Toxin-less Lubricant?

seano

Straight to the point:
- Is there a toxin-less lubricant which is compatible with condoms?

tumblr_mkskdscmi51s0dj6vo1_500.gif

tara

InChristAlone

Spit was always my go to. Otherwise no lube needed for me.

tara

I think oil tends to perish rubber. But I'm not sure whether the current common versions are made of rubber or are compatible with oil.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think the question needs a little clarification that....we probably won't get considering how long ago the OP was made. Most condoms come pre-lubricated (on the outside). I doubt lubrication inside the condom is desirable (beyond a certain minimum to avoid bruising) as it would increase the risk of the condom slipping off in the middle of the action.
Spit works but sometimes more is needed and when people are excited/nervous many tend to get dry mouth so there may not be much left...when needed.
Glycerol/glycerin is pretty good, if one can find a pure source, and is in fact a component of many commercial lubricants. Finally, one can actually buy mucin and that would probably work best as this is what gives the moist orifices their natural slippery state but just like glycerin/glycerol it would come down to finding a good source/product. It seems quite a few mucin brands are sold on Amazon so there is plenty to choose from.
https://www.amazon.com/Cosrx-Advanced-Snail-Mucin-Essence/dp/B00PBX3L7K

If people are in the mood for...let's call it "experimentation" :): then I think something like a mix of 90% glycerol and 10% long-chain saturated fatty acid (or its alcohol) like stearyl alcohol would also be pretty good as DYI lubricant. That should be safe for condoms, and if no condoms are used then...well...pretty much any clean, deodorized oil would work.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think oil tends to perish rubber. But I'm not sure whether the current common versions are made of rubber or are compatible with oil.

If a mix of glycerin and oil is used in the proper ratio, it should be safe for the condom. See my comment above.

Steve123

@haidut I've been reading that coconut oil can have an anti dht effect, would putting this on the penis and it getting on the scrotum area cause an issue??

Also, refined or raw coconut oil better??

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I've been reading that coconut oil can have an anti dht effect, would putting this on the penis and it getting on the scrotum area cause an issue??

Also, refined or raw coconut oil better??

I don't think coconut oil has strong anti-androgenic effects. PUFA is much more likely to have that effect. IMO de-odorized coconut oil or MCT is better. The one with odor is allergenic to some people...and also I think some people find the fruity/floral smell of regular coconut oil off-putting during sex. Probably because it masks or mixes with the pheromones and interferes with their natural arousing effect.
PUFA And MUFA Are Strong Inhibitors Of 5-AR, Saturated Fatty Acids Are Not
Cholesterol And SFA Are Anabolic; PUFA/MUFA Akin To Chemical Castration

Steve123

I don't think coconut oil has strong anti-androgenic effects. PUFA is much more likely to have that effect. IMO de-odorized coconut oil or MCT is better. The one with odor is allergenic to some people...and also I think some people find the fruity/floral smell of regular coconut oil off-putting during sex. Probably because it masks or mixes with the pheromones and interferes with their natural arousing effect.
PUFA And MUFA Are Strong Inhibitors Of 5-AR, Saturated Fatty Acids Are Not
Cholesterol And SFA Are Anabolic; PUFA/MUFA Akin To Chemical Castration

Okay that sounds fair.. What would you say about long term use of it? Like i may use coconut oil on the penis every single day, maybe 20-40 minutes at a time.. Can it kind of 'be absorbed' by the penis and cause any issues with the tissue etc

haidut

Forum Supporter
Okay that sounds fair.. What would you say about long term use of it? Like i may use coconut oil on the penis every single day, maybe 20-40 minutes at a time.. Can it kind of 'be absorbed' by the penis and cause any issues with the tissue etc

I don't think it is dangerous, people in East Asia have been rubbing it on their bodies daily for millennia. Glycerol/glycerin is probably even more inert so you could alternate that with the oil if you are concerned about frequent use.

Oleg

I don't think it is dangerous, people in East Asia have been rubbing it on their bodies daily for millennia. Glycerol/glycerin is probably even more inert so you could alternate that with the oil if you are concerned about frequent use.
Aloe juice is quite slippery. Very skin and condom friendly.Unfortunately not very practical. It spoils quickly without refrigeration or toxic agents.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals