The Lower Your Cortisol Levels, The Younger You Look

Sinlinead

"Most citrate absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract is oxidized in the liver to form bicarbonate, providing a systemic alkali load. Whether the net effect of citrate ingestion is alkalinization of blood and urine depends on the cation accompanying citrate. If citrate is ingested as citric acid, in which the accompanying cations are protons, the protons neutralize the bicarbonate formed in the liver so that there is no net effect on acid-base status.9 If citrate is in the form of a potassium or sodium salt, virtually all citrate is converted to alkali with no serum bicarbonate titration, leading to systemic alkalinization. This distinction is critical in regard to renal citrate excretion since proximal tubular reabsorption of filtered citrate by the sodium-dicarboxylate cotransporter is contingent on systemic acid-base status. In acidosis states the renal proximal tubule reabsorbs citrate, which is incorporated into the Krebs cycle, decreasing citraturia. On the other hand, alkalosis decreases renal tubule reabsorption of citrate, increasing urinary citrate excretion.10"

Sinlinead

- The Basic Chemistry of Our Diet

"Oxalic acid may be regarded as a near end product of metabolism to be gotten rid of. However, it has certain good effect in high dilution. It helps maintain the coagulability of the blood, for example. But in larger amounts it tends to rob the body of calcium and lower the blood coagulability. Tartaric acid not being readily oxidized in the body likewise tends to carry off valuable salts into the urine. Wines from grapes, and grapes themselves, too often, contain too much tartaric acid for use in large quantities. [...]"

- Clinical Demonstration of the Laws of Chemical Structure that Determine Immunity to Disease, and their Application in the Treatment of Patients

"The diet is preeminently vegetarian, one should avoid such decalcifying acids as oxalic, tartaric, and even citric, unless the latter is neutralized somewhat by precipitated chalk. This is because; in cases suffering from deficient oxidation, the burning of citric acid may be difficult, and it may take away the valuable cations from the living colloids and carry them off into the urine. This so-called alkalizing action is evidently a catastrophe."

Interesting, abundant citrate and malate consumption are a lot more effective at stimulating the Krebs cycle than I assumed. Maybe human and primate metabolism are more dependent on a high intake of citrate and malate due to a long evolutionary history with acidic fruits as a main source of energy.
Yeah, it does seem to point to an adaptation to high fruit intake. Our anatomy is still very similar to that of a frugivore primate.

Sinlinead

icecreamman said​

"Btw I thought citrate was under some scrutiny on here for some reason hahah..I remember Ray talking about how it's essentially derived from a mold so the commercial low quality citric acid was deemed to be problematic due to excepients, but I was never sure what the citrate aversion is about"

Ihor

Malic acid by itself is acidic( it releases hydrogens), and it is basically hydrogen+ malate. The ingested malate goes into the Kreb's Cycle and gets metabolized. If you look at the Krebs' Cycle components, you'll see that malate produced all the time by cells. If the person has a problem, say, in the PDH enzyme( which produces acetyl CoA from pyruvate), then ingesting malate directly( from apple juice for example) can be beneficial. The final product of cell respiration, whether you start with glucose or with citrate or with malate, is CO2 and water( which get turned into bicarbonate). Also, since malate's position in the Krebs' Cycle is right before oxaloacetate, an influx of exogenous malate could help regenerate it. Low oxaloacetate could worsen glutamate sensitivity, according to Chris Masterjohn.

Have you tried ingesting, say, a 50 gram dose of half sucrose+ half fructose? When I did this, I noticed deeper breathing and great sleep. That plus malic acid( such as in apple juice) could have an even stronger effect.
Yes I experimented with different ratios of sucrose:glucose, it never caused the same affects that I get from plain apple juice (possibly malic acid).

Ihor

@Amarsh213 so how much do you take and how much in general is safe?
I had labs test where my potassium was low and I also have deficiency symptoms, so I bought potassium citrate and try to take around 3 mg of equivalent elemental potassium but it could be not enough for therapeutic dose, how much can I go up?
Maybe do you have some reading about how to right supplemental it?

YourUniverse

"Through self-education and self-experimentation we can regain authority over our own health and wellbeing."- Danny Roddy

Haha. Im not gonna go back and edit or delete every one of my posts. This is a learning through experimentation and sharing experience/ideas with others

Two years ago, after "Peating"(milk/eggs/danny roddy/haidut stuff) for 2 years, I was 5'10 210lbs and NW3

Now I'm 26 now and 175lbs at 5'10 nw2 with libido throw roof with abbs and shrink wrapped face.

Today I ate

Breakfast
150mg Caffine
14 oz OJ
Canned of Sardines with Olive Oil
3x Beef Oragan Pills and 10k UI Vitamin D, small dose of vitamin K to activate the fat soulable signals.

Lunch I had Philly cheese steak and hasbrowns 1/2

3 Pm I had Philly Cheese steak with hashbrowns. 1/2 Tastes so good

Worked Out

Dinner Had a big plate of potatos, Sardines, Orange Juice, organ pills 3x(ancestrial brand)

Had a class of orange juice later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways. The Bicarbonate and Citrate Stuff is of utmost importance. Just read these lines

"When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38].""

"Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

""Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59].""

That cures about 99% of peoples problem on here.

Once you figure out you need to filer out some excess CO2 production through the lungs and also have plenty of Citrates in the Diet. Your Cortisol will tank and once cortisol tanks, so does estrogen/insulin/trytophan--sertonin pathway...etc. Then you can eat whatever the heck you want like a kid agian( exclusing PUFA) and your metabolism is Running Like a dieasal Engine.
Youve alluded to this in other posts but I just found this series here, excellent.

You say orange juice is the richest source of citrates, for bicarbonate. Is baking soda OK to add to orange juice, to neutralize the citric acid?

D

Deleted member 5487

Youve alluded to this in other posts but I just found this series here, excellent.

You say orange juice is the richest source of citrates, for bicarbonate. Is baking soda OK to add to orange juice, to neutralize the citric acid?
You can add little to nutrilize the citric acid into citrate, But I keep it away from meals.

Citrate and potassium are net alkinine load,

There's so much in the second artiacle from t3-t4 going up, vitamin D, PSH/Cortisol all simply on acid/base content of the blood.

The IMPORTANT part, and it's tough, is to exercise to exhale CO2 therefore you can create new CO2 inside the cell from glucose oxidation.

1647033366398.png

Here's the chart.
Alkaline Fruit, Tubers, Healthy Carbs--->>>Exercise to blow off the CO2--->Great acid/base balance=HIGH METABOLISM.
Alkaline Alkaline

SAD--->Salt, Meat, Fat, Grains, Alchohol, Soybean Oil----->Sit on office chair--->Cancer, obeseity, hyper cortisol, diabetes, high blood pressure...
Acid Acid

If you don't PACO2 will rise to much in the blood and you will go into acidity, from sitting on chair and eating alot of carbs. Probably reaching for a big cup of coffee to try and feel better(increases breathing rate).

I found cortisol/Acidity to be about 95% of my problem and probably most peoples problem as they age. Cortisol starts to skyrocket in your mid 20s.

YourUniverse

You can add little to nutrilize the citric acid into citrate, But I keep it away from meals.

There's so much in the second artiacle from t3-t4 going up, vitamin D, PSH/Cortisol all simply on acid/base content of the blood.

The IMPORTANT part, and it's tough, is to exercise to exhale CO2 therefore you can create new CO2 inside the cell from glucose oxidation.

View attachment 34583

Here's the chart.
Alkaline Fruit, Tubers, Healthy Carbs--->>>Exercise to blow off the CO2--->Great acid/base balance=HIGH METABOLISM.
Alkaline Alkaline

SAD--->Salt, Meat, Fat, Grains, Alchohol, Soybean Oil----->Sit on office chair--->Cancer, obeseity, hyper cortisol, diabetes, high blood pressure...
Acid Acid

If you don't PACO2 will rise to much in the blood and you will go into acidity, from sitting on chair and eating alot of carbs. Probably reaching for a big cup of coffee to try and feel better(increases breathing rate).

I found cortisol/Acidity to be about 95% of my problem and probably most peoples problem as they age. Cortisol starts to skyrocket in your mid 20s.
Thanks so much.

Bootselectric

View attachment 34583

Here's the chart.
Alkaline Alkaline

Acid Acid

How much training is necessary? Is something like tabata / rope skipping / kettlebell training sufficient? If so, for how much every day?

SamYo123

How much training is necessary? Is something like tabata / rope skipping / kettlebell training sufficient? If so, for how much every day?
Dude train to perfect ur gait mechanics, our relationship to gravity as humans matters most an improvement in gait decreases mechanical stress, the quicker/efficenct we move without pain, the slower we age, all that traditinal exercise, lifting weights, yoga, sports doesnt make sense when you improve gait mechanics

Nomane Euger

Dude train to perfect ur gait mechanics, our relationship to gravity as humans matters most an improvement in gait decreases mechanical stress, the quicker/efficenct we move without pain, the slower we age, all that traditinal exercise, lifting weights, yoga, sports doesnt make sense when you improve gait mechanics
hi,did you even read the post he answered to?because they are talking about training in relation to CO2 exhalation

SamYo123

hi,did you even read the post he answered to?because they are talking about training in relation to CO2 exhalation
Someone maay have more CO2 exhalation with better mechanics than someone whos dysfunctional. What exercise you do matters. Any exercise that isnt improving your gait mechanics, is creating dysfunction perhaps messing up c02

EvanHinkle

@Amarsh213 thanks for your contribution here. I have tried everything to raise my body temperature, and other than grams of aspirin that sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t, I have been stuck. Ever since looking into PRAL from the infamous Amazoniac thread and accounting for it, I have had daily sustained success with temps at and above 98.6. T3, T3/T4, and NDT could not do for me what citrates have done. Baking soda and orange juice/lemon juice have been my go tos, but I’m also now experimenting with Mag Citrate and, (from a whole good perspective) simply adding a tsp of cilantro to my meal when I eat meat. Cilantro has a PRAL score of -99, so it should help with beefs +12 score.

I am sincerely indebted to @Amarsh213 and @Amazoniac for getting the opportunity to learn what my body feels like when my temps are up. It’s been years since I felt this good.

Ismail

@Amarsh213 thanks for your contribution here. I have tried everything to raise my body temperature, and other than grams of aspirin that sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t, I have been stuck. Ever since looking into PRAL from the infamous Amazoniac thread and accounting for it, I have had daily sustained success with temps at and above 98.6. T3, T3/T4, and NDT could not do for me what citrates have done. Baking soda and orange juice/lemon juice have been my go tos, but I’m also now experimenting with Mag Citrate and, (from a whole good perspective) simply adding a tsp of cilantro to my meal when I eat meat. Cilantro has a PRAL score of -99, so it should help with beefs +12 score.

I am sincerely indebted to @Amarsh213 and @Amazoniac for getting the opportunity to learn what my body feels like when my temps are up. It’s been years since I felt this good.
Which thread from @Amazoniac are you talking about? Thanks ?

D

Deleted member 5487

read and re-read. Everythings in there

"
"Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"

Acidic=cortisol=trytophan metabolism=Sertonin=TDO activation=Inflatmatory cytokines=Insulin resistin=More cortisol......................

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals