Those of you who are sensitive to starch which do you tolerate best? (for ocasional cheat meal)

Peatful

Whatever one is well cooked.
Ie: rice; veggies; roots

Breads?
Sourdough

LucH

Hi,
Are you sensitive to starch because of colon reaction (overgrowth => Dysbiosis)?

For the last few days I've been eating rice and preboiled potatoes and I noticed something interesting. The rice if it's not rinsed with water at least 6 times it gives me constipation and ADHD. The starch granules get into the brain and creates inflammation. If I rinse it till it's clear, makes me relaxed and my body recovers better during sleep, especially the eyes.
Ray mentioned that potatoes should be boiled at least an hour. I tried it and it didn't work, but no adverse effects with the preboiled ones. Don't ask me I don't know why.
Digestion seems better with starch. I believe glucose from starch gets easier to the muscles than sugar. Sugar goes only to the brain, which keeps you in high mood and cognition, but you may feel your body a bit more tired.
Months ago when Basmati rice with cooking time 10 minutes created a full cascade of insufferable symptoms.

OP
J

jet9

For the last few days I've been eating rice and preboiled potatoes and I noticed something interesting. The rice if it's not rinsed with water at least 6 times it gives me constipation and ADHD. The starch granules get into the brain and creates inflammation. If I rinse it till it's clear, makes me relaxed and my body recovers better during sleep, especially the eyes.
Ray mentioned that potatoes should be boiled at least an hour. I tried it and it didn't work, but no adverse effects with the preboiled ones. Don't ask me I don't know why.
Digestion seems better with starch. I believe glucose from starch gets easier to the muscles than sugar. Sugar goes only to the brain, which keeps you in high mood and cognition, but you may feel your body a bit more tired.
Months ago when Basmati rice with cooking time 10 minutes created a full cascade of insufferable symptoms.
So which do you tolerate better well rinsed rice or pre-boiled potatoes?

And
-, by well rinsed do you simply rinse it 6 times or do you let it sit in water?
-, does long grain va short grain matter?
-, how long do you boil after?

peter88

Sushi rice + pork seems to digest better than any other starch meal in my experience

Herbie

I tolerate wheat above all. It took a really open mind to realise this due to the amount of negative press it gets in many "health" circles.

OP
J

jet9

I tolerate wheat above all. It took a really open mind to realise this due to the amount of negative press it gets in many "health" circles.
What are your symptoms/issues with other starches?

OP
J

jet9

Sushi rice + pork seems to digest better than any other starch meal in my experience
Is sushi rice long or short grain? What’s special about it comparing to “regular“ rice?

Herbie

@jet9 no matter how long I boil potato's (hour plus) waxy or not it gives me digestive upset, gas, worse smelling stool and not formed well, rice just feels weird and not a good strong energy. The Asians had to invent amazing flavour combinations to be able to eat rice imo like umami, sweet and sour. Rye is the worst.

So which do you tolerate better well rinsed rice or pre-boiled potatoes?

And
-, by well rinsed do you simply rinse it 6 times or do you let it sit in water?
-, does long grain va short grain matter?
-, how long do you boil after?
I would choose rice.

I put the rice, then cold water, I mix it with my fingers for 10 secs and rinse it. This process 6 times. You must do it till water is clean.
I found short grain to be more fibrous, in my opinion the more expensive the better. Basmati is a great choice.
I boil it around 12 mins. Then I rinse it and cook it with butter in another pan. Once finished, I let it cool few mins.

DrJ

Rice or potatoes. Adding a saturated fat as Peat suggests really helps. Coconut milk for rice or sour cream for potatoes is what I use.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
@jet9
So We have once a week oyster night. There is one night a week We work late. So I don’t want to cook and I don’t want a big meal cuz it’s late.. here it is for all to envy and feel free to copy!
This is X 2 cuz theirs two of us…
One can of cayenne pepper oysters in olive oil (well drained). Then sprits with Umeboshi plum vinegar! Trust me.
Several thin slices of Parmesan R. cheese.8-12… IDK.
A nice dill pickle. (No gums or ascorbic acids or other crap!)
Half a package of organic Genoa sausages. (Use one slice to pick up oyster and eat it like a pigs in a blanket.) amazing!
And now for that heavenly satanic cheat starch!
A big bowl of organic popcorn popped in ghee with lots of salt!!! But wait!!!
And you have to eat a slice of Parmesan and then a handful of popcorn!!!
🍿 🦪 🧀

Jennifer

Sweet corn, overripe bananas, winter squash, baby (immature) potatoes with skin removed after cooking, and rice crispy cereal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals