The Lower Your Cortisol Levels, The Younger You Look

I just want to say that when I was on the carnivore and keto diet 3-4 years ago I was so stiff and unable to relax. I was anxious and couldn't sleep at all. At that time I didn't know that this was high cortisol and all these stress hormones. I just didn't have the knowledge. I thought it was my reality. The way I am. What a horrible way to live.

I was watching some Dr. Berg video (shut up ) about tension and ability to relax depends mostly on potassium. He said the supplemental potassium citrate helps especially.
I was already using other brands of magnesium and potassium before, baking soda etc. but with no help.

The only thing that helped my body relax, sleep and function like an almost-normal human being were potassium citrate pills I took. I sincerely think I would probably go mad If I didn't have those. I was taking maybe 400mg at most. Usually 100-200mg.

Then after following medical medium protocol I didn't need the pills because I was eating tones of fruit and vegetables and drinking celery juice every day xd

So I definitely think there is something in there. I'm planning to read the whole amazoniac thread and learn more.

GreekDemiGod

The only thing that helped my body relax, sleep and function like an almost-normal human being were potassium citrate pills I took. I sincerely think I would probably go mad If I didn't have those. I was taking maybe 400mg at most. Usually 100-200mg.
Interesting.
When I was Keto / Carnivore, I tried to supplement Potassium with salt. They always cautioned small amounts of Potassium, I’m surprised pills with such high dosages are available.

GreekDemiGod

@Amarsh213 What is your current diet? I was under the impression that a diet of fruits and tubers is best for “alkalinity”.
Weren’t you the one recommending peas / peas protein?

D

Deleted member 5487

@Amarsh213 What is your current diet? I was under the impression that a diet of fruits and tubers is best for “alkalinity”.
Weren’t you the one recommending peas / peas protein?
Been busy with work.
And as other contributors, people move on when they heal.

I am still on PRAL and very conscious of it. Sometimes I'll find myself with a strong desire for alcohol and drink heavily for a few days. Alcohol destroys cortisol temporary.

I realize its just cortisol building up throughout the day from a salty breakfast taco, salty lunch out some kind of rice/noodle bowls from like chipoltle/cava...etc, a couple coffees and some nicotine sends my cortisol to the roof.

A few 100 MG of Ltheanine will lower it agian and I quickly have some low sodium V8(quick veggies(PRAL) and juices from fresh fruits. Will start feeling better immediately.

You can also try sodium citrate, I believe baking soda sends CO2 up to much which from respiratory acids chart on the page before this.

Citrate turns to bicorbanate in the liver.

You want a balance and make sure you have plenty of bicarbonates to handle the acidity that comes from nutrient dense animals. Like sardines,oysters,shrimp,cod liver(I eat 1x a week in a can for big Vit A/D dosage), eggs(yolks a few a day), Some butter. Plenty of basic muscle meats cause they're delicioues.

I'm still experimenting with Calcium Citrate and potassium citrate are the strongest alkaline minerals however I not sure supplement with them directly is the way to ago it sends signals to the body/cells that may not be appropriate. Calcium I have seen it's best consumed with saturated fats like in the fourm of cheese/milk. I'm a bit weary of IGF-1 and trytophan levels in diary and generally stick to butter. Calcium Carbonate actually completly blunts the acids in digestion(it's same as "tums") and having strong stomach acid is very important I always have some super enzymes after meals with a bit of Betaline HCL, protanese,other enzymes to help with digestion. I use the NOW brand.

My diet is healthy but resembles a 20s something males with a lot of convenience foods like eating out. I avoid all fried foods of course, so I probably get big PUFA loads admittedly from restaurants but I actively avoid. I try and use RED PALM Oil on my face and orally at night for full spectrum vitamin E.

I keep carb intake high from potatos, white rice, orange juice, and pineapples(best fruit for bromelaine/cortsiol destruction), Eggs have a load of trytophan protein but have the best protein utalization rate at 45% vs 30% in other meats. Managese is also a BIG ONE. Go read Manganese And Its Unimportance In Health Its VITAL for thyroid and glucose utilization.

Gelatin can be hard to cook and have constantly. ASo Ill have a Glycine/Proline mixture in a cup of joe after meals a few grams of each . I buy those from bulk supplements.

Eating gelatin powders have low rates of absorption/utalization atleast in my experience. While the direct amino absorb immediately

Here's another pral chart. Every problem starts with cortisol and cortisol comes from poor PH. The reason kids/teens have such high thyroids is their kidney/liver/lungs can handle the SAD diet acid low with ease.

1662517439727.png

Been busy with work.
And as other contributors, people move on when they heal.

I am still on PRAL and very conscious of it. Sometimes I'll find myself with a strong desire for alcohol and drink heavily for a few days. Alcohol destroys cortisol temporary.

I realize its just cortisol building up throughout the day from a salty breakfast taco, salty lunch out some kind of rice/noodle bowls from like chipoltle/cava...etc, a couple coffees and some nicotine sends my cortisol to the roof.

A few 100 MG of Ltheanine will lower it agian and I quickly have some low sodium V8(quick veggies(PRAL) and juices from fresh fruits. Will start feeling better immediately.

You can also try sodium citrate, I believe baking soda sends CO2 up to much which from respiratory acids chart on the page before this.

Citrate turns to bicorbanate in the liver.

You want a balance and make sure you have plenty of bicarbonates to handle the acidity that comes from nutrient dense animals. Like sardines,oysters,shrimp,cod liver(I eat 1x a week in a can for big Vit A/D dosage), eggs(yolks a few a day), Some butter. Plenty of basic muscle meats cause they're delicioues.

I'm still experimenting with Calcium Citrate and potassium citrate are the strongest alkaline minerals however I not sure supplement with them directly is the way to ago it sends signals to the body/cells that may not be appropriate. Calcium I have seen it's best consumed with saturated fats like in the fourm of cheese/milk. I'm a bit weary of IGF-1 and trytophan levels in diary and generally stick to butter. Calcium Carbonate actually completly blunts the acids in digestion(it's same as "tums") and having strong stomach acid is very important I always have some super enzymes after meals with a bit of Betaline HCL, protanese,other enzymes to help with digestion. I use the NOW brand.

My diet is healthy but resembles a 20s something males with a lot of convenience foods like eating out. I avoid all fried foods of course, so I probably get big PUFA loads admittedly from restaurants but I actively avoid. I try and use RED PALM Oil on my face and orally at night for full spectrum vitamin E.

I keep carb intake high from potatos, white rice, orange juice, and pineapples(best fruit for bromelaine/cortsiol destruction), Eggs have a load of trytophan protein but have the best protein utalization rate at 45% vs 30% in other meats. Managese is also a BIG ONE. Go read Manganese And Its Unimportance In Health Its VITAL for thyroid and glucose utilization.

Gelatin can be hard to cook and have constantly. ASo Ill have a Glycine/Proline mixture in a cup of joe after meals a few grams of each . I buy those from bulk supplements.

Eating gelatin powders have low rates of absorption/utalization atleast in my experience. While the direct amino absorb immediately

Here's another pral chart. Every problem starts with cortisol and cortisol comes from poor PH. The reason kids/teens have such high thyroids is their kidney/liver/lungs can handle the SAD diet acid low with ease.

View attachment 41733
Thanks for this write up, Amarsh. Do you mind me enquiring how old you are? I think it's important to have some context for what is working and not working for you.

TheBeastPanda

I supplement Magnesium and Potassium Citrates on 1: 4.8 ratio. These alkalinze the cells and the citrate is converted into bicarbonate almost entirely.
Do you have to supplement this? i feel like my entire house is just going to be this supplement and that one

What are some foods high in potassium citrates?

TheBeastPanda

"In the young healthy human individual, the Acid-Base-Balance is maintained constant primarly by the kidneys which excrete the daily produced metabolic organic acids with the acid urine. The volatile CO2 is being ventilated by the lungs. The average amount of the daily production (and excretion) of acids in the body of a 70 kg human being is about 50 to 80 nMol/day. The Blood-Bicarbonate-Concentration of 25 mMol/L (i.e. pH) is being maintained constant by the De-Novo-Synthesis of Bicarbonate from CO2 + H2O in the tubular cells and by the tubular back-resorption of filtered NaHCO3 from the intratubular fluid."

"The Bicarbonate-Deficiency-Syndrome (BDS): Professor Dr. med. Klaus F. Kopp"

So you need Kidneys functioning, and you need to exhale some CO2 with exercise.

So if your Excersiseing 1hr a day(light/strength-not exhaustive) which will also help with blood flow, lymph flow, and exhaling extra co2(acidity) and your supplementing with citrates. Orange juice is the richest source of citrates.

You will turn net alkaline and blood will flow freely to everything from you hair, penis, and skin. You will be 20 agian.

At 26 now I glow red hot and have a libido of a teen, legit 8 pack as well, cortisol tanked and so did insulin, estrogen, and all the downstream effects.
FUARK!

This post did something good in me.

So basically just exercise , get sun and increase citrates intake?

Where do you source your orange juice? could just eating oranges suffice?

You could also just intake Aajonus's lubrication formula, Lemon and Lime have an abundance of citrates even more so than Oranges.

Jeemmy

If salt is acidic, but we need sodium, is it a stupid idea to use sodium bicarbonate instead of salt???

baccheion

If salt is acidic, but we need sodium, is it a stupid idea to use sodium bicarbonate instead of salt???
You still need some chloride. Just use one of those PRAL calculators and get enough potassium..

glycinedreams

All this is a lot to take in, but I'm convinced my cortisol levels are way too high - so I'm going to experiment some after reading a bit more here and in the other thread linked.

I find myself reacting to things in a very "frustrated" state and also constantly feeling "on edge". Started Peating a month ago and increasing the sugar intake but it's still not blunted it that much. Definitely has but not enough to lower it to the point where I am getting higher temps from a healed thyroid, for example.

I've been taking my pulse and temp each morning upon waking and about 30 minutes after breakfast. Almost every single day, my temp starts below 97F and my pulse is close to 90bpm. After breakfast, it's usually a lower temp and a much lower pulse - hence why this coupled with my description of my feelings above, I believe I need to fix my cortisol before working on thyroid.

Inaut

Malic acid and creatine for the win????

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals