The big problem with the Peat diet that people don't understand.

InChristAlone

“I don’t have an eating plan, other than to be perceptive and to learn about your physiology, so that you can adjust things to your needs.
Any craving is a good starting point, because we have several biological mechanisms for correcting specific nutritional deficiencies.
When something is interfering with your ability to use sugar, you crave it because if you don’t eat it you will waste protein to make it.” (2019) Dr. Ray Peat

“Keeping the metabolic rate up is the main thing, and there are lost of ways to do it.” (2015) Dr. Ray Peat
I tried eating to cravings and was becoming overweight and sick. Not as simple as listening to cravings. I wish it was! I think people who continually overfeed on sugar are in a very bad place.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I'm sorry, I was under the impression the stuff discussed here and by Ray was supposed to support liver health, what specific recommendations do you believe damage it now?
The Ray Peat diet is a very high toxin diet. A low toxin and low vitamin A diet fixes this.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Would you say your liver is back to 100% now? They say it has amazing regenerative abilities. I think what I thought was cholestasis itching was actually B6 toxicity, but I dare say the high vit A I was eating has gone there.
No not yet. I have an incredible amount of copper toxicity to deal with but it is coming out slowly and progression is being continually made.

Peater

No not yet. I have an incredible amount of copper toxicity to deal with but it is coming out slowly and progression is being continually made.
Did you ever experience jolts/jerking while you were falling asleep during 'detox'? I am also dealing with a suspected but not test verified B6 overdose and they say symptoms can be exacerbated during the process of removing the excess.

supercoolguy

I Love You Valentine GIF by Teletubbies

Happy Valentines Day

TheSir

Did you ever experience jolts/jerking while you were falling asleep during 'detox'? I am also dealing with a suspected but not test verified B6 overdose and they say symptoms can be exacerbated during the process of removing the excess.
I've experienced waking up to intense fear, chest discomfort, a sudden gasp, dizziness or a seizure like feeling while being copper toxic or detoxing copper. Any of these symptoms would hit just before just before I fell asleep and this would repeat a few times over an hour or two before going away for the rest of the night.

Peater

I've experienced waking up to intense fear, chest discomfort, a sudden gasp, dizziness or a seizure like feeling while being copper toxic or detoxing copper. Any of these symptoms would hit just before just before I fell asleep and this would repeat a few times over an hour or two before going away for the rest of the night.
Interesting thanks. Did anything Peaty like sugar or ice cream before bed make a difference?

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
Yes there is. Dairy and sugar based is the ray peat diet.
I fattened up pretty quick eating to lower cortisol, lol, which led to the release of even more cortisol.

TheSir

Interesting thanks. Did anything Peaty like sugar or ice cream before bed make a difference?
Not against these symptoms, but prior to their appearance, years ago, whenever I was unable to fall asleep I knew that I hadn't eaten enough carbs before bed. I used to keep a jar of sugar next to my bed for those situations. One gulp from the jar and 15 minutes later I would be asleep.

Peater

Not against these symptoms, but prior to their appearance, years ago, whenever I was unable to fall asleep I knew that I hadn't eaten enough carbs before bed. I used to keep a jar of sugar next to my bed for those situations. One gulp from the jar and 15 minutes later I would be asleep.
I find the same thing with sodium bicarbonate(!) Although a half teaspoon, not a gulp.

What sort of carb intake do you get now? Are you trying the low toxin/vit A approach or just removing some other approaches?

TheSir

I find the same thing with sodium bicarbonate(!) Although a half teaspoon, not a gulp.

What sort of carb intake do you get now? Are you trying the low toxin/vit A approach or just removing some other approaches?
Why does bicarb help? My sister swears by it too. I have a faint memory of someone explaining the mechanism behind it recently but it seems that I didn't save it anywhere.

As for carbs, not sure, perhaps 100-150g? They're coming from parsnips, rutabaga, potatoes and oats for the most part. Low A in combination with NB (Wilson's HTMA program).

Peater

Why does bicarb help? My sister swears by it too. I have a faint memory of someone explaining the mechanism behind it recently but it seems that I didn't save it anywhere.

As for carbs, not sure, perhaps 100-150g? They're coming from parsnips, rutabaga, potatoes and oats for the most part. Low A in combination with NB (Wilson's HTMA program).
I think it's just the sodium and increasing CO2. Good to know someone else has heard of it. I'd swear I read it here but have never seen anyone else mention it.

I just started eating oats again, but noticed they are high in manganese. Not sure if that's a problem.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, when I am detoxing copper.

TheSir

I just started eating oats again, but noticed they are high in manganese. Not sure if that's a problem.
It's bioavailable manganese and as far as I know most people need it. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sumbody

Did you ever experience jolts/jerking while you were falling asleep during 'detox'?
I have experienced this, but IMO it was due to electrolyte imbalances.

For myself, simply taking 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of a good sea salt in one ounce of warm water will alleviate this issue (atleast for the evening) and allow me to fall asleep quite well.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How do you detox the copper?
I stop in the in-toxing of the copper as much as possible. Liver and chocolate are some of the worst offenders. Also I do not have copper pipes in my house or water heater, and I drink absolutely pure water. Then I bring in the Big 5 minerals, potassium, magnesium, molybdenum, selenium and zinc. And then also Niacin as Nicotinic Acid. I also do infrared sauna, ozone sauna, and some CDS. Then I hold on to my britches cause detoxing copper is quite the ride.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals