrelated to all this and it was just something I found by chance - or maybe it is. I need to keep an eye on it and bring it down.

tara

Interactome said:
post 103117 constant thirst (when it was really bad I drank maybe 2 l tap water a night)
So how much water had you taken on board during the day before? On average over a few days?

Interactome said:
post 103117 Maybe aspirin is not a good idea while in a hyperalkaline state?
I think it's not a good idea to get into a hyperalkaline state for long. I don't know what aspirin does when you are in that state.
I'm not saying you definitely have milk-alkali syndrome, just that it's a hazard to be aware of and avoid. If you have the symptoms, then did you read how the others recovered from it?

Avoiding the baking soda seems like the obvious correction. I don't know if you need to do anything else about it or not.
I would expect ascorbic acid C to be acidifying.
And vinegar.
You still need to get adequate magnesium and calcium regularly from somewhere. Some forms may be less alkalinising than others (I think calcium carbonate is alkalinising), but I don't know know the details of the different forms.
I don't know if you need to avoid most fruit, or milk, unless you can tell they bother you.
If meat and liver and cheese and rice/masa work for you, then by all means eat them at least for now. But you still need to get all your basic nutrition in somehow, so you may well need to eat wider than that.

There are contradictory lists of acidifying and alkalinising foods around. My hunch would be to go with Reams on this - my impression is he knew his biochemistry and his food well.

But the real test is what works for you. So you can try changing things, and use your pH strips to see if it is moving in the right direction towards a slightly acidic UpH.

tara

Interactome said:
post 103117 I also noticed that I don't breathe much. But I get out of breath quickly. Very contradictory. I don't need much air, but I don't have enough air!
I'm not sure about this, but I suspect that if your system is much too alkaline (too much baking soda etc), it may be retaining breath to keep CO2 higher, to help counteract the problem. If it's extreme, that could maybe keep your oxygen saturation a bit lower than usual.

I don't think people generally get milk alkali from drinking milk - more a consequence of too much calcium supplements and baking soda or similar.

OP
I

Interactome

tara said:
post 103127 I think it's not a good idea to get into a hyperalkaline state for long. I don't know what aspirin does when you are in that state.

I found this on the web: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/nsaids ... plications

It feels like this is what I have. I'll try to read more about what I could do to heal this. Just drink more? And why doesn't it go away now that it's been 2.5 weeks with no Aspirin...

OP
I

Interactome

tara said:
post 103127 I think it's not a good idea to get into a hyperalkaline state for long. I don't know what aspirin does when you are in that state.

More reading leads me to suspect renal tubular acidosis type II or type IV...

OP
I

Interactome

[ref=#009999]tara[/ref], ... apparently milk-alkali syndrome also leads to RTA (type 1) according to this youtube video on hypercalcemia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAeWKCXDniw

And when they put me in the hospital 3.5 months ago, it was because they thought I had a blod clot in part of my heart, which I read is something that hypercalcemia can mimic.

Well, I'll try to

- increase K2 (I have MK7) to decalcify tissues
- drink a lot of .9% salt water to excrete some Ca / add even more salt to foods
- avoid too much calcium (cut back on dairy - a cup of milk/day or a bit of cheese)
- no vitamin D
- keep some Mg?
- avoid bicarbonate and carbonate
- cut back on alkaline foods
- eat more cinnamon and some sodas with sodium benzoate to reduce ammonia
- not too much protein at once
- eat a bit more acidic foods (meat and some vegetables to get some folate)

and maybe

- get a full body MRI to make sure I don't have a tumor somewhere

I don't have any thyroid or progesterone to experiment with, so I hope the above is enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals