The 50 year old vegan who looks half his age

L_C

To me he just doesn't look very manly. Very thin and fragile looking.

Here is my 98 year old meat eating mother-in-law. I took this pic of her in June. She hasn’t had ANY “work” done either. I almost think the stuff people use on and do to their skin, like soaps, creams and such are just as aging as what they eat. That is her own hair too!

Attachments

• 849BBCD2-DA05-4E55-BC4E-2361D64C4F23.png
    849BBCD2-DA05-4E55-BC4E-2361D64C4F23.png
    649.2 KB · Views: 222
Here is a pic of my father at 80, who rarely didn’t eat vegetables, he hated them, but was mostly a heavy carnivore his whole life, with lots of dairy and fruit.

Attachments

• 838A4C4C-CE9D-4408-A749-2D60701D23F4.jpeg
    838A4C4C-CE9D-4408-A749-2D60701D23F4.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 148

Advocate2021

Great thread! Thanks for all these amazing pictures. The animal protein people definitely look a million times better and more hearty no doubt. I wish there were a dating site for this genre of people who look amazing 50 plus- where can i meet that Asian dude???!!!! Wow, just shows how the masses are so not aligned this way- I can tell you from my on-line dating experiment for a month most men even in their 40's and almost always 50's were looking really old !!!! Arghhh.

Great thread! Thanks for all these amazing pictures. The animal protein people definitely look a million times better and more hearty no doubt. I wish there were a dating site for this genre of people who look amazing 50 plus- where can i meet that Asian dude???!!!! Wow, just shows how the masses are so not aligned this way- I can tell you from my on-line dating experiment for a month most men even in their 40's and almost always 50's were looking really old !!!! Arghhh.
Interestingly vegan isn’t as popular as one might think. Of all the MANY people I know, I only know one vegan and no vegetarians. Maybe birds of a feather flock together on this one?

Advocate2021

Interestingly vegan isn’t as popular as one might think. Of all the MANY people I know, I only know one vegan and no vegetarians. Maybe birds of a feather flock together on this one?
the masses/on-line dating aging phenomena is not really correlated with veganism or vegetarianism , probably more so to PUFA, bad diet, low thyroid, hormonal imbalance , sun damage, lack of exercise etc. even meat eaters if they eat tons of pufa , starch and dont take care of themselves, they can look pretty bad.

Jennifer

I knew there would be lots of hate.

I think the talk isn't if he looks good or healthy, it's if he looks 50.

I definitely think this guys looks younger than a regular 50 year old.

This doesn't mean stronger or healthier or like he could kick ****, it means not as old. Why is everyone harping on his hair?

I apologize if my comment came off as hate. That wasn’t my intention. The man believes his diet is healthy and this forum has a focus on thyroid health so it seemed reasonable to point out that he is missing the outer third of his eyebrows, which points to hypothyroidism. And this isn’t meant to shame his small size, but it makes me question a plant-based diet’s effect on hormone health and maturation when followed early on in life, at least for some people, because of my own experience with plant-based.

I was plant-based for more than half my life. I went vegetarian around age 11—my diet centered on root veggies, legumes and grains—and I stopped growing. Prior to that, I grew like a weed, was the second tallest girl in my class and was keeping up with my brother in terms of growth—he’s only a year and a half older than me. I was the last girl in my class to start menstruating and I only had a period once a year before it disappeared altogether in my early 20s when I went vegan. My wisdom teeth didn’t start coming in until my doctor put me on an ancestral diet in my early 30s, and my period returned a year later while following Ray’s advice. And even though I recognize that, on average, it’s normal for males to be larger than females, the male and female siblings in my family are of similar statures, but my brother, who never went plant-based, is a whole foot taller than me and his frame overall is so much bigger than mine:

80F7BB53-2EB0-43C5-8344-87E7BCFA0F8F.jpeg

In the photo below, I’m around 30 years old. I look like I’m swimming in my jacket because it belongs to my friend next to me, but hopefully the difference in size between my brother (in the beige fleece) and myself is clear enough to see:

BC7B802B-7FCD-4222-8F6A-20714E72FA0F.jpeg

Last edited:
the masses/on-line dating aging phenomena is not really correlated with veganism or vegetarianism , probably more so to PUFA, bad diet, low thyroid, hormonal imbalance , sun damage, lack of exercise etc. even meat eaters if they eat tons of pufa , starch and dont take care of themselves, they can look pretty bad.
I am a 59 year old meat and dairy girl, eating no vegetables and seldom grains, but with occasional fruit. I just took this pic without any makeup.

Edit: when I say meat, it is mostly liver and shellfish.

Attachments

• A1145E4D-61EE-4211-ACAC-E10432921041.jpeg
    A1145E4D-61EE-4211-ACAC-E10432921041.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 209

username

This thread is hilarious. It's seems like he is an example of exactly how you wouldn't want to look at 50.

Advocate2021

This thread is hilarious. It's seems like he is an example of exactly how you wouldn't want to look at 50.
The guy doesnt look appealing or healthy i think we all agree. my only point is that his skin did not look sun damaged. Ive known healthy people with sun damaged skin and it makes them look older - it just does. its a different issue.

username

The guy doesnt look appealing or healthy i think we all agree. my only point is that his skin did not look sun damaged. Ive known healthy people with sun damaged skin and it makes them look older - it just does. its a different issue.
I agree completely. Excessive sun exposure will make you look more aged in some ways. It's worth the risk for all the benefits of sunlight, though.

Advocate2021

I am a 59 year old meat and dairy girl, eating no vegetables and seldom grains, but with occasional fruit. I just took this pic without any makeup.

Edit: when I say meat, it is mostly liver and shellfish.
Aww thanks for sharing all of these pictures of your healthy hearty family and you-- you have good stock and great hair!!! I am very public here and have posted many pictures in various threads and really appreciate when others share. I think its important to support all the info we exchange. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Its all part of the mission to bring this information to the world- it will be much more received if they see the proof that is works! The way we look indeed does reveal much about our health and vitality- i see this demonstrated every day and in everyone i meet.

Jennifer

Here is my 98 year old meat eating mother-in-law. I took this pic of her in June. She hasn’t had ANY “work” done either. I almost think the stuff people use on and do to their skin, like soaps, creams and such are just as aging as what they eat. That is her own hair too!

My grandmother had beautiful skin and even at 96, she didn’t have wrinkles or age spots. She always used sun protection, but also used commercial skincare products—she washed her face with soap and used Ponds cold cream every night. She loved meat, especially processed ham and poultry meats, restricted sweets until her early 90s and consumed plenty of PUFAs. Go figure.

My grandmother had beautiful skin and even at 96, she didn’t have wrinkles or age spots. She always used sun protection, but also used commercial skincare products—she washed her face with soap and used Ponds cold cream every night. She loved meat, especially processed ham and poultry meats, restricted sweets until her early 90s and consumed plenty of PUFAs. Go figure.
I think today’s elderly got a good head start eating meat and dairy that was grass fed, and you are right they ate PUFA, but not so much fast food and or processed foods. I think the people that look the oldest in my life are the people on medications.

Last edited:

Advocate2021

I had a grandmother like this too- she was quite healthy and took no meds. She was beautiful and had been a model. she had a fall at 90 and they killed her in the hospital- she would have lived to be over 100 for sure. she had zero wrinkles and also had very fair skin and zero sun damage. While she did not do "Peat" per say, she ate like a normal balanced person from her generation. she probably had a good thyroid and hormones- some of this is transgenerational constitutional. her parents were very healthy and hearty. her son, my father also has not wrinkles and is pretty healthy with no real effort. I unfortunately absorbed an epigenetic glitch from my maternal line which i have worked my entire life to fix and pretty much have - just have one last sensitivity issue which was probably caused by estrogen poisoning but i am about to try PEA- excited. my point is that if a person is blessed with good epigenetics they can be healthy with little effort. But even with compromised epigenetics, a person can change them by changing their cellular environment as Dr, Peat teaches.

I agree completely. Excessive sun exposure will make you look more aged in some ways. It's worth the risk for all the benefits of sunlight, though.
I am out in the sun a lot, a true blonde and haven’t used sunscreen for 10 years. I have a couple of people in my life who have that pale youthful skin avoiding the sun their whole life, and for being a few years younger than me, their health and teeth are nowhere as good as mine. The sun is a tough call for skin. My skin looks much better nowadays, without all the stored PUFA in my skin than it did 5 years ago. So how much is the sun causing damage than the PUFA’s in the skin?

Aww thanks for sharing all of these pictures of your healthy hearty family and you-- you have good stock and great hair!!! I am very public here and have posted many pictures in various threads and really appreciate when others share. I think its important to support all the info we exchange. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Its all part of the mission to bring this information to the world- it will be much more received if they see the proof that is works! The way we look indeed does reveal much about our health and vitality- i see this demonstrated every day and in everyone i meet.
I am with you, in that I wanna SEE the results too. I really am not sure about “good stock” playing into the equation as much as our choices. My mother was beautiful and then jumped on the medication bandwagon and she looked terrible in her later years, and that is including a facelift at 55. I will have to find a before and after pic of her when I have more time. Those medications make people old way quicker than the sun.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals