The big problem with the Peat diet that people don't understand.

Roni123@

All of Peat's recommendations are excellent... both the ratio of calcium to phosphorus, amino acids, the ratio of carbohydrates, fat and proteins... and many others.

but it usually never works on people, and they get bad, going from bad to worse, sometimes they get a little better and stabilize at that point.

The problem that is very little addressed is: the Intestine.

if you consume high fat, high carbohydrates and low protein, or any random macro, with more phosphorus or any different situation, but if your intestine is working well, you will have a lot of energy and motivation, this is the main point of health. .. obviously, it's good to eat within the guidelines that Peat instructs us, but if your intestine isn't working properly you'll never get better.

Fix your intestines and everything will improve...

@Hans @haidut how to fix gut tutorial pleaseee ahhaha ♥️

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fix your intestines and everything will improve...
The Ray Peat diet destroys the liver which then destroys the intestines. Fix the liver and that will fix everything, including your thyroid.

Nick

The Ray Peat diet destroys the liver which then destroys the intestines. Fix the liver and that will fix everything, including your thyroid.
Yep, the gut bacteria are controlled by the bile acid mix and the toxin mix contained in the bile, so the way to change the gut biome is to change the bile.

BrianF

Yep, the gut bacteria are controlled by the bile acid mix and the toxin mix contained in the bile, so the way to change the gut biome is to change the bile.
And how do you suggest one would do that?

Don

This toxic bile theory is very interesting ! Thanks guys keep the information flowing.

Jamsey

I healed my gut while on a diet of primarily dairy/juice and I have never had liver issues. I agree with the idea that gut health is a needed first step for progress.

Peater

Would you say your liver is back to 100% now? They say it has amazing regenerative abilities. I think what I thought was cholestasis itching was actually B6 toxicity, but I dare say the high vit A I was eating has gone there.

InChristAlone

I healed my gut while on a diet of primarily dairy/juice and I have never had liver issues. I agree with the idea that gut health is a needed first step for progress.
If it's healed you will tolerate all kinds of fiber. Are you able to eat beans without gas and bloating?

J.R.K

If it's healed you will tolerate all kinds of fiber. Are you able to eat beans without gas and bloating?
Could you elaborate on what all kind of fiber (different types, or vast quantities).
By eating beans without gas or bloating do you mean if they were soaked and/ or sprouted, or like most people do boiled out of the bag. Just for clarity. If you could include amounts this would be helpful in understanding better as well.

InChristAlone

Could you elaborate on what all kind of fiber (different types, or vast quantities).
By eating beans without gas or bloating do you mean if they were soaked and/ or sprouted, or like most people do boiled out of the bag. Just for clarity. If you could include amounts this would be helpful in understanding better as well.
Just typical canned beans rinsed and eaten. Amounts could be 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup per meal. If someone cannot eat fiber without bloating their gut (and especially their liver) is not healed.

J.R.K

Just typical canned beans rinsed and eaten. Amounts could be 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup per meal. If someone cannot eat fiber without bloating their gut (and especially their liver) is not healed.
Interesting, my impression was that legumes should be at minimum soaked, sprouted ideally in order to reduce the anti nutrients, then depending on the variety of bean they might need to be heat treated at a certain temperature for a certain period of time in order to destroy any aflatoxin that might be present in the sprouts.

InChristAlone

Interesting, my impression was that legumes should be at minimum soaked, sprouted ideally in order to reduce the anti nutrients, then depending on the variety of bean they might need to be heat treated at a certain temperature for a certain period of time in order to destroy any aflatoxin that might be present in the sprouts.
Beans do have to be cooked well. But canned will be thoroughly cooked and soaked.

Babou

I'm sorry, I was under the impression the stuff discussed here and by Ray was supposed to support liver health, what specific recommendations do you believe damage it now? I'm not a strict peater or anything, I just try to keep micros up, supplement some raw liver, favor saturated fats over unsaturated, and try my best to meet protein needs as I get back into lifting

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I find Hydrogen Water very helpful for digestion, I consider the liver to be part of the digestive system.

Gawdawg

Yes there is. Dairy and sugar based is the ray peat diet.

“I don’t have an eating plan, other than to be perceptive and to learn about your physiology, so that you can adjust things to your needs.
Any craving is a good starting point, because we have several biological mechanisms for correcting specific nutritional deficiencies.
When something is interfering with your ability to use sugar, you crave it because if you don’t eat it you will waste protein to make it.” (2019) Dr. Ray Peat

“Keeping the metabolic rate up is the main thing, and there are lost of ways to do it.” (2015) Dr. Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals