TOOTHBRUSH: WHAT DO YOU USE AND HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE IT?

Logan-

What do you use, and how often do you change your toothbrush? Are soft toothbrushes the best for general use, since firmer bristled toothbrushes can damage enamel and irritate gums?

Sphagnum

I’ve started to use a boar’s hair tooth brush on a bamboo handle, as part of an effort to reduce microplastic ingestion.
There isn’t a listing for the firmness of the bristles, but I’d say it starts off at a medium and breaks into a soft.
As for changing it, the boar’s hair doesn’t deform like plastic bristles (although it will shed some depending on how hard you brush) so it doesn’t seem to need to be replaced as often. I also use peroxide on it as needed to inhibit bacterial growth.

OP
L

Logan-

I’ve started to use a boar’s hair tooth brush on a bamboo handle, as part of an effort to reduce microplastic ingestion.
There isn’t a listing for the firmness of the bristles, but I’d say it starts off at a medium and breaks into a soft.
As for changing it, the boar’s hair doesn’t deform like plastic bristles (although it will shed some depending on how hard you brush) so it doesn’t seem to need to be replaced as often. I also use peroxide on it as needed to inhibit bacterial growth.
That’s very interesting.

I am going to use your peroxide suggestion. My gum recession has repaired itself over the years after I switched to an electric toothbrush, so I am not sure I can go back to manually brushing my teeth. I just brush too hard. I never thought of ingesting plastic from my toothbrush. I may have to look for your kind and give it a try.

OP
L

Logan-

A few days ago, I tried an “extra soft” toothbrush, and thrown it away after the second use. I think “soft” is optimal; the “extra soft” one felt like rubbing cashmere onto my teeth and gums. Didn’t like it. Some hardness is good in a toothbrush bristles; extra soft is extreme, unless one has a specific problem that necessitates or makes useful using such a toothbrush.

Last edited:
A few days ago, I tried an “extra soft” toothbrush, and thrown it away after the second use. I think “soft” is optimal; the “extra soft” one felt like rubbing cashmere onto my teeth and gums. Didn’t like it. Some hardness is good in a toothbrush bristles; extra soft is extreme, unless one has a specific problem that necessitates or makes useful using such a toothbrush.
Rubbing cashmere onto your teeth, that made me laugh! That is a great description Logan!

OP
L

Logan-

Rubbing cashmere onto your teeth, that made me laugh! That is a great description Logan!
Thanks.

I don’t know how you make your famous liver patte, but I bought fresh beef liver today, 300 grams, deveined and deskinned (is there such a word in English?) and cut in cubes. Put a pan on the biggest gas stove I have, opened it fully so there’s lots of heat. Put deodorised coconut oil on the pan, right at the moment that the oil smokes, put the liver cubes on it. Never change the heat in stove, always full on heat. You have to make sure the temp doesn’t go down so much as to let the liver “give out” its juice onto the pan, because if that happens that means you ruined the meat by drying it. So the heat is always fully on and high, right until the end. Put liberal amounts of salt on them. Put a lid on the pan so the upper sides of the liver cubes will be cooked as well as the bottom sides. Make sure to shake the pan so the liver doesn’t stick to the pan, and doesn’t burn. Just within 1.5-2 minutes, it’s ready.

Juicy, tasty, and nutritious with just 3 ingredients. Minimalistic. My guest really liked it; as well as other people that I have cooked this for in the past. They always ask me to do it.

People generally ruin liver by drying it out, because it gives out its juice relatively fast, especially if the heat is not high. I consider a meat dead not when the animal that it belonged to is dead, but when the meat is cooked badly, not appreciated and valued properly. Sometimes people also use oils like EVOO, which has low smoking point and doesn’t hold that much heat as well as saturated fats like coconut oil, so that ruins the meat as well. Usually, organ fats and fats of animals that are near its bottom end (butt) are great for cooking these kinds of things, especially if you rendered them in your house before and have them ready.

Check this out:

Thanks.

I don’t know how you make your famous liver patte, but I bought fresh beef liver today, 300 grams, deveined and deskinned (is there such a word in English?) and cut in cubes. Put a pan on the biggest gas stove I have, opened it fully so there’s lots of heat. Put deodorised coconut oil on the pan, right at the moment that the oil smokes, put the liver cubes on it. Never change the heat in stove, always full on heat. You have to make sure the temp doesn’t go down so much as to let the liver “give out” its juice onto the pan, because if that happens that means you ruined the meat by drying it. So the heat is always fully on and high, right until the end. Put liberal amounts of salt on them. Put a lid on the pan so the upper sides of the liver cubes will be cooked as well as the bottom sides. Make sure to shake the pan so the liver doesn’t stick to the pan, and doesn’t burn. Just within 1.5-2 minutes, it’s ready.

Juicy, tasty, and nutritious with just 3 ingredients. Minimalistic. My guest really liked it; as well as other people that I have cooked this for in the past. They always ask me to do it.

People generally ruin liver by drying it out, because it gives out its juice relatively fast, especially if the heat is not high. I consider a meat dead not when the animal that it belonged to is dead, but when the meat is cooked badly, not appreciated and valued properly. Sometimes people also use oils like EVOO, which has low smoking point and doesn’t hold that much heat as well as saturated fats like coconut oil, so that ruins the meat as well. Usually, organ fats and fats of animals that are near its bottom end (butt) are great for cooking these kinds of things, especially if you rendered them in your house before and have them ready.

Check this out:

Ok I will meet you over there….

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals