Thyroid Supplement

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh I have thiroyd, and it works extremely well. Just do not know if it contributed to this hard heart beat I am experiencing.

Combie

Charlie said:
Yeh I have thiroyd, and it works extremely well. Just do not know if it contributed to this hard heart beat I am experiencing.
I think the coffee/taurine thing we discussed a bit yesterday is a more likely candidate. Coffee can take an hour or more to kick in. Give it some thought fella.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Taurine lowers adrenaline. So this is most likely a too much adrenaline thing going on with my heartbeat.

narouz

Charlie said:
Anyone have any good results from Nutrimeds porcine tablets? Some people say they are very weak. I have a bottle and was thinking of trying them because they dont have a lot of extra ingredients. Otherwise, I am going to take the thyroid-s.

I have the Nutri-Meds Bovine, Charlie.
I've experimented with them some,
but I haven't figured out their relative strength so far.

They might be good for you,
because you haven't established your own levels yet--
so no need to have a comparative dosage.

You could start with half a capsule (or less) spread out throughout the day.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh, they are just so darn expensive. :( Thats one big reason holding me back on them.

narouz

Charlie said:
Yeh, they are just so darn expensive. :( Thats one big reason holding me back on them.

I didn't think the price was all that bad. :roll:
And your dosage would be so low...to start, anyhow.

I guess I'd lean that way because the Thyroid-S has probably the highest weird additives
of any NDT I've seen.
And because you've possibly had some reactions to the brand you tried before,
I would be concerned to try to have a trial run on a fairly pure supplement. :)

If that goes well, then...cross the cost bridge later,
switch brands then if you have to.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fairly pure supplement it is then. :)

narouz

Charlie said:

Well...problem is I wouldn't think we can know that for sure (I mean, that it worked extremel well for you).
It can't be ruled out that the Thiroyd caused the hard-pounding heart.... :roll:

narouz

Charlie said:
Taurine lowers adrenaline. So this is most likely a too much adrenaline thing going on with my heartbeat.

If you'll note in that quote from Wiki about Taurine,
it also is said to regulate blood pressure.
I'm speculating that a blood pressure increase may explain your hard-pounding heart.

Wouldn't hurt to try a generous dose when you're experiencing the phenomenon,
see what happens. :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
narouz said:
Charlie said:

Well...problem is I wouldn't think we can know that for sure (I mean, that it worked extremel well for you).
It can't be ruled out that the Thiroyd caused the hard-pounding heart.... :roll:

My basal temp and heart rate did increase on it. I am thinking, as my temp tried to go back down, maybe adrenaline was kicking in trying to keep it up. I dunno. Speculation.

Destiny

Charlie, how much do you use? I am taking still 1/2 grain = 30mg only and will stick with it for two weeks, not taking any chance of a surprise lol

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Destiny, are you talking about the nutri-meds? I was taking a 1/4 pill at breakfast, and a 1/4 pill at lunch. I have not decided if I am going to stick with that or switch over to thyroid-s.

J

j.

narouz said:
And another thing I've been doing lately that seems important,
is taking a cue from a poster here called "kettlebell."
Look in the more recent posts of the thread called "Notes Toward an Optimal Peat Diet."
Read his stuff about how he eats a whole lot of little Peat-balanced snacks.

Related quote:

Ray Peat said:
Frequent, but smaller, meals can reduce PTH.

Ray Peat said:
Dividing any food into smaller meals can lower the PTH, and milk is a convenient food to use in small amounts and frequently.

Milk in context: allergies, ecology, and some myths

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Very good quote. Thank you J!

Anything to keep that PTH down.

Destiny

Charlie, I take a different one by American Biologics (from Lita Lee's website but ordered elsewhere) but it is the same strength as Nutrimeds at 130mg/tab. I remember you took too much at first, and didnt feel so good! Did you take a break and start over? I dont feel anything from taking 1/4 tab yet. I started Monday so tomorrow will be one week.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, I stopped for a while and am starting over now. And yes, I did not feel good, pretty sure it was adrenaline overload due to the thyroid supp making me more responsive to adrenaline. Just need to take it much slower this time.

If I remember correctly, it seems to me like the American Biologics was the same as Nutri-meds. But that was only an assumption due to the dosage of the pill, and also they look the same. I could be wrong though.

Destiny

Um sorry, Charlie, but are you saying you are taking 1/4 tab twice a day right now and have too high of a pulse rate?? I am a bit confused :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, the last round of thyroid supplementing I worked my way up to two pills, one at breakfast, one at lunch. Then, the hard heartbeat came back. So, I backed all the way down to 1/4 pill twice a day, then the hard heart beat continued to happen, so I stopped completely.

Destiny

Thank you Charlie, so you're giving your body time to use up the excess T4 from taking 2 tabs daily. The fact that the heart pounding continued or started again on 1/4 tab twice a day shows there is still too much stored. Thus the advice to wait to weeks when starting with a small dose before increasing - it just takes that long for the T4 effects to be felt.

So for me I will be patient and wait one more week before taking 1/4 twice daily :)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Destiny, I am not so sure it was T4 causing the problem, although, you could be right.

I was reading wiki on T3 last night, and was reminded again the T3 makes the body more reactive towards adrenaline. I am almost 100% positive that I am having excess adrenaline problems. It happens right after I drink coffee, which, I am pretty sure coffee ramps up the adrenaline. And it also happens before I go to bed maybe due to apprehension of going to sleep because I have been having problems nodding off.

Here is what wiki says about a T3 substance:

As such, it acts on the body to increase the basal metabolic rate, effect protein synthesis and increase the body's sensitivity to catecholamines (such as adrenaline) by permissiveness.

So, increases the bodies sensitivity to adrenaline. Lita Lee says the same things happens. And that eventually, the body will down regulate adrenaline production.

So, last night while lying in bed it hit me. The thiroyd that I was taking worked, it worked really well. So well my body could not down regulate fast enough, and I had to deal with the excess adrenaline. So, on that thought. I am going to start back up the thiroyd, go super slow on the increase, and watch the amount of coffee I drink as to lower the chance of excess adrenaline.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals