Sucrose is the primary source of modern disease

ThinPicking

Oh I see who I'm dealing with here, a sour conspiracy theorist who blames the government for all his personal shortcomings.
You seem to be strongly intent on defending the multi-billion dollar sugar industry for some reason, why is that?

Please leave my thread, I think we know who you really are.
Mr Alpha, empathy around you can go one of two ways and most would probably prefer the good way. If you're having an ongoing metabolic issue or have recovered from one in a particular manor that's contrary to Dr Peat's angles it would be better for you to describe that. And mediate the contents of your cranium with your cardiac while you write it. Whatever it is or was will probably have more nuance to it than you can reach alone.

For example. Sorry to hear about your night sweats. I can reliably cause such a thing in myself by simply gulping a fluid at high pressure and volume on top of the last meal I eat before sleeping, before it's left my stomach of its own accord. If I take the same fluid and sip through it, limiting the volume and pressure it doesn't happen. In absence of a study to explain this, I used myself, friends and family as lab rats, along with a bit of thought around some other studies. If you read these, you may see what I'm getting at. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it isn't. Maybe you should try it. Maybe you'll light up like a christmas tree in a matter of days.

Aside from the wealth of evidence and context sighted by Dr Peat, there are too many people who report improvements in wellbeing and body composition for his ideas to be dismissed. You don't appear to be convincing anyone here so it's unlikely you'll be convincing any observers. Aside from the comment about putting down the fork down in another thread. Although I still agree with the person you were responding to, it's not always that simple.

OP
Alpha

Alpha

Mr Alpha, empathy around you can go one of two ways and most would probably prefer the good way. If you're having an ongoing metabolic issue or have recovered from one in a particular manor that's contrary to Dr Peat's angles it would be better for you to describe that. And mediate the contents of your cranium with your cardiac while you write it. Whatever it is or was will probably have more nuance to it than you can reach alone.

For example. Sorry to hear about your night sweats. I can reliably cause such a thing in myself by simply gulping a fluid at high pressure and volume on top of the last meal I eat before sleeping, before it's left my stomach of its own accord. If I take the same fluid and sip through it, limiting the volume and pressure it doesn't happen. In absence of a study to explain this, I used myself, friends and family as lab rats, along with a bit of thought around some other studies. If you read these, you may see what I'm getting at. Maybe it's wrong, maybe it isn't. Maybe you should try it. Maybe you'll light up like a christmas tree in a matter of days.

Aside from the wealth of evidence and context sighted by Dr Peat, there are too many people who report improvements in wellbeing and body composition for his ideas to be dismissed. You don't appear to be convincing anyone here so it's unlikely you'll be convincing any observers. Aside from the comment about putting down the fork down in another thread. Although I still agree with the person you were responding to, it's not always that simple.
Sure thing, appreciate the sources and feedback.

Mauritio

his is a good study you posted, one that I haven't seen before, although done in mice, I will try to look for replicated findings done in humans.
Sure let me know if you find something.
However, it was shown that liver fructose and its metabolites increase in the liver in a dose-dependent manner
Yes, but then the question becomes how significant are these concentrations in a real life setting and how much inter-individual differences exist there ?
I've already posted studies where TLR4 KO or antibiotics do ameliorate NAFLD and steatosis to a large degree, but it does not completely prevent it, and likely only slowly progresses it, if you have a study for a long enough period.
The incomplete prevention of NAFLD might simply be due to an incomplete inhibition of TLR4 by the chemical used, to simply assume that the "bad" effects of fructose somehow overpowered the TLR4 inhibition is kind of biased. (Not saying I am not biased)

I think you're somewhat missing the point. The main focus should be on serotonin, not on fructose.

Increasing Serotonin causes the same pathological changes as increasing fructose in those animal studies...maybe because these pathological changes are due to serotonin and not fructose?
"Our data demonstrate that SERT knockout causes weight gain, liver steatosis, and leaky gut, especially in mice fed a WSD. Therefore, SERT induction could be a novel therapeutic approach to improve metabolic diseases associated with intestinal barrier dysfunction."
- Serotonin reuptake transporter deficiency promotes liver steatosis and impairs intestinal barrier function in obese mice fed a Western-style diet - PubMed

"In fructose-fed mice treated with a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, hepatic steatosis was significantly attenuated."
- Serotonin reuptake transporter (SERT) plays a critical role in the onset of fructose-induced hepatic steatosis in mice - PubMed

This is a great summary of the cause and choronological order of NAFLD in this secenario!
"...the onset of fructose-induced NAFLD is associated with intestinal bacterial overgrowth and increased intestinal permeability, subsequently leading to an endotoxin-dependent activation of hepatic Kupffer cells."
- Toll-like receptor 4 is involved in the development of fructose-induced hepatic steatosis in mice - PubMed

Now I dont dispute that these changes in microbiome and intestinal permeability are downstream from fructose consumption, but at the very least we should shift the conversation from fructose=bad ,to why does fructose alter the microbiome in a way that causes these changes?

It seems that fructose increases specific serotonin/endotoxin producing bacteria strains. But that might be rodent-specific.

As in this human study high amounts of fructose did not increase endotoxin or NAFLD markers and also did not change the microbiome.
"...excess fructose did not cause changes in the gut microbiome, metabolome, and permeability as well as endotoxemia in humans with obesity fed fructose for 14 days in amounts known to enhance NAFLD."
- Excess dietary fructose does not alter gut microbiota or permeability in humans: A pilot randomized controlled study - PubMed

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals