Stress responses to caffeine/thyroid

Ismail

I think it is just because it can be so energetically demanding, the liver needs time to replenish glycogen and catch up as a sluggish liver metabolizes caffeine slowly.

Makes total sense! Thanks for the update.

What type of coffee are you using and how do you prepare it etc.?

lamassu

I wrote to ray about this issue and he mentioned slowly getting the metabolic rate up with the help of magnesium intake. That and slowly adapting over time. But to be honest i've had very limited success with this so far

Risingfire

I understand that people with fatty liver or other liver dysfunction can have stress responses to caffeine and thyroid. I know @haidut spoke about this and there is probably an adjustment period that I need, but my question is if the stress response to caffeine can be so extreme that it cause muscle loss? I seem to be getting fatter and weaker. This seems to happen every time I incorporate caffeine. Will this effect stop if I keep trying to lean out my liver and top off my glycogen stores. Also it also seems to make me almost hypersexual and unable to focus. This is really weird because coffee used to make me feel happy and energetic when I was younger and stimulant medication helped me focus. For reference points I am 29 years old. In my mid twenties I couldn’t consume a glass of orange juice without having a full blown panic attack and cold hands/feet. Now I can consume a decent amount of sugar and feel okay. Will the muscle loss eventually stop?
Are you consuming these on an empty stomach?

OP
T

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
I was using an organic South American blend from a company called Kicking Horse. Drip brewed. Other than that, just RedBull.
Just started up with coffee again brewed pretty strong. I’m finding that starch actually seems to help more than sugar in preventing a stress response. I know insulin release lends itself well to opposing adrenaline. Perhaps the higher insulin response of starch is just what someone needs to offset stress if their liver function still needs improvement.
View: https://youtu.be/ZXckIzgrUhg

PKS

Sorry if I missed it. But could you explain roughly how fatty liver can cause someone to be sensitive to caffeine? I ask because I have a fatty liver. And i drank a cup of joe the other day , and i felt like i was dying lol. I think it was an adrenalin rush, because i felt great and deathly awful at the same time. I tried another cup yesterday and i was fine at first, but then have felt tired all of today, and just awful.
almost similar experience for me too. I too think this is something to do with adrenaline spike and crash.

OP
T

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
almost similar experience for me too. I too think this is something to do with adrenaline spike and crash.
I should have said it in my post above, but the video I linked is very relevant to fatty liver and explains very well how starch may be the solution. Tim Berzins explains how insulin opposes adrenaline, and why sugar may worsen issues for someone who already has impaired liver glycogen storage. After leaning of the liver sugar becomes more beneficial. Definitely watch the video. Danny Roddy has had Tim Berzins on live stream before.

Ismail

I should have said it in my post above, but the video I linked is very relevant to fatty liver and explains very well how starch may be the solution. Tim Berzins explains how insulin opposes adrenaline, and why sugar may worsen issues for someone who already has impaired liver glycogen storage. After leaning of the liver sugar becomes more beneficial. Definitely watch the video. Danny Roddy has had Tim Berzins on live stream before.
Thank you, this was a very good reminder and a beneficial comment - I’ve seen this video a couple of years ago, but watching again as I remember it being quite beneficial. Thank you again 🙏

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals